Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We can’t rip into every single managers record who comes to the club ffs

I’m not ripping into him, those are facts

Hopefully we’ll land lucky but there’s nothing to suggest he has what it takes to sort this mess out, and nobody will be shocked if DC hands him his cards in May 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, i used to be sc_owl said:

Everything leads back to DC. Players and managers are irrelevant right now. This is a slow, painful death. 

This 

The fact that people (players/managers) are coming to Wednesday and turning to cr*p is for a reason.  

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Exactly

Birmingham fans will have enjoyed tonight - they must have seen a difference

Weve seen nowt

Why would we??

The squad is out of contract

We have a six point deduction

We are in the bottom three

Our players will have already got new clubs lined up

Etx etc etc etc

These issues don’t go away just because you bring a new manager in

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I think we all know the real problem but we have to rely on a first team manager (whoever that is) to come in and make an improvement. DC is going nowhere, so as DM has taken the job on, and is being paid pretty well, it’s down to him now as no one else can change our fortunes on the pitch...unless DC has a miraculous change in strategy.

5 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

I think we all know the real problem but we have to rely on a first team manager (whoever that is) to come in and make an improvement. DC is going nowhere, so as DM has taken the job on, and is being paid pretty well, it’s down to him now as no one else can change our fortunes on the pitch...unless DC has a miraculous change in strategy.

Just saying that doesn’t change the real issues here though 

It’s the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting LAA LAA LAAA LAAAA

Owlstalk Shop

We haven't got the players with enough composure or ability to play it out from the back.
We haven't got forwards with the ability to play hoof ball and hold the ball up and bring others into play.
We haven't got the players with the awareness, speed of thought or fight in midfield.
Moore is basically trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle where none of the pieces fit. Or even want to be in the box to start with.
Start again in pre-season for L1 with hopefully Moore's choice of new players.

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yes, and I'm sure we will then appoint the next Pep Guardiola who will in a few years lead us to Champions League glory. 

I’m not saying I’d fire him. He’s been awful so far but he’s a decent manager in the Pub League so I’d probably keep him. Chansiri won’t though.

25 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

That's a fare argument mate 

I never believed for a second Moore would keep us

What I wanted to see was a look of improvement, a game plan 

No matter how bad these players are surely you'd see a improvement in some form 

I'm not seeing what the game plan is and how Moore is suddenly going to improve next season

He’s been in charge for 4 games and working with players who have lost the fight and won’t be here next season. We simply aren’t going to see much improvement in these last 10 games. Appointing Pulis was the killer blow. I’ll reserve judgment on Moore until next season.

Edited by 109Waddle

Guest Kagoshimaowl
32 minutes ago, LaughtonOwl said:

But thats how Moore's teams play. He is not he problem. If we don't have players who can at the way a new manager wants, then we shouldn't have hired him. Wheres the joined up thinking? 

We have to give him the time and resource to build the side he wants or what was the point in hiring him...

Yes so if he stays and it’s a big if, let him get the players in to fit the system in the summer. Trying to do it after two training sessions against Rovrum is what has sent us down.

3 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

We haven't got the players with enough composure or ability to play it out from the back.
We haven't got forwards with the ability to play hoof ball and hold the ball up and bring others into play.
We haven't got the players with the awareness, speed of thought or fight in midfield.
Moore is basically trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle where none of the pieces fit. Or even want to be in the box to start with.
Start again in pre-season for L1 with hopefully Moore's choice of new players.

In a nutshell  and we haven't got any athletes or pace either

How have we got into this state?

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

In a nutshell  and we haven't got any athletes or pace either

How have we got into this state?

By not selling players at peak value and not (being allowed to) refreshing the squad

We could lose all our remaining matches 4-0 and I still wouldn’t blame DM.

He’s been brought in with the goal of being able to rebuild the squad and cement a proper philosophy long term whilst in L1. 

We had our chance to bring in a dog like Pulis to try and claw our survival in December, which we did and it didn’t work. In fact it was a complete disaster.

Monk, Pulis and now DM all failed with the exact same group of players, it’s simply not a coincidence.  

He has been in charge for four games. The players have clearly given up. They have had god knows how many managers this season (i've lost count). I don't think we should even be commenting on the job that Moore has done. It's ridiculous.