STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Monk laughed and had a joke with Akinfenwa after we gave Wycombe their first ever win at Championship level.

Pretty clear where that mentality displayed by Odubajo came from. 

Monk was literally laughing on his way to the bank there. Probably had his golden handshake already in his pocket.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He wouldn't though

Look at Paterson

The other day when Paterson was subbed off he saw his mate in a black jacket, then punched an empty South Stand seat really  hard to show off to his mate and impress him (the exact thing you want Odubajo to do) but all it led to what Paterson not starting, people saying he's rubbish anyway, and his mate in the black jacket quietly looking for a new friend

You actually think that’s why he didn’t start?? 

I honestly think your just posting to get a reaction pal. 

3 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

I’m on about when he high fives him, he’s practically walking past odubajo. That’s when you confront him if you’re angry.

No way on this earth did Odubajo just walk slowly past him.

It happened in a blur

Like a tenth of a second

There's not a person on here posting in this thread who wouldnt have put their hands up to protect themselves from what could have been a fatal attack (how was Odubajo to know?)

Remember that kid from leeds who ran on the pitch and nearly killed Kirkland that time?

Lives are at stake here

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Proper over reaction as usual on here. I’m more interested in his performances tbh. Not been good enough for while, and as a senior player like a few others really needs to up his game. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. 

• Like 1

Wey, It's Moses int it.

A signing we've mostly written off.

Not sure there'd be this reaction if Hutchinson or Fernando had done the same.

Perception int it.

Most folks don't rate him as a player anyroad so it's sumat to bash him with and take frustration out after another shyte wednesday performance. 

Just a focus for the anger nowt more.

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Just now, Errol Flashman said:

Wey, It's Moses int it.

A signing we've mostly written off.

Not sure there'd be this reaction if Hutchinson or Fernando had done the same.

Perception int it.

Most folks don't rate him as a player anyroad so it's sumat to bash him with and take frustration out after another shyte wednesday performance. 

Just a focus for the anger nowt more.

100%

If it was 'Westy' people would be blaming the Forest floodlights for deliberately reflecting off Westy's teeth to make it look like he was smiling

Owlstalk Shop

We have had plenty of players showing 'passion' and 'fight'.  They include Van Aken booting someone in the air, Windass booting someone in the head,  Shaw trying to remove someones leg etc etc.

Strange none of those things did us any good at all - in fact, I seem to recall the red cards that followed being relatively unhelpful.

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We have had plenty of players showing 'passion' and 'fight'.  They include Van Aken booting someone in the air, Windass booting someone in the head,  Shaw trying to remove someones leg etc etc.

Strange none of those things did us any good at all - in fact, I seem to recall the red cards that followed being relatively unhelpful.

Windass karate kicked someone in the neck

Didn't get 13 pages on Owstalk

Says it all really

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Windass karate kicked someone in the neck

Didn't get 13 pages on Owstalk

Says it all really

Because he was trying to win the ball 

He didn’t lose possession to the midfielder, smile, pat him on the back and politely move out of the way so he could get a clear attack through on goal

I bet Odubjao would do something like that lol 

• Haha 1

It epitomises everything about this squad. I get that these players might be pals outside of football. They might laugh and joke with each other, because at the end of the day this is just a job to some of these players. But there is a time and a place for all that, and it’s not during the game. We’re paying good money to watch this lot on tv right now and we want to see some fight and some effort...not low 5’s and smiles when the opposition have just scored.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It happened in a blur

Like a tenth of a second

There's not a person on here posting in this thread who wouldnt have put their hands up to protect themselves from what could have been a fatal attack (how was Odubajo to know?)

Remember that kid from leeds who ran on the pitch and nearly killed Kirkland that time?

Lives are at stake here

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It happened in a blur

Like a tenth of a second

Lives are at stake here

Think we’re getting crossed wires mate. I’m talking about when grabban walks past odubajo after scoring. Grabban is as physically threatening as a featherweight, he can have the first punch if he wants!

The point I’m making is that odubajo wasn’t laughing thinking the goal would be disallowed, he was congratulating grabban, there’s no two ways about it. Very poor attempt from him at back sliding.

Just now, GLOwl said:

Think we’re getting crossed wires mate. I’m talking about when grabban walks past odubajo after scoring. Grabban is as physically threatening as a featherweight, he can have the first punch if he wants!

The point I’m making is that odubajo wasn’t laughing thinking the goal would be disallowed, he was congratulating grabban, there’s no two ways about it. Very poor attempt from him at back sliding.

If that’s true then it’s scandalous and you have to ask why this is happening under a brand new regime 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

It epitomises everything about this squad. I get that these players might be pals outside of football. They might laugh and joke with each other, because at the end of the day this is just a job to some of these players. But there is a time and a place for all that, and it’s not during the game. We’re paying good money to watch this lot on tv right now and we want to see some fight and some effort...not low 5’s and smiles when the opposition have just scored.

This, well said.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vulva said:

Proper over reaction as usual on here. I’m more interested in his performances tbh. Not been good enough for while, and as a senior player like a few others really needs to up his game. Let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water. 

Over reaction? Fk me ....I'd hazard a guess fans at other clubs would be even worse but as usual we have fans that accept being mugged off.

• Like 2
  • Love 2