WEDNESDAY V SHREWSBURY TOWN OMDT

Need the points today.

The players are good enough.

Dennis is back.

Let’s hope DM has learnt from the last two where 65% possession counts for nothing if it’s on your own 18 yard line….

COME ON WEDNESDAY 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

Why are you watching Exeter.

I wondered that too. Reading this thread has left me confused. We've also got some guy called Pierre scoring for us apparently. Then again watching Exeter was probably better than watching us last week.

Anyway, I think we'll get back to winning ways today and dare I say it, in some style too. And I'm rarely, if ever, optimistic about our chances.

Kiss of death, I know..

And, has anyone on here actually ever seen a real life shrew? Do they really exist or are they something made up by Roald Dahl?

Anyway, Up The Owls.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I wondered that too. Reading this thread has left me confused. We've also got some guy called Pierre scoring for us apparently. Then again watching Exeter was probably better than watching us last week.

Anyway, I think we'll get back to winning ways today and dare I say it, in some style too. And I'm rarely, if ever, optimistic about our chances.

Kiss of death, I know..

And, has anyone on here actually ever seen a real life shrew? Do they really exist or are they something made up by Roald Dahl?

Anyway, Up The Owls.

I read that a bloke called Shakespeare once tamed a shrew.

I have no idea why though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I found one in my boot once. I’d taken them off after work in the beer garden of a pub and then when I picked them up to put them one there was what I though was a mouse but when I looked closer it had a really long nose. Very unimpressive animal really apart from the nose. No idea why someone would name a whole town after it! 

• Haha 4

To celebrate Brexit today’s game has a POTG price of 23 Guineas and sixpence.

A pint of mead is available from all bars at a price of 6 Shillings and one Farthing.

SYP have issued warnings that any horseless carriages parked within two furlongs of the ground will receive a fine of one sovereign and six lashes with a cat o’ nine tails.

….and now back to 2021

Got to beat Shrewsbury, at home. After winning their opening game they’ve been bobbins. 

P7 W1. D1. L5

Theyve scored THREE goals in those 7 games, making our 5 from 6 look like Man Citeh.

Surely Moore has to release the hounds today. We don’t need slowly slowly catchee monkey at home to the toothless Shrews.

Hope we see a balanced (left footers please) attacking line-up. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thank the Lord for this match and Snoots’ match day thread…all three of us in our house have COVID . Not allowed out till next Saturday and feeling rough as rats. Come on Bandalf🧙‍♂️ and the wizards in blue and white cast a spell on the Shrews and cheer me up with a resounding victory.

T’wizzzaaaarrdds!

• Like 1