Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

After he hooked Rhodes and Windass we were not going to score. There was no one in the box for the large part after that. Therefore if they equalise - which they did, we can't go on and win the games AFTER those substitutions. A point of obviousness which played out to its inevitable conclusion yet again.

I don't disagree with you re the substitutions but we are clutching at straws. Issues run far deeper than Moore. You could argue that Paterson missed a chance he should have bagged right at the death. If he'd have scored that and not scored an awful Own goal then we'd be praising Moore for his substitutions. It's all if's and buts but thin lines between success and failure.

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

One thing is for the certain,  he hasn't made a positive impression on the players, the results show that. 

I doubt he will be given the summer and pre season to rebuild as he probably things.

He's now dealing with a squad who are going through the motions, knowing they are relegated,  and thinking about their options for next season. 

I would imagine players like Adam Reach have already mentally checked out, with his agent looking for a club now..how can Moore possibly work with players like that? 

First off, the first sentence above somewhat contradicts what follows it. If the players have given up and are thinking of their next clubs, what is the manager supposed to do? You can't force someone to give 100% if they don't want to and especially when the tiny leverage he has over them will expire in a few weeks.

Also, leaping to gigantic conclusions on the back of a handful of games is just silly. In the Premier League for example you've seen a rapid transformation in the fortunes of Manchester City, Liverpool. West Ham, Southampton and (hilariously) United in just a few months, and in both directions. At our club, Ron Atkinson will go down as a legend, but it took a long time for him to get decent results, whilst Alan Irvine did the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

First off, the first sentence above somewhat contradicts what follows it. If the players have given up and are thinking of their next clubs, what is the manager supposed to do? You can't force someone to give 100% if they don't want to and especially when the tiny leverage he has over them will expire in a few weeks.

Also, leaping to gigantic conclusions on the back of a handful of games is just silly. In the Premier League for example you've seen a rapid transformation in the fortunes of Manchester City, Liverpool. West Ham, Southampton and (hilariously) United in just a few months, and in both directions. At our club, Ron Atkinson will go down as a legend, but it took a long time for him to get decent results, whilst Alan Irvine did the opposite.

Big Ron wouldn't have lasted much past the first few games of the 88/89 season with some of our supporters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, parajack said:

Really? is it only that? what about tactics?  team selection? substitutions? you wouldn't do anything different to DM? really?  taking off two strikers.....did we try to push on and win,this 'must win' game? cos i dont think we did

If the players aren't bothered and are just seeing out their contracts which it looks very much like they are then tactics and team selection are pretty much irrelevant 

8 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

The squad is poo, no manager would keep this shower up. Moore is our best bet to bring us back up next season.

Why? What part of his managerial record leads you to that conclusion? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I don't disagree with you re the substitutions but we are clutching at straws. Issues run far deeper than Moore. You could argue that Paterson missed a chance he should have bagged right at the death. If he'd have scored that and not scored an awful Own goal then we'd be praising Moore for his substitutions. It's all if's and buts but thin lines between success and failure.

I'd turned off by then, but no I wouldn't. If we are going to score goals we need 2 of the following 3 on the pitch at the same time - Rhodes, Windass, Patterson. Playing down the lines is pointless without Rhodes in the box. Most of the games we lose are by fine margins so substitutions make a massive difference. You can't just disregard this as clutching at straws. Monk lost his job ultimately because he couldn't close games down with his suicidal subs - how many late goals did we concede -  and it looks like Moore is the same. The games since he started would have yielded more points with better game management. It seems people on here want him to start with a blank slate next year, but we are not actually down yet and an extra few points spaffed from winning position would at least look like we were fighting. Of course this mess isn't his fault but he doesn't get a free pass to throw away points.

Nah, not having it. 4 managers this season, how many more over the last few years that this shower haven't performed for.

DC has sucked the soul out of the place and left us with a squad full of wasters who couldn't give a damn. Forget who's the manager now, it's getting boring.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If you are one of the fans looking to slate the new manager already then you’re a fool

A fool who is being played

Big time 

Look at the real issue here for once 

You can you know 

It’s not wrong to acknowledge that the real issue is further up the pecking order 

First up i agree with you about the real issue.

Secondly re the manager..........................TBF it didn`t stop you slating Pulis from day one.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JumboRex said:

Christ give the guy a chance will you.. hardly his fault that he has this group of morons to try and keep us up with 

Spot on.If we're are going to have a pop at someone,then it should be aimed at that those two clowns DC and Paxo.Not DM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

The greatest manager in modern football Alex Ferguson too 4 years to win a trophy at Manchester United so I think blaming Moore after 4 games is a bit harsh.

Look at what Ferguson had achieved and won at St Mirren and Aberdeen before going to Manchester United though.

There’s nothing really in Moore’s CV to suggest he’s the man to turn it around here.

The 4 games so far have been poor. When a club is in the bottom 3 and appoint a manger with 14 games to go there needs to be an immediate impact which we’ve not seen.

I’ll give him time but I don’t know how long DC will give him. If we don’t win a game soon he’ll be under pressure 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, September65 said:

Is it a rule that Rhodes has to be hooked after an hour? Our most likely goalscorer, playing well, not looking remotely tired. The late chance Paterson had - Rhodes would have scored because he's a finisher and Paterson is not. 

Correct

4 hours ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Must question his tactics......1:1 in a MUST win game and the last 10 minutes we're still playing with 5 at the back, WTF. One cross went into the box in the last few minutes and we had one man in there, WHY?? We should be loading the box and lumping it in. I just can't fathom, either the players aren't doing as they're told or he's happy with a point. Go figure????

Love to hear from him why???

I agree.... Although Moore can't be criticised for the quality or lack of it of the players, he has to take responsibility for tactics and substitutions.

His substitutions in every game have changed things for the worse. Last night why take Rhodes and Windass off when they were working well?

By all means bring more attacking players on to try and win the game but take off players who are offering nothing such as Reach, who mystifyingly given 90 mins. others who were woeful all night and could have been hooked were Palmer and Pelupessey.

I found this post match comment from Moore worrying.

"I said to the boys 'if you're not going to win the game you make sure you don't lose the game', and we've done that".

In what was a must win game, he seemed happy to settle for a draw. Draws are worthless to us now, we need wins.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

This thread is good as far as I am concerned. We should be debating the new manager! He should be criticised for mistakes (I bet he’s critical of himself) and given our support at the same time. 
I want him to succeed. I think he should be given a year at least. But if he’s making errors of course people will point them out! I bet he’s on the training pitch pointing them out himself right now! 
If people don’t think he’s the right man they should say so. If people do think he’s the right man that should say so. 
Everyone wants us to do better. 

I think he is the right man but there are things he could do better. Subs for one!

We were demoted well before Moore turning up but at the same time we’ve lost a couple I thought we might win. 
I want him here but I want him to improve. 
UTO!

We were not relegated before Moore came in , just 2 wins from his  games would have put us 3 points behind Birmingham with a game in hand , he's picked up a solitary 1 point , we are now 9 behind and still below Rotherham who have 3 games in hand.

It will take a miracle now to see us stay up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Look at what Ferguson had achieved and won at St Mirren and Aberdeen before going to Manchester United though.

There’s nothing really in Moore’s CV to suggest he’s the man to turn it around here.

I’ll give him time  

No offence but it definitely reads like you 

1) won't

2) already havent'

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Watto said:

We were not relegated before Moore came in , just 2 wins from his  games would have put us 3 points behind Birmingham with a game in hand , he's picked up a solitary 1 point , we are now 9 behind and still below Rotherham who have 3 games in hand.

It will take a miracle now to see us stay up.

Fairs. What I meant really was I believed we were nailed on to be relegated before Moore came in. I didn’t think any manager (certainty not one we could attract) had the ability to turn the ship. I still think that.