Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

8 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The importance of staying up is financial and being able to attract decent players if we had the wit to do it. Agents are very reluctant to allow their clients to go to a third division club and DC should have had someone lined up with a record to keep us up once it was not working with TP. We needed to stay up. 

Talking about DC seeing the need somebody to rebuild in Division 3 overlooks how difficult times are going to be next season once relegated.

Even a guy as manager who could have seen that beating Rotherham was  more important than introducing a new system with playing out from the back might have saved us. Tinkering with systems over the last five crucial games was not clever. I know he needed time to see the players but radically new systems of personal preference should have verboten
DM may well turn out well in the long  run , but the performances vs Rotherham and Huddersfield were awful. 

I agree, but that chance was lost, when we decided not to address the imbalance in the squad in January By doing nothing, in my opinion, we sealed our fate. Yes it will be extremely difficult to make an immediate return, and of course, the longer we stay in that division, the harder it becomes to get out. At least in the direction we would prefer

Edited by gurujuan

Let's face it...if Barnsley can get into the top six playing like that there's no reason we can't because matched them and played some football too...having attacking intent was a big step forward for us and the team actually looked as though they knew what their jobs were lol

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Now that would be silly

a bit like starting this thread 

Enjoy the win 

Your only jealous Ive sussed out Moore before you 😉

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Enjoy the win 

Your only jealous Ive sussed out Moore before you 😉

Thats the thing , I prefer to judge a manager when he has had a reasonable time not 2 weeks with a squad devoid of ideas and substance. 
If we do go down which will not be Moore’s fault he is probably what we need to rebuild the squad 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Thats the thing , I prefer to judge a manager when he has had a reasonable time not 2 weeks with a squad devoid of ideas and substance. 
If we do go down which will not be Moore’s fault he is probably what we need to rebuild the squad 

Good for you 

Enjoy the win 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I agree, but that chance was lost, when we decided not to address the imbalance in the squad in January By doing nothing, in my opinion, we sealed our fate. Yes it will be extremely difficult to make an immediate return, and of course, the longer we stay in that division, the harder it becomes to get out. At least in the direction we would prefer

You can take that to the close season, not going into the season without a bone fide striker was so bizarre, still can't wrap my head round it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Good for you 

Enjoy the win 

I think we all enjoyed the win tbf and also how we played, closing down, getting crosses in, attacking and more importantly not folding in the second half by retreating and inviting on and no multi subs on 60 minutes.

Their goal was a deflection, they happen and nobodies fault and would they have scored otherwise, doubt it and looking at their recent run of form makes the win even more creditable.

Everyone put a full shift in yesterday as though they cared, even Reach's pointing, you could tell he meant it 🙊.

Look at the dross managers we've had over the last few years and to start to criticise Moore after 2 weeks is not really warranted imo.

I guess I'm saying, give the lad a chance and that looks like in L1 and credit when it's due, time will tell.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, horny owl said:

It does seem to have taken Moore too long to suss out how to get the best out of this bunch of losers

Im not a fan of his because of this but let’s see what he can do in league one now

So they are a bunch of losers but it is his fault for not getting the best out of them until his 5th game in charge?

We should have beat Rotherham, players let him down with awful decision making rather than his tactics. We were on even terms with top 6 Reading until Borner made a ludicrous decision. The general consensus was that Norwich would batter us regardless of who was manager or what formation we played. The Huddersfield performance was a huge disappointment and criticism of Moore on that was justified but we have just beaten an in-form top 6 side. 

Give the guy a chance, the club should have given him more of a chance by moving to appoint him in January if they felt he was a good option. 

It's the logic that the same fans who say that the players aren't good enough or fit to wear the shirt, who then criticise a manager who has been in charge 2 mins for losing which I just can't get my head around. 

Surely then it's the players are good enough to stay up, and so it is Moore's fault, or they aren't good enough so how can you pin blame on the manager? 

You can't say with any certainty if he is good enough or not yet. Did really well with Doncaster, and his record was decent for WBA, so willing to give him time to prove himself.

Just stinks of immediate gratification generation, look at me and something to drag back up to say I told you so if Moore doesn't succeed. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, markowl said:

You sound disappointed.

How strange.

Im very happy Thankyou 

I'm not suddenly gonna jump on the Moore bandwagon after one decent performance 

1 minute ago, Sticky Micky said:

Im very happy Thankyou 

But you were quick enough to jump on his perceived poor performance?

That's very weird.

20 days. I cannot believe a manager can not suss his players out in 20 days.

His first few matches he will have taken advice from Thompson.

However like you say it's 5 matches, we'll double that to 10 days.

Match day plus preparation day.

Then because matches come thick and fast some days off, possibly 3 minimum.

7 days to work with the players and try and work out their strengths and weaknesses.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Im very happy Thankyou 

Having already jumped on the "he isn't good enough" bandwagon after two games...