STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

20 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

^^^^^^ This

I don't believe that he was high fiving Grabban at all, but his reaction should have been one of anger and frustration, not laughing and joking. 

To be honest though, he just sums up the apathy that is clearly embedded in this squad of players.

Nailed it.  I was watching our players passion last night and there’s nothing there really.  This has happened many times before when a club is on a downward spiral, generally relegation to league 1 and a player clear out is the only way to reset and start again.  Rotten is the best word I would use to describe the club now. 

• Like 1

He’s a limited player and the high five was poor judgement.

But this season, I think you could make a case for him trying as hard or harder than anyone else. Granted, given his limits, this doesn’t give you that much. But I think it’s unfair to question his commitment.

I get why it’s tempting given how awful the club and team are at the moment, but the anger should be directed at the chairman

• Thanks 1

It's a testament to how toxic the relationship is now between fan club, that we are fully prepared to believe that one of our players has deliberately and consciously high fived the goal scorer of the opposite team.

Moses has given his explanation,  and I believe it..far more rational than believing he high fived Grabban for scoring. 

The video posted earlier shows a foul, which no other player appeals for. Grabban applies the finish, then holds his hands up in an almost conciliatory way, and Moses taps them on his way past. Grabbans team mates then celebrate the goal with him. 

And in the almost 'friendly' feel of the game without supporters, and Moses' perhaps less than aggressive nature, and the case is closed.

Can't help feeling if it was a fan favourite like Bannan who had done this,  the benefit if the doubt would be given readily. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Am I alone in feeling total astonishment after seeing one of our players smiling and hi fiving the oppositions goal scorer while his team mate is laid out from scorers tackle moments before.

If there was ever one moment that sums up what is completely wrong with swfc atm it is this. 

I don;t even blame our player. It was a natural reaction that was honest and showed what the current team really feels about playing for our club. We can discuss all day long what is right and wrong at hillsborough. But nothing as ever shown me so clearly why we are in the current position.

The players dont care enough. Simple. Its now so obvious. This is why we at the bottom of the league. 

I dont want our player hung out to dry over this as I actually feel grateful to him for being honest. 

Until this attitude changes we going nowhere but down.

How do you get millionaire players to actually give two shats about our club I dont know. But for me this is why we are so pathetic

Bet you feel a bit silly now after reading his statement clearly explaining his reaction.

8 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

Looking at that video, there is no ‘high 5 ‘ .

MO just sticks his arm out to get Grabban out of the way as he goes to collect the ball out of the net and is probably just calling him a lucky b*****d as he runs in across him to his team mates.

Move on and starting calling out the real problems that have dogged this club since the play off final.

Everything but "since the playoff final" is right here. Since Chansiri took over is correct, the playoff runs just meant that most people ignored the problems that should have been setting alarm bells wailing 

• Like 1

I would understand a laugh if the game was the last of the season and we were either stuck at mid-table or in a relegation battle but other results already confirmed us being safe. In any other case, you just don't smile at goals scored against you at professional level.

Nope, not having that for 1 second. Show me footage of him raging at the ref or linesman and I'll accept it. That would back up his story. As it stands I don't think he did that. I work in a school and this explanation is setting off my bullshine detector like a Y3 kid caught stuff bog roll into a plughole with the tap running. 

• Like 1

For the reason that, if this is what it seems, it is unforgiveable, and he should not play for us again, I think we should really give him the chance of considering his explanation here 

I have to say, I believe him. 

Odubajo is not a good footballer. However, neither that, nor our frustration at the recent run, should go against him here. Crucially, he has never lacked commitment or effort. He just isn't good enough. 

I know it really looks like he is celebrating a goal against us, but we have to think, would someone REALLY do this? It has never happened anywhere in English football before. Even if he were the most selfish footballer in the world, he would know the cameras are there, and how this would look. If there had been a big argument in the game with his teammates, then, yes, maybe. If fans were there giving him a hard time, then yes, maybe. However, because these things aren't the case, surely there must be another explanation. 

And he has given that other explanation. It's far from completely satisfying - why wasn't he appealing? However, I believe his case there is helped by the fact that he is a clumsy footballer who we know on occasion can leave his brain behind. And I know it still seems hard to take in given that he appears to be celebrate, but we have to measure that against the sheer unlikelyness of him actually celebrating a goal against us. 

Odubajo has done something clumsy here, but his explanation I think is true ; he hasn't done anything malicious here.