Allowed to criticise Moore yet?

On 17/03/2021 at 21:46, WBridgfordowl said:

When he took the job, his brief must have been to keep us up. He perhaps believed he could, who knows. But he’s failed and I just can’t see him being here next season. That said, who on earth would want to come and replace him

Absolute shambles 

Dave Jones !!

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Only Wednesday fan's could be calling for the manager to be changed after 3 game's.

Yes because our idiot chairman is too dense to choose the right one. 

Its the chairman we really want changed & all his "advisors".

Only then will things improve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Moore saying the players are going all out and that we have leaders all over the pitch. Can’t agree with either of those things, especially the players going all out on the pitch. 

How can you not understand that’s simple PR? This has been the way of things since the dawn of time. 

13 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

So who is the right one? 

We tried CC who was a wildcard 

We tried Monk who had championship experience and failed 

We tried Pulis who had a decorative CV in this league and above, and failed 

Now we’re trying Moore who is young with potential and a good win % in league 1 

We watch these players every game and know their weaknesses. With all that considered, how are we missing out on appointing this ‘right manager’, and what does that look like? 

We can’t go long

we can’t play it through the middle 

we can’t play it through the channels 

we can’t play out the back 

we’ve tried multiple formations and tactics, yet get the same results with this group of players 

So how exactly is it the managers fault at this point? 

What else is there left to exhaust? 

Has the "but it took Alex Ferguson 4 years at Man Utd" line been rolled out yet?

Struggle to see how anyone at this time can be anything but indifferent to the appointment of Moore. That doesn't mean he shouldn't have a chance but given his record, his start and his chairman he is as likely not to be the manager at Christmas as still in place.

23 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

We tried a foreign flair coach who bottled it once it got tough and left an unfit squad.

We tried a second foreign coach who was a bit of a disciplinarian but the players didn't like his harsh words.

We've tried an established manager who legged it as soon as a better offer came.

We then tried another disciplinarian who had experience of getting teams out of tight spots. But the player didn't like hearing the truth.

We then threw the kids coach in for a few months who knew everyone and still couldn't get the ******** to fight.

We then get a dinosaur, a disciplinarian who doesn't play football but expected lightweight midgets to pick long balls out of orbit.

We then threw the kids coach in for a few months who knew everyone and still couldn't get the ******** to fight.

We now have DM. He's barely warmed his seat up and he can't get the ******** to fight either.

Do you really thing there is such a thing as a manager who fits our basket case squad? You'd have more luck selling unicorn poo on the internet.🤣

If a necromancer rezzed Bill Shankly and put him in charge, even he couldn't save this squad.

I know I keep asking this, but why are we so incredibly bad?

3 minutes ago, FightLikeAGirl said:

I know I keep asking this, but why are we so incredibly bad?

There is an air of naivety around this club, it seems part of our culture here.

It appears we are too nice on and off the pitch.

Too nice to make difficult but necessary decisions.

We don't have a ruthless streak that most other clubs have, but we do like to roll over to have our tummies tickled.

There's only so much room for honour, sometimes you have to get in and get dirty and nasty with shithousery that all other clubs seem to do against us.

I want to see jugulars being ripped out of the opposition when we're on top and smell their weaknesses.

Basically, I want a bloodbath...... .....

Erm... It appears the last few seasons have had an adverse effect on my psyche. I think I need a stiff drink and a lay down.

2 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

And who, in your opinion, is the right one?.

The "Right one" to guarantee success.

31 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Anybody seen Sticky Mickey ?

Yes, replied on another thread well done to Moore 

I'm making the plans to build a statue now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/03/2021 at 09:56, gurujuan said:

Yes I agree, if this is foresight, and forward planning from the chairman, kudos to him, it’s about time. No matter whom we brought in, at the time Moore was appointed, they were unlikely to reverse the slide Probably our best chance of doing that, was stick with Thompson, but even then, the odds were stacked against us avoiding the drop. If DC saw, like most of us, that the squad was unbalanced, and therefore not competitive at this level, and he needed to identify someone who could rebuild us in League One, then to appoint him early to assess what needed to be done, was the smart move

The importance of staying up is financial and being able to attract decent players if we had the wit to do it. Agents are very reluctant to allow their clients to go to a third division club and DC should have had someone lined up with a record to keep us up once it was not working with TP. We needed to stay up. 

Talking about DC seeing the need somebody to rebuild in Division 3 overlooks how difficult times are going to be next season once relegated.

Even a guy as manager who could have seen that beating Rotherham was  more important than introducing a new system with playing out from the back might have saved us. Tinkering with systems over the last five crucial games was not clever. I know he needed time to see the players but radically new systems of personal preference should have verboten
DM may well turn out well in the long  run , but the performances vs Rotherham and Huddersfield were awful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1