STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

The lad actually played quite well yesterday. I'll judge him on that.

Fans getting giddy about this, falling over each other to be outraged at something that is barely even plausible as they're choosing to interpret it. Why? I'm far more concerned about the fact we lost, and unless I would've seen something in Odubajo's performance that backed up the notion of a bad attitude then I'm quite happy to accept his explanation.

We're a very average squad but one that is woefully short on firepower. So much so that we're struggling to get points and once you're on the slippery slope the confidence and resilience to adversity just evaporates rapidly.

Starting with one up top yesterday was a problem, but then awfully compounded by putting Paterson up there by himself at around 60 mins. That was on Pulis and Pulis alone. He can make out he'll act on Odubajo in order to appease the fans with pitch-forks, but his decision making was a far greater determinant for the defeat yesterday.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s not a normal occurrence otherwise it wouldn’t have blown up on social media last night.  

I'd challenge anyone to stand sideways on whilst a bloke charges you at full speed with his fists up towards you and not raise your hands to protect yourself

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's just entertainment to people who want to say how outraged they are about  something  they're not  really outraged about

I don't think you really get to tell people whether they are outraged or not about something, that's for them to decide, son.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This new fashion of Wednesday fans getting angry at Wednesday players smiling is new  and very very odd

A lot more to it than that though. As others have said, when you think you’ve been wronged, the natural reaction is to get angry. Smash him in the net or have a pop at the ref, or both.

Verdict = totally guilty, and shows how soft as sheite we are.

We’ve got a player high fiving and joking with an opposition player who has just scored past us. Shows no urgency to get the ball out of the net. Makes up a rubbish sorry excuse on social media.

And we have people defending it. When I say this fanbase is weak as ******** I’m absolutely bang on. 

lol 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We’ve got a player high fiving and joking with an opposition player who has just scored past us. Shows no urgency to get the ball out of the net. Makes up a rubbish sorry excuse on social media.

And we have people defending it. When I say this fanbase is weak as ******** I’m absolutely bang on. 

lol 

A fanbase isn't strong because it tries to bully others into faux outrage over a player trying to avoid a lethal assault by holding up his hands to protect himself, just so Mick the Derby fan doesn't post a meme on Twitter

That's not 'strong' support

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And we have people defending it. When I say this fanbase is weak as ******** I’m absolutely bang on

lol 

Are you one of the strong ones?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no difference between this Odubajo incident and George Galloway being a cat on BIg Brother

It's just entertainment to people who want to say how outraged they are about  something  they're not  really outraged about

I disagree completely. Even if your trying for bites I’ll bite...

as a fan what I WANT to see is players looking like they are taking this seriously. Even if they are I want them to show it too. I don’t want players laughing and joking with the opponents that have just put another nail in our coffin. Even if it makes no odds to the outcome or situation, I don’t want to see as a swfc fan. It comes across as if they are not that bothered. Surly you can see what I and other fans are Saying? to ME it’s just shows what  mentality we have atm. He didn’t come across upset or annoyed in the slightest last night.. and I know he might have inside.. but as a fan.. we need and want to see that! 

• Love 1

Just now, Derbyshireowl3 said:

as a fan what I WANT to see is players looking like they are taking this seriously.  

How seriously though?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how serious should Odubajo have tried to look?

What could he have done to be really serious?

Frown and kick the goalpost?

If he had done that people would have been 'Look at Odubajo look.. kicking the goalpost when he's part of this shower that's letting goals in... F OFF ODUBAJO' etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

Whether you believe him or not, he absolutely should not be laughing given our current predicament, and especially in the situation that occurred last night. It’s a poor excuse for me and I hope Pulis and the club discipline him. It’s not funny and what he did will rightly be taken badly by supporters.

Taking that incident aside he seriously needs to up his game. He looks a very average player and like many others he should be busting a gut right now. Wednesday are the biggest club he has played for and he should be feeling privileged to be at the club. This squad and folk like him are really boiling my pish at the moment.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

How seriously though?

On a scale of 1 to 10 how serious should Odubajo have tried to look?

What could he have done to be really serious?

Frown and kick the goalpost?

If he had done that people would have been 'Look at Odubajo look.. kicking the goalpost when he's part of this shower that's letting goals in... F OFF ODUBAJO' etc etc

Just not laugh and do a high five ...but not laughing thats all.