WEDNESDAY V SHREWSBURY TOWN OMDT

6 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’d say 15.. it can come together and we can go on a winning run. I don’t think you can sack the manager after 10 games if we’re still mid table. For me, he gets 15 games and then the pressure mounts and if we’re not up there after 20 I’d make  a change before the seasons gone. Promotion has to be the target this season.

Spot on

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

I admire your glass full approach mate, but I can't bring myself to be that way anymore, comparing this side to the Carlos Wembley final said is def a glass half full.

At least you can debate without having to call me names just because you don't agree, come to think of it where is Bluefinmac?

It could still be a good season for us but it needs  to come together quickly.

As far as promotion is concerned, I really don't want to go up via the playoffs. I'm 62 years old and before I was born we used to be champions regularly (either the old Div 1 (4 times) or 2 (5 times)).

We haven't been champions at any level since the year I was born (1959) and I would dearly love to see that happen during my lifetime regardless of the League we are in. To be honest I'd settle for another year or two at this level if it meant we went up as Champions.

1 minute ago, Five Archers said:

Agree mate. Would love it to work for DM we did it before under Wilkinson, most of that team were cast offs or second strings. Biggest problem at the moment is over expectations amongst the fans and more than likely in the players heads.

When you come here you have to accept that, historically this is a big club, this is our worst ever time (since 2000) in our history.

I'm amazed how we still get big gates when we've been nobody for 2 decades, amazed!

Big club still but the players need to run through walls for this club.

I'd have Megson back in a heartbeat but he will not work with the bloke in charge and that's bcz he has a voice .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

When you come here you have to accept that, historically this is a big club, this is our worst ever time (since 2000) in our history.

I'm amazed how we still get big gates when we've been nobody for 2 decades, amazed!

Big club still but the players need to run through walls for this club.

I'd have Megson back in a heartbeat but he will not work with the bloke in charge and that's bcz he has a voice .

Got to admit I can’t remember seeing us fall to pieces and give up on games like we have for the last few seasons before. Even when we were looking at div 4 we had the balls to fight it off.

Hopefully it won’t get that bad and somehow we find the improvement needed to get back to winning a few games of football

26 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

It’s been a sh*tshow for years.. but my point is, if he’s not going anywhere then can only hope he improves things. A few months ago that looked like a pipe dream but we have done the right things off the pitch for the last 2-3 months. Everyone was saying that until we lost a couple of games.

The changes we made to the squad this summer were much needed and the number is high because we haven’t made enough changes over the last 3-4 years.

Its still too early to say. Last time we had so many new players was 2015-16 and we only won 1 out of the first 6 and still made it to the play off final.

We are in large playing most of last season failure players, we have the most experience defence in the league but the midfield is woeful and it is costing us every game.

Gregory got a couple of tap ins from Dennis shots, but other than that not much from a player who has 10 goals in 50+ games in his last 2 seasons.

Bannan as captain is untouchable and should have been dropped before now, he weaken the team as cannot play in a midfield two, his goals to game ratio is awful and misses too many penalties. We are slows and predictable when every play goes through him, teams come to Hillsborough and know shutting down Bannan often leads to them getting something from the game.

Today we weakened the tight defence we have,  because hutch was needed to play along side Bannan, for me it is time he sat out a few games and give others a chance to show what they can do. We desperately need some goals and creatively in midfield. 

I am just happy I was travelling back from holiday today and did not waste £30 to watch that today.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

I don’t think we are heading for relegation mate. Mid table if we don’t sort ourselves out seems most likely. 

Maybes..but look at the stats, i have nothing else to go on. Thus far even the wins were not convincing, we have not looked a decent team once in 90mins.

The too good to go down is much said..and you know what happens then.

Besides that, mid table is not acceptable.

Hope I'm wrong but to me we are in a relegation fight and the stats and form backs me up....others that say otherwise are just hoping.

He needs to go quickly or it will be too late again.

AIMHO of course..