Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

Just now, Lionel Fessi said:

We could lose all our remaining matches 4-0 and I still wouldn’t blame DM.

He’s been brought in with the goal of being able to rebuild the squad and cement a proper philosophy long term whilst in L1. 

We had our chance to bring in a dog like Pulis to try and claw our survival in December, which we did and it didn’t work. In fact it was a complete disaster.

Monk, Pulis and now DM all failed with the exact same group of players, it’s simply not a coincidence.  

This

37 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

It is Moore fault playing Reach, despite the fact he looks so disinterested. That is poor management straight off the back.

This....Reach was a passenger on Sunday and offered nothing again tonight except neshing a decent chance at the end.

Yet he stays on for the whole game while Moore takes players off who are doing well in Rhodes and Windass. Mindblowing!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, markg said:

I’m sick of blaming managers.

We have had god knows how many this season.

clearly the players are on their hols. What does anyone except Moore to do? 

We know the players are crap..spineless etc...but if nobody can get a tune out of them wotsoever the point in all the expense of sacking managers employing managers etc?

Guest Therealrealist
28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would we??

The squad is out of contract

We have a six point deduction

We are in the bottom three

Our players will have already got new clubs lined up

Etx etc etc etc

These issues don’t go away just because you bring a new manager in

Suppose all the Birmingham players are under contract for years then? No they arnt

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

We know the players are crap..spineless etc...but if nobody can get a tune out of them wotsoever the point in all the expense of sacking managers employing managers etc?

There probably wasn't, but he had to try something. I think that knowing everything that has gone before and questioning the new manager after 4 games is crazy

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, markg said:

There probably wasn't, but he had to try something. I think that knowing everything that has gone before and questioning the new manager after 4 games is crazy

Just now, markg said:

He’s like a Sunday league manager...Rotherham game lobbin about 6 strikers on near the end...and tonight just puttin all the subs on..cus they’ve paid their subs and their parents want 5hem to have some minutesgarymegson

1 hour ago, deano said:

A quote from Chansiri before appointing Moore. 

The appointment was made to try and keep us up, hence Chansiris emphasis on its significance.

As we are going down, the new manager hasn't won a single game, taking one point with some favourable fixtures, nothing we can say this was yet another terrible decision by Chansiri. 

The fault being leaving it too late. Would probably have been too late for Alf Ramsey to do anything about ut.

1 hour ago, Dylan93 said:

Doesn’t matter what manager we get. The players are awful. We don’t have one player that could play in a top 10 team. We’ll get a better verdict on him next year. I want to know what Monk was thinking when he signed Paterson, Windass and endless centre backs without covering left back. Just not good enough

Errr  who do you think has been scoring our goals??  people blaming GM....been what,2 managers and a stand in since he left,and its STILL GM unreal.....was it GM playing out,with a lone striker? example Brum play 442 bang loads of balls into the box,and win with 2 headed goals...

1 hour ago, ozzieowl said:

Moore has had zero impact as a new manager bounce. 
More than likely cos it’s the players.

They just aren’t good enough. 
Totally lacklustre, disinterested, weak, slow and clueless. 
4 managers this season can’t do anything with them. 
Good riddance to most. 

Really? is it only that? what about tactics?  team selection? substitutions? you wouldn't do anything different to DM? really?  taking off two strikers.....did we try to push on and win,this 'must win' game? cos i dont think we did

52 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Must have kept the players in the dressing room a long time tonight, I don’t think he’s spoken to the media yet? 

He's just come out with this...seems happy with a draw :duntmatter:

Sheffield Wednesday manager Darren Moore told BBC Radio Sheffield:

"I said to the boys 'if you're not going to win the game you make sure you don't lose the game', and we've done that".

• Haha 4

I really really hate to say this because I am desperate for Moore to succeed , as I have been with every other manager over the years . But then I’ve just listened to his post-match interview , and that’s made me reflect on his previous interviews and they’re all so miserably underwhelming ! I hoped he’d be the great motivator we needed to get something out of the miserable bunch of players we’ve got in the crucial last few games of the season  , but he just doesn’t inspire any confidence at all . This is NOT a call for a change ; I’m past that , but it just seems we’re resigned to going down without a fight 

I’m desperate for Moore to be a truly great appointment .............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Birmingham have a better squad than us

When Moore looks at the subs bench what is he looking at?? Absolutely no quality at all, nothing to change the game

A lot of these players, especially the out of contract ones have downed tools. They know they aren’t going to be here next season and just don’t care. That is the issue that Moore is up against

And they played to the squads strengths,with a 442 system the players know,and are familiar with.Result? plenty of crosses into the box,and a 2-0 win by  Brum with headed goals......but we play a lone striker,and play out from the back..MMmmmm  But no critique of DM? 

People didn't give TP this slack,and GM is still getting blamed by some FFS!!

We’ve had 75 000 managers this season. None of them have managed to transform us into Ajax 1973. 

Give the bloke a chance.

Give the players pelters if you like. They are all overpaid and underwhelming. But let’s give a manager a year or two to turn this poo heap into something beautiful 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

If you are one of the fans looking to slate the new manager already then you’re a fool

A fool who is being played

Big time 

Look at the real issue here for once 

You can you know 

It’s not wrong to acknowledge that the real issue is further up the pecking order 

Slate? loaded language mate TBH There were enough points to play for when DM arrived,to remain a Championship side(arguably still are) Fans have a right to critique his team selection,tactics and subs,if they feel he has it wrong(i do,so do some others)..YES its 4 games,but at this point of the season,in a relegation dogfight,they were all crucial..

We should have set up in my view with a system that had shown some results,and one which the team understood,....not tried to play a new system which requires the players to play with confidence,and retain possession and play out from the back,with only a lone striker...(and what point when many/all wont even be here next season??)

Placing banana skins under players already suspect and prone to mistakes...Q choice of subs,are i feel legitimate  critique of our manager,at this point of the season...

We have multiple threads about our Chairman and the player's...Does anyone here on this forum/thread feel that the managers current tactics and lone striker are working? Are the right thing to do at this point in our season?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

As the season comes to an end the out of contract players will put even less effort in.

No point getting injured and making yourself unemployed.

Agents will be working and finding new clubs.

I will question Moore on why he think a defence  that lacks technique, composure and passing ability can pass it around at the back but then again he doesn't have the players to go more direct.

A combination of a poor pool of players that lack synergy.

Thanks those in charge of the wonderfully thought out plan on squad structure.

But he does have the players to go direct,just not with a lone striker....Reach on the left,Harris right and either Windass,JR, or Patterson 2 up front...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I don't think we've seen a game plan for over 18 months. I can only assume that our players don't have the intelligence or concentration to take in & carry out a game plan for 90 minutes.

If Moore tries to keep as many of the current squad as he can next season things aren't going to improve.

People keep saying its the players(it is,) but the next breath its lets sign......really? why? if they are not good enough why on earth sign or offer new contracts/ yet BB has one,Reach & TL have been offered,WW and SH to be decided........

• Like 1