WEDNESDAY V SHREWSBURY TOWN OMDT

Travelled up last night and in Sheffield for this one, looking forward to it. 

Expect a reaction after the last two, particularly last week. The time for talking is done, now need actions on the pitch. No disrespect indented, but our squad, at this level,  should beat 90% of teams in this league.

Shrewsbury likely to sit deep and counter, flood the midfield and overload with 5 midfielders vs our 3. We need to be at it from the off, set the tempo and keep it up.

For  me Adeniran,  Corbeanu and Shodipo start. We need energy and some unpredictability. Not a day for pragmatic team selections with players who are more positionally disciplined (up front), easy for the opposites if we play in front of them, need to get in behind making them face their own goal.

2-0 Wednesday 

• Like 4

Didn’t realise Shrewsbury had some decent players, which I admit says more about my knowledge than any slant against the shrews. But I would still expect our squad to outplay and win at home to their squad of players. It will be a poor result from our point of view if we don’t get 3 points today.  UTO 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

Something of a bogey team and a lot of fans thinking it’s a gimme, a fast front foot start needed. UTO 

I take your point, but it's not like we play them regularly. Yes, they beat us in the cup 5 years ago, but the last game before that was over 30 years ago, in 1987 (and we won). 

Overall record not great, but most of that in the days before money came  into football and the game changed. Not a gimme, I agree, but as close as its possible to get.

• Like 1

I’m embarrassed that until I Googled it I didn’t actually know we’re Shrewsbury was. Now I know I think I’m more worried than I was. I thought it was a soft southern team but it’s a border town so they are probably as tough as teak. Not that there will be many players from the home town or anything. No idea what I’m on about really or why now knowing they are a border town team and not in Kent or something worries me but it does…
0-0

Wednesday to miss a pen in the first half. Think I’m going to need pie and bovril for this one…

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

Stopped watching the Exeter game at half time. Didn't look on Owlstalk all week. Would get up every morning feeling vaguely fed up,

not initially sure why, but it would come back to me pretty soon. Not just me, I'm quite sure. Football, bloody hell.

Lads, show up FFS!

Why are you watching Exeter.