Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

Guest Andy W
21 hours ago, JumboRex said:

Christ give the guy a chance will you.. hardly his fault that he has this group of morons to try and keep us up with 

Not his fault so far...this bunch of players are truly dreadful league 2 standard at best should be ashamed of themselves but wont be, can't possibly hack it in this division

8 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

I’m on about his managerial career to date. WTF you on about? 

What structure and ethos is that exactly or is that just another garbage strap line that means nothing?

I’ve not been scathing about Moore, far from it. I said on numerous occasions that non of this is his fault but I don’t see the reason for the blind optimism given his managerial record. 

I'm not sure if we've crossed wires but you may have to explain what about his managerial career to date you have a problem with. He almost saved WBA from PL relegation, got sacked from WBA when they were 4th in the championship. He's seen Donnie in or around the playoffs for two seasons on the spin.

He brings young lads through and developed a system that worked for them.

I'm at a loss with the negativity.

Has SWFC just sucked any optimism from all of us

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I'm not sure if we've crossed wires but you may have to explain what about his managerial career to date you have a problem with. He almost saved WBA from PL relegation, got sacked from WBA when they were 4th in the championship. He's seen Donnie in or around the playoffs for two seasons on the spin.

He brings young lads through and developed a system that worked for them.

I'm at a loss with the negativity.

Has SWFC just sucked any optimism from all of us

Do you know what mate, let’s agree to disagree.

I think he has a very average managerial record and was a bizarre appointment but only time will tell who’s right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

I think he has a very average managerial record and was a bizarre appointment but only time will tell who’s right. 

Fair enough.

I'm just not sure why people think we deserve or are capable of anything more than average at the moment.

10 minutes ago, SDS Owl said:

On a points per game basis (for what any of that is worth), his career so far averages out at 72 points per season, usually good enough to be in the playoffs. Given our recent history, impending relegation, parlous finances and the shambolic state of just about every department of the club, what kind of record were you expecting?

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

That completely ignores the outrageous cowardice of the first leg when we didn't even pretend to try and win. According to the BBC we had only 3 shots on target in 210 minutes of those games, with just 13 attempts compared to 27 by Huddersfield.

Injury crisis? Looking at the line up, the only player with more than 15 league starts that was missing was Gary Hooper. Also, given the unprecedented amounts spent on that squad, how could we become so weakened by just two injuries during the game?

I agree we should have been more positive in that first leg.

But in addition to Wallace and Fletcher going off injured, Forestieri, Hutchinson and Lee clearly weren’t at 100%.

Like we benefited from a Brighton injury crisis the season before, Huddersfield benefited from a Wednesday one.

Moore got sacked at Westbrom when they was 4th because they should have been top 2 with that squad easily 

Left Doncaster for us after losing 4/5 games in a row 

Lack goals at Wednesday, so Moore knows what he should do 

Play one striker upfront on his own. 

Then is happy with getting a point against Huddersfield. 

Happy with a point when we are now behind by 9.

Don't know how he has managed it but we've got worse 

I laugh at people saying he should have the chance next season when it shows he is just another muppet DC has appointed 

Onto the next one chansey 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

On a points per game basis (for what any of that is worth), his career so far averages out at 72 points per season, usually good enough to be in the playoffs. Given our recent history, impending relegation, parlous finances and the shambolic state of just about every department of the club, what kind of record were you expecting?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. 

Expecting? I was expecting to be underwhelmed given Chansiri was appointing the manager and he didn’t disappoint for once. 

Great quote from Mourinho tonight thought he was speaking about our lot.

"I feel sorry that my team is the team that didn't bring to the game not just the basics of football but the basics of life, which is to respect our jobs and to give everything".

That's probably what Moore would have liked to have said but daren't.

Other than being positive in the face of certain doom there hasn’t been much to praise Moore for. But likewise it’s too early to judge given that he has been given a burnt husk of a team to work with, both physically and mentally.

Id go as far as to say it would be wrong to not give him a go after he took a chance coming here. Likewise I also think that unless it’s a complete car crash next season we need to stick with someone, whoever they are. At least Moore seems quite likeable and in the fullness of time should get us playing attacking football.

10 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

WTF are you on about?

He left a job where they have a good chance of passing us in the league and built a structure and ethos that worked.

It's a bit disrespectful to write off the success he's had at Donnie.considering they are so aggrieved he left.

Were people as scathing about Bruce who did fuckall everywhere he's been?

I think too many of our fans have expectations exceeding our station.

There's a stucture in place at donny which DM won't get here, just more s h i t freebies ,last minute. 

It’s difficult to be objective on here but I’m going to have a go on this subject.

Moore is arguably a manager on an upward trajectory and has had the bottle to take on one of the toughest gigs in the EFL.

His decision to accept the managers job at S6 will definitely make him as a manager or leave him on the managerial scrap heap as a lot of his recent predecessors.

I think a lot of Fans wanted him to change things straight away and call out the under performing players. As we’ve quickly realised this isn’t his style and let’s be honest even if it was, there’s no guarantees it would be a successful approach for him.

His style of management is to encourage, cajole and improve players and also to encourage that we’re all in it together, which in all fairness we are. We’re undoubtedly stronger together than apart.

I and others have covered in previous posts why it’s proving difficult to get a tune out of this squad of players but if players like Sam Hutchinson think that Moore’s the man for this job then that’s good enough for me.

I think youth is the way forward

long term and I think this is the approach Moore and his staff will take. I’d like to see him get a significant amount of time to put solid foundations in place that are desperately needed.

Only time will tell obviously but I’ve got faith in Moore to do the job that’s required here. If some others haven’t then that’s fair enough but we need to change something because we’ve floundered aimlessly for far too long.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

There's a stucture in place at donny which DM won't get here, just more s h i t freebies ,last minute. 

Not at the moment no, but it may well happen and when it does it's going to take time. 

In my view, for every season we've floundered, flogging a dead horse since playoff failure it's set us back a season and a half.

That means fans are going to have to be patient. 

When Bruce arrived he said it would take at least four transfer windows to sort out this mess. I think that has likely doubled at this point with the massive rebuild now on the cards.

This football club is with the dead men - to be having a pop at Moore after three games with a basket case squad really does deflect from the person who deserves all of the unwavering criticism.

The job is a poisoned chalice - I think the relegation was inevitable this season when Moore took the hot seat. The appointment of Moore did not strike me as a save our season job, but with a view to a long term rebuild from next season.

The club needs to grab as much pride as it can in its remaining games but the big test for Moore starts with the rebuild next season. He doesn’t have the tight knit infrastructure here as he did at Donny and he needs to orchestrate the clubs return.

but what other options were available? Aside from Cook it is a limited pool of managers with iffy records. Moore is very much on the up in his managerial career with a clear vision of how he wants to play & the type of players to execute it - that in itself is something we have not seen in any of DC’s previous appointments.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

This football club is with the dead men - to be having a pop at Moore after three games with a basket case squad really does deflect from the person who deserves all of the unwavering criticism.

The job is a poisoned chalice - I think the relegation was inevitable this season when Moore took the hot seat. The appointment of Moore did not strike me as a save our season job, but with a view to a long term rebuild from next season.

The club needs to grab as much pride as it can in its remaining games but the big test for Moore starts with the rebuild next season. He doesn’t have the tight knit infrastructure here as he did at Donny and he needs to orchestrate the clubs return.

but what other options were available? Aside from Cook it is a limited pool of managers with iffy records. Moore is very much on the up in his managerial career with a clear vision of how he wants to play & the type of players to execute it - that in itself is something we have not seen in any of DC’s previous appointments.

Yes I agree, if this is foresight, and forward planning from the chairman, kudos to him, it’s about time. No matter whom we brought in, at the time Moore was appointed, they were unlikely to reverse the slide Probably our best chance of doing that, was stick with Thompson, but even then, the odds were stacked against us avoiding the drop. If DC saw, like most of us, that the squad was unbalanced, and therefore not competitive at this level, and he needed to identify someone who could rebuild us in League One, then to appoint him early to assess what needed to be done, was the smart move

9 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Moore saying the players are going all out and that we have leaders all over the pitch. Can’t agree with either of those things, especially the players going all out on the pitch. 

It's irrelevant what Moore says this season - 100% irrelevant 
It's all just press talk and will always be as positive as he can possibly be

Anyone expecting anything else is just user error

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop