STATEMENT FROM MOSES ODUBAJO

If he genuinely believed that the goal wasn't to stand, then at that point, in his head, we are 1-0 down with 3 minutes to go and we have a free-kick.  

If that's the case, then his body language is all wrong.  Where's the urgency to get the ball, or to help his team mate out, to look behind him at the ref etc?

For me, it doesn't quite sit true.

• Like 5

Guest Bulgaria

Do folk actually believe he was happy and then purposely congratulated their goal scorer?

Give over.

He had a brain fart, not a good look, but come on.

Could odubajo do any worse here? If he’s not giving pens away he’s joking with goalscorers from the opposition.

Taking his reasoning at face value he should be fuming and going to the ref not joking with his pal.

Shows how much it hurts these players who have the easy escape in the summer 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Do folk actually believe he was happy and then purposely congratulated their goal scorer?

Give over.

No, I don’t think he means anything by it. But it shows how tone deaf he is, and sums up my perception of this squad to be honest.

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Absolutely astonishing that people are excusing this 

High five or no high five, to even be smiling and showing that sort of body language is dreadful 

Do people just not get that? 

I'm more worried about our current form than a player smiling to be fair

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm more worried about our current form than a player smiling to be fair

I think it shows how apathetic we’ve become too, where something like this doesn’t bother us 

sure the form is horrendous but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care about this also.

Think the fact it’s all over the news and you’ve got opposition fans even finding it crazy, tells you all you need to know 

• Like 3

I'm very much in the camp that he isn't high fiving Grabban for scoring, I believe his explanation, no professional footballer would celebrate with the opposition - that puts him in line for match fixing charges and a lifetime ban - but I'm with the majority in that his statement is no excuse. He's sauntering for the ball, grabban is on his way and he's having a joke as he goes past him (for being in the way, not scoring, like most of us would if we bump into someone at the shops who keeps moving the same way as you do when you try to pass them). If he believes it's a foul, Where's the anger - or concern for Tom Lees - pretty much only Wildsmith appeals. Why isn't he rushing for the ball if it's a free kick? We're still losing with 2 mins to go.

I would say he's blown it with Wednesday because the desire and passion is clearly lacking, but then I'm struggling to name anyone else who shows either. 

2 hours ago, markg said:

None of our players stick up for each other. Never appeal for anything either. So soft its untrue. 

Has  been mentioned before I think but it is so similar to the squad that megson inherited 

Megson inherited a very good squad for that division, they had just stopped playing for Irvine, who was a disgrace for waiting to be sacked to pick up his compo.

We are in a far worse position squad wise than when Megson joined. Basically it should have been fairly simple to get that Irvine squad playing better.  We actually finished 3 places lower than when Irvine got sacked.

I feel sorry for Garry Monk, who had to cope with a negative squad for the second half of last season after they knew we would get a points deduction,  and he's started this season with a much worse squad than he finished the last. No decent player with options joins a team on - 9 points do they?

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nobody really cares if a player smiled or not

Nobody

Not REALLY 

You really think nobody cares that a player is laughing and joking after conceding to make it 2-0, while we’re 7 points deep into the relegation zone and can’t win a game?

• Like 3

Just now, Kanye West said:

You really think nobody cares that a player is laughing and joking after conceding to make it 2-0, while we’re 7 points deep into the relegation zone and can’t win a game?

It gives people an opportunity to push their chest out and post a 'I'm a reyt proper fan me for saying this...' type post

Its ok though - its human nature and the aspect of football we've not had as fans whilst away from games etc

Crack on - it doesn't bother me at all - I understand the need for some for peer acceptance

But nobody really cares if a player smiled on a football pitch

Nobody

Not REALLY

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It gives people an opportunity to push their chest out and post a 'I'm a reyt proper fan me for saying this...' type post

Its ok though - its human nature and the aspect of football we've not had as fans whilst away from games etc

Crack on - it doesn't bother me at all - I understand the need for some for peer acceptance

But nobody really cares if a player smiled on a football pitch

Nobody

Not REALLY

You’re calling this very wrong in my opinion. I see where you’re coming from but it’s really poor this from Odubajo. No matter how you look at it. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Give over.

I don’t think he was congratulating the scorer no.. however.. this just sums up our players mentality. He should be raging that the ref hasn’t give it, he should be rushing to get the ball back, he should be looking more like he wants to bloody win other than making friends with the opposition when your 1-0 down ffs! Do these players not understand this? Do they not understand what it feels like to support a club! MO to me just looked like he was playing in a training game, 1-0 down to a relegation candidate, just Conceded another goal... but it’s ok he thought it shouldn’t count.. ha ha ha.. lets just try again next week eh!? See ya mate! 

flipping joke of club. The whole mentality at Wednesday is rotten atm. Gunna need a mass clear out just to get rid of the relaxed attitude at the club. 

• Like 3