Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

41 minutes ago, HullOwlPhil said:

So not only is Moore clueless and useless, he's now being accused of being greedy and egotistical.

Wow

OK , let's say he's joined us because we are a 'big club'...how naive is that?

Look, I'm not slagging the manager off for the sake of it,  but Thompson managed to get a bounce after Pulis..

It's probably just a hopeless situation that he was never going to be able to effect, but I stand by what I said - I think any manager who leaves a team around the play off positions in league one , for our circus in the Championship,  has shown poor judgement.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bannofan said:

I question the motives of a manager that leaves Doncaster in their position,  to join a club in ours. 

Words like 'Greed' and 'Ego' come into it.

One thing is for the certain,  he hasn't made a positive impression on the players, the results show that. 

I doubt he will be given the summer and pre season to rebuild as he probably things.

He's now dealing with a squad who are going through the motions, knowing they are relegated,  and thinking about their options for next season. 

I would imagine players like Adam Reach have already mentally checked out, with his agent looking for a club now..how can Moore possibly work with players like that? 

And who would sign Reach based on his performances, he's hardly putting himself in the shop window. 

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Too many managers making the same decisions. Manager, after manager

Really makes you wonder who is picking the team.

I don't think that Chansiri is on the phone during games telling him what substitutions to make.

I’ve had a bit of time to reflect after the disappointment of last night. It is way too early to judge Moore properly but some of the early signs are a wee bit concerning for me.

You need to remember that a Head Coach/Manager’s job these days is largely about motivating players and getting the best out of them, setting up a team/shape to win football matches, and ultimately it’s about getting results in whatever way he can. Yes it’s only 4 games in but so far Moore has not managed a win. Bowyer at Birmingham has already won more points than him after 1 game and Moore has had fixtures against poorer sides in the division than Reading that Birmingham had. 

It is about next season for Moore but he also needs to try and get a tune out of the players he has now and so far he hasn’t. He needs to be assessing the squad, looking at who is fighting, figuring out who might stay, and he should be capable of picking points even with this squad and with many players leaving. We seem to be going down with a whimper rather than making a go of it. You don’t get easier fixtures in this division than Huddersfield and Rotherham at home and he has got 1 point out of 6. 

Moore can’t be blamed for the recruitment and yes he has a tough job, the state of the squad is shocking and not his fault, but in the modern day the managers are one of many people at a football club that have an input on recruitment. Moving forwards he won’t be the sole decision maker and his remit will be largely in other areas.

The squad of players he has at his disposal are crap, it’s not his fault but his game changing substitutions have changed games, just not in our favour. They’ve largely been terrible and have taken any momentum out of our play. That’s another worry for me. He’s also persisting with players who are clearly not performing (eg Reach/Shaw) and who haven’t been performing for weeks/months. 

New manager or not, he has to take some responsibility for that IMO. It was always going to be a steep learning curve and the whole lot of the playing and coaching staff need to be doing better.

• Like 1

If we're blaming managers, we need to be blaming the players too.oh and Carlos. Why Carlos it's been years now move on you say.! 

.since the days of Carlos pedestrian training or what ever it was called, we only seem to ever "play" for 45 minutes. I'm sure it's ingrained in what's left of That playoff  sqaud and especially since our main playmaker is still here. He sets the tempo of our play and all too often it goes from way too slow to route 1 there seems no middle ground. 

We've had successive managers who've all seemed to struggle to get a a full 90 minutes of work out of players here, yes some have changed, but it still seems to be a problem whomever is in charge we have 45 mins where we play really well and 45 of abjectness and it'd almost every game. 

This thread is good as far as I am concerned. We should be debating the new manager! He should be criticised for mistakes (I bet he’s critical of himself) and given our support at the same time. 
I want him to succeed. I think he should be given a year at least. But if he’s making errors of course people will point them out! I bet he’s on the training pitch pointing them out himself right now! 
If people don’t think he’s the right man they should say so. If people do think he’s the right man that should say so. 
Everyone wants us to do better. 

I think he is the right man but there are things he could do better. Subs for one!

We were demoted well before Moore turning up but at the same time we’ve lost a couple I thought we might win. 
I want him here but I want him to improve. 
UTO!

11 hours ago, edwinowl said:

I think he’s the right man. 
But that was a poor decision to take off Rhodes tonight. Dear o dear. 

Is it a rule that Rhodes has to be hooked after an hour? Our most likely goalscorer, playing well, not looking remotely tired. The late chance Paterson had - Rhodes would have scored because he's a finisher and Paterson is not. 

11 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Did we really pay money for him

Been sold another dud 

Younger version of Pulis 

Negative football

Awful subs

Zero impact 

Won't win another game this season 

With these players and this charlaton coaching them 

Should have kept Thompson til the end of the season

Then bought someone in who knows what they are doing 

tenor.gif

Jesus and his dad could not turn this shower into a team.

At one time a manager was given 3 years to build a team, now according to you it is 3 games.

He got it totally wrong last night

Massive, must win game and he's set us up playing a really deep 541. Against Huddersfield. I can accept doing it against Norwich or Watford but to do it against an average team a few places above us is absolutely ridiculous.

You could be forgiven for thinking Pulis had set the team up.

They had so much time and space in the midfield it was unreal and it wasn't until the second half that he remedied that.

I'm happy to give him time but he can't keep being so negative

2 hours ago, Imre Varadi's Conker said:

I watched the match, Birmingham have some really good, hungry players. That's the difference, not the manager. 

AND the tactics,played 442....and told his players to put plenty of balls into the box..   result=2 headed goals..

• Like 1

I just can't see how Moore can be blamed in any shape or form. The amount of injuries we have is unbelievable. The squad and shape of the team has to change every single week due to injuries. Granted some of the substitutions have been a little suspect but overall he cannot be blamed.

If you look at the games thus far we've actually been far more competitive.

- Rotherham: Freak goal and heroic goalkeeping. 
- Reading: We looked comfortable until the sending off. Lees also hit the crossbar.
- Norwich: Good first half but our fitness is a concern. Norwich have picked off teams left right and centre recently.
- Huddersfield: We could have gone for it more but we were ahead and had a stonewall penalty not given. If we'd have been 2-0 up most would have said fantastic game management. Thin lines between success and failure.

You couple this with the injury situation, the sheer amount of players out of contract and it would be harsh to blame him. He's trying different things to get a reaction and is trying to keep us in games. Let's not judge a guy who has inherited an absolute terrible situation of which he's trying to remedy on the fly without a consistent team. Any club with the injuries, out of contract players and instability we have would be struggling. This is not Moore's fault irrespective of some suspect decisions.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

I just can't see how Moore can be blamed in any shape or form. The amount of injuries we have is unbelievable. The squad and shape of the team has to change every single week due to injuries. Granted some of the substitutions have been a little suspect but overall he cannot be blamed.

- Reading: We looked comfortable until the sending off. Lees also hit the crossbar.
- Norwich: Good first half but our fitness is a concern. Norwich have picked off teams left right and centre recently.
- Huddersfield: We could have gone for it more but we were ahead and had a stonewall penalty not given. If we'd have been 2-0 up most would have said fantastic game management. Thin lines between success and failure.

You couple this with the injury situation, the sheer amount of players out of contract and it would be harsh to blame him. He's trying different things to get a reaction and is trying to keep us in games. Let's not judge a guy who has inherited an absolute terrible situation of which he's trying to remedy on the fly without a consistent team. Any club with the injuries, out of contract players and instability we have would be struggling. This is not Moore's fault irrespective of some suspect decisions.

IF.....

Just now, parajack said:

IF.....

You're comparing Apples with Oranges. Birmingham have a largely fully fit squad, far more stability (currently) and aren't seeing the staff turnaround we will be seeing in 3 months time. It's not a fair comparison at all. 

Guest Jack the Hat

To be fair to the OP the only things we can judge Moore on so far are team selection and game management (subs in particular). So far he has been poor in both, in particular the game management. We started off with Rhodes and Windass upfront and ended up with Patterson and Kachunga. Enough said.

Can’t be blaming managers again and again. We’re on our 4th of the season and they all had around 10 games each. None have strung together results that would be keeping us up. 

The biggest factor for this season is recruitment. This isn’t a dig at Monk, because I can’t imagine how difficult it is to get players to sign up to a club on -12. So the blame is with Chansiri for putting a manager in a position where he can’t recruit properly.

The squad just isn’t good enough. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

You're comparing Apples with Oranges. Birmingham have a largely fully fit squad, far more stability (currently) and aren't seeing the staff turnaround we will be seeing in 3 months time. It's not a fair comparison at all. 

Fair? its a perfectly fair comparison,they are a struggling Championship Club,a couple of places above us,who have just parted with their manager,and had a points deduction last season...I cant think of a Club in the division that would be a 'fairer' comparison against..

Guest Jack the Hat
8 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

After he hooked Rhodes and Windass we were not going to score. There was no one in the box for the large part after that. Therefore if they equalise - which they did, we can't go on and win the games AFTER those substitutions. A point of obviousness which played out to its inevitable conclusion yet again.