£1 million bid for Josh Windass submitted to SWFC

9 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Thought it was 250K

Probably another one of those ‘undisclosed fee paid’ jobs but thought to be in the region of £500K.

If memory is correct he was sold off by Wigan administrator so probably the lower figure you mention.

22 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is that you do it?  WOW he's us thinking they offer £1m we accept £0.5m, wish I had your insights.

Amazing they offer a price and we ask for more, what a concept.

Exactly how I read it !

So enlightening for all of us on here 

32 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Probably another one of those ‘undisclosed fee paid’ jobs but thought to be in the region of £500K.

If memory is correct he was sold off by Wigan administrator so probably the lower figure you mention.

Yeah, it was reported as being around £500k at the time.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/josh-windass-sheffield-wednesday-transfer-18869323

3 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

I don’t disagree that selling is an option but as you say the club will have to weigh up what they can get and whether he’s fit. In isolation you’d want money for a player leaving for free but if he was fit for even 2/3 of the season and the difference between promotion then I’m not sure how much it’s worth now but its a lot more. We are in a good position on this one…unless he’s injured again of course. 

I can see why we will want to push the price up as his career has suggested he is better than league one 

Anytime we are linked with selling someone people always moan and say “he’s worth more to us if he gets us promoted” - They never do get us promoted as we have got progressively worse and worse.

He isn’t the difference between promotion or not. Sunderland, Rotherham and Wigan have managed ok without him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Anytime we are linked with selling someone people always moan and say “he’s worth more to us if he gets us promoted” - They never do get us promoted as we have got progressively worse and worse.

He isn’t the difference between promotion or not. Sunderland, Rotherham and Wigan have managed ok without him. 

All those sides had two or three players scoring 20-30 goals between them. We didn’t that’s why they went up. 

If we can get a player in to replace him that scores and contributes to that which we may be able to given the Ladapo link then it’s good business. If we can’t and can manage without the money either way it’s bad business. Not rocket science 

Guest Mcguigan
On 28/05/2022 at 11:30, prowl said:

First rule of business...never accept the first offer. Everyone puts a low offer in first to test the water, everyone always asks more for an item than their minimum selling price.

If they offer £1m and we say we want £2m then we start negotiating. We will meet somewhere between those figures or their maximum will be lower than our minimum asking price and we both decide a deal isn't possible.

Psycholocically if you are buying a £200k house and you offer £190k and it gets accepted you will wonder if you could have got it for £180k, it leaves that little niggle in your mind that you might have over paid.

I accept we might sell but there's more money to be had.

Not sure what type of businesses adopt this philosophy myself.

What if their first offer had been £5m and they made it clear they had other irons in the fire if we refused it?

But its not last season.  It will be a new season and he will be available to play

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

We get progressively worse coz we keep getting rid of our best players and not replacing them with same quality or better.  

Lets get rid of the poorer players instead.

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Not sure what type of businesses adopt this philosophy myself.

What if their first offer had been £5m and they made it clear they had other irons in the fire if we refused it?

If their first offer was £5M I'd question their sanity.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

But its not last season.  It will be a new season and he will be available to play

We get progressively worse coz we keep getting rid of our best players and not replacing them with same quality or better.  

Lets get rid of the poorer players instead.

We can’t replace our players with better because we don’t have any money and lurch from either being in transfer embargo or not paying the players they are owed.

The reason we don’t have any money? Because we never sell players and keep them for years longer than their worth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

We can’t replace our players with better because we don’t have any money and lurch from either being in transfer embargo or not paying the players they are owed.

The reason we don’t have any money? Because we never sell players and keep them for years longer than their worth.

You are putting up obstacles which aren't there.   We do have money and DC will spend accordingly.