1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would we??

The squad is out of contract

We have a six point deduction

We are in the bottom three

Our players will have already got new clubs lined up

Etx etc etc etc

These issues don’t go away just because you bring a new manager in

why? wages? pride? wanting  the best for the Club,and its loyal fan base? people without which,you wouldnt have a job? old fashioned? old school view??   i dont care,,,approx Quote(not word perfect) i was the luckiest man in the world,i was being PAID to play football...Denis Law(sic)

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

I personally think it's right to question Moore's tactics & substitutions, however the bigger picture says: 

Monk - Poor performances & results, manager sacked.

Pulis - Even worse performances & results, Pulis admits that the players aren't responding to him & gets sacked.

Thompson - Initial improvement then the same level of performance as before.

Moore - Despite positivity at his appointment there's no improvement whatsoever.

One common denominator, a spineless bunch of so called professional footballers with no pride, team ethic or sense of responsibility towards the club & it's supporters.

Every single one of them can go for me. If & when we're allowed back into Hillsborough next session I don't want to see any of them wearing my teams shirt.

Another common denominator; we have no idea how to select a decent manager for this club and help him perform
(Pulis has a reasonable record but he wrote off these players because he thought he would be allowed to bring in 4-5 players in January window. ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We can’t rip into every single managers record who comes to the club ffs

Given all the prevailing circumstances around this cesspit of a club recently, you have to wonder what kind of record some of these people would consider acceptable. And you only have to look across the city in the last few seasons to see how quickly (and randomly) things can reverse direction.

We're about to be a League One club with monumental debts, not even half a squad under contract, less funding than a tramp that's just been mugged and overseen by a board whose ratio of spending to results is somehow even worse than that of the players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

The new manager at Doncaster has more wins than Moore had in his last 4/5 games there and there fans where glad to see the back of him 

Backing a losing horse I'm afraid 

I don’t know about fans being glad to see the back of him although there was that DRFC supporter on here whose parents used to run Wise Old Owls who said he never had a Plan B and picked players out of position. 

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’m astounded already at some Of the bizarre tactical changes Moore is making already. 

We get it - the players are crap, not good enough whatever - that’s a given. But going 1-0 up and making wholesale changes is absolute lunacy. We aren’t chasing the game, we break up the dynamic in the team and we go and concede - is it any wonder?

Rhodes had Keogh on toast tonight and gets dragged off - our two strikers that look like can score a flipping goal don’t finish the game. And that’s why we have to watch out last golden chance fall to Paterson who is towing a caravan to get to the ball. 

How do we expect to even score when there are no goalscorers - and I use that term loosely, on the pitch?! 

Weird - whatever anyone says about the ability of the team, we lost that game by the changes we made.

Playing Paterson as solo striker upfront for his first two matches really surprised me, and moving Windass to the left flank. How can we score goals if our main striker is not picked and , as tonight,  taken off too early?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

...who said he never had a Plan B and picked players out of position. 

Has there EVER been a manager that has not repeatedly been accused of both of those things?

And addressing one of those elements - the team currently strolling to the Premier League title and still in the running for 4 major trophies are constantly rotating players in and out or moving them around different positions. So far as I know, that mob adrift on the bottom have been very consistent in where they line up their players, so that's a moral victory for them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Given all the prevailing circumstances around this cesspit of a club recently, you have to wonder what kind of record some of these people would consider acceptable. And you only have to look across the city in the last few seasons to see how quickly (and randomly) things can reverse direction.

We're about to be a League One club with monumental debts, not even half a squad under contract, less funding than a tramp that's just been mugged and overseen by a board whose ratio of spending to results is somehow even worse than that of the players.

A season of battling against Shrewsbury and Burton to stay in the league then.

Does he make some strange decisions?

They all do.

Pulis played Van Aken at full back.

Monk thought Reach was a centre forward

Jos made Dawson number one. 

Carlos stuck Lee in for 80 minutes on his return from months out injured without so much as a practise match.

Moore will too. 

Remember Bruce who was backed in the loan market  (and who had a far better squad to work with than this one) saying it would take "3 or 4 windows"?

Moore has just walked in the door. No transfers. No loans, to a weak squad, with all the confidence of a jilted groom. 

Is he the right man? 

Who knows. 

I don't think we can know after 4 games to be honest.

• Like 2

Just listened to his interview. Really annoyed with local journalists. When he says “we want to win games and go after teams” why didn’t Adam Oxley  then ask him why did he play one up front, take off the two most likely goal scorers and why did he think it a good idea to sit back and defend a 1-0 lead when we have failed to do this successfully all season.

Every interview so far and DM sounds clueless and delusional.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I was going to criticise DM it would be around his decision to take the job.......

I feel like consecutive managers are being either -

a) Suckered in by the owner.

b) Totally underestimating the enormity of the task.

c) Considerably overestimating their own ability.

or

d) A combination of all three.

One thing is certain, nobody even starts to put some polish on this turd over night.....

• Like 2

We can’t replace the Chairman anytime soon unless he sells up or decides to pull the plug by his own accord, so speculating on what he may do in the future even when it comes to continuing to run the club is pointless.

What we can debate is how we go forward on the pitch.

Now unsurprisingly 1 point from his first 12 available has got some questioning Moore’s appointment. The fact that he’s carried on with team selections and substitutions in the same way as Monk and Pulis makes this understandable.

IMO he was brought in for our inevitable rebuild in League 1. He has a good reputation in the game particularly when it comes to improving young players. This probably will be and has to be the way forward. Totally expecting the Academy to be revamped under Moore’s influence. WBA has one of the best academies around when he was there. It’d be silly not to let Moore have an input into sorting out what has been an massive problem at S6 for too long.

Now on to the players. I think in hindsight one of the reasons several managers have struggled over the last 4 years with this group is that ultimately apart from the obvious is that they are one paced and uncomfortable in possession. We lack pace and a physical presence. Ask yourself how many times in the last four seasons when we’ve actually put a team consistently under pressure in a match (apart from ourselves 😂) and you would have to say hardly ever. The only time we’ve ever really scored goals is when we could call on the individual brilliance of FF and Joao or the proven finishing qualities of Hooper and Fletcher. You swap them for what we’ve got now and our deficiencies in other areas of the team are there for all to see.

We literally have to start from scratch and because of this we could be looking at several years in League 1 or even League 2? Staying up next season will more likely be the goal than challenging for promotion?

The picture is bleak at the moment but not turning over the squad consistently is one of the factors to blame and you probably have to lay that blame at the Chairman’s door. By not doing this we have a group of players who are too comfortable and lost their competitive edge. Therefore this is perhaps one of the reasons we struggle to hold on to leads or win points from losing situations?

I think Moore will do a good job if he’s allowed a free reign from the Chairman and time from us. The sad thing is he’ll probably get neither. Because of this relegation to the fourth tier of English football for the first time in our history is sadly inevitable?

• Like 1

I’ve seen a few threads and comments of people claiming Moore is clueless, not good enough, another poor appointment, whilst I agree nobody is above being criticised, where appropriate. However, given this is not his squad, the squad has been poor all season, he clearly doesn’t know his best 11 (if we have such a thing) and only played 4 games under him, then I think it’s complete moronic to turn on him yet. 

let’s try and give the guy a chance eh!

my other point is, could this be the quickest that the miserable section of our support turn on a manager?