STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

Am I alone in feeling total astonishment after seeing one of our players smiling and hi fiving the oppositions goal scorer while his team mate is laid out from scorers tackle moments before.

If there was ever one moment that sums up what is completely wrong with swfc atm it is this. 

I don;t even blame our player. It was a natural reaction that was honest and showed what the current team really feels about playing for our club. We can discuss all day long what is right and wrong at hillsborough. But nothing as ever shown me so clearly why we are in the current position.

The players dont care enough. Simple. Its now so obvious. This is why we at the bottom of the league. 

I dont want our player hung out to dry over this as I actually feel grateful to him for being honest. 

Until this attitude changes we going nowhere but down.

How do you get millionaire players to actually give two shats about our club I dont know. But for me this is why we are so pathetic

• Like 1

Had a thought about this!

If he thought it was a foul, why didn't he grab hold of Grabben and have a go at him for putting the studs through his teammate?

Hes a disgrace if you ask me and the worst player in the team. 

Should never play for us again!

25 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Had a thought about this!

If he thought it was a foul, why didn't he grab hold of Grabben and have a go at him for putting the studs through his teammate?

Hes a disgrace if you ask me and the worst player in the team. 

Should never play for us again!

None of our players stick up for each other. Never appeal for anything either. So soft its untrue. 

Has  been mentioned before I think but it is so similar to the squad that megson inherited 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, markg said:

None of our players stick up for each other. Never appeal for anything either. So soft its untrue. 

Has  been mentioned before I think but it is so similar to the squad that megson inherited 

I think this squad is far worse!

Don't forget Mellor scored 20 that season!

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The loss is frustrating for myself and the team. I would never high 5 another player for scoring against us. I said to Grabban no way is that a goal because of the foul and laughed it off thinking the goal wouldn’t stand.

We’re bottom of the league. No one at the club wants relegation and there’s no chance I would celebrate a goal that keeps us at the bottom.

Out of context, videos can be misconstrued. I hope I’ve cleared it up with the fans who doubted my commitment to the team.

Fair play to him for his explanation - he’s brave enough to come out and give one even if the images appear unconvincing. 

Our problems stem much deeper than him. It’s the people at the very top of the club that ought to be explaining themselves. 

8 hours ago, Kanye West said:

So instead of complaining to the ref or going at the player who’s just nearly snapped a team-mate in half his initial reaction is to laugh and high 5?

His reaction was baffling regardless of whatever reason he did it. 

^^^^^^ This

I don't believe that he was high fiving Grabban at all, but his reaction should have been one of anger and frustration, not laughing and joking. 

To be honest though, he just sums up the apathy that is clearly embedded in this squad of players.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think it was just a split second reaction to Grabban putting his hand up as he ran past.  Obviously not a good look but with all due respect, I really don't think Moses is all that bright.

6 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think it was just a split second reaction to Grabban putting his hand up as he ran past.  Obviously not a good look but with all due respect, I really don't think Moses is all that bright.

Ye, the lad looks very simple to be fair. 

8 hours ago, sternlad said:

In any level of football it’s unacceptable, sadly no one in the Wednesday dressing room has got the necessary leadership qualities needed to sort this sort of issue out with any of the players in the team. I have known ‘leaders’ who would kick the poo out of anyone who they thought had left someone unmarked let alone celebrated with the opposition...often they wouldn’t wait until half time or full time either. I suspect many of you who have played the game also know this to be the case. 
This player is obviously a liability, didn’t he run away from the front post in our last game when defending a corner from which a goal resulted? He ought to be “binned off” from tomorrow. He clearly is a fully signed up member of the stealing a wage crew which inhabits Sheffield 6 at present.

Who are the leaders assaulting folk for not marking? 

That's the opposite of leadership. 

That's really not a great place to come from.