Preston player charged

15 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

Agree, a kick, elbows happen and if malicious are punished . But what type of person grabs hold of someone's tackle in a game.  It's about time footballers stopped thinking they can do what they like and get away with it. 

If I was at work or in the street and did this would be sacked or a police matter. Why is it different for a player? We used to find lots of things in football acceptable but thankfully we have moved on.

Have a look at the Windass " tackle" and watch how there player  went down holding his face even though contact with the boot had been nowhere near it . This has been a problem,  not with just them, for a long time and "its been around a long time in football" is not a valid excuse . Fisher should be given a long ban and Preston should be charged as well if there are any more breaches  of the rules.   

15 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

It’s a criminal offence, end of.

If the woke scream equality, then that should extend to sexual assault on blokes too. He should serve time for this.

Just google it and see how many men have faced jail for lesser incidences. 

Thanks for this one mate. As per your advice I just Googled ‘men touching other other men’s todgers’ to see if you were right. 
Fellow Owlstalkers- do not, I repeat do not do this!

unless this is your bag. In which case carry on - I’m not here to judge. 

I appreciate that the plural of anecdote is not data but I witnessed a similar assault a few years ago where a bloke was walking down some stairs into a pub when one from a following gaggle of women grabbed his backside. He just about kept his balance on the stairs but the women all thought it was hilarious. Nothing was done as a result.

I think this tells us several things:-

Firstly, this sort of behaviour would rightly not be tolerated today. Even if the person who is assaulted is reluctant to press charges, there are people around who will fight the corner for them and - more importantly - others who might be frightened to come forward, too

Secondly, it probably highlights the way many (mainly) women were treated on a regular basis back in the day and, as a result, why we have a "no tolerance" approach to sexual assault these days.

Thirdly, sexual assault is often about power (which is why the behaviour is often, although not always, a man acting upon a woman). He does it because he thinks he can extract a favour from the woman. (c.f. The actions of a certain president of a large North American country).

I'm not sure of the circumstances of the alleged assault on Saturday (although I suspect that many on here are close to the mark in that it was possibly an attempted provocation), but our attitudes have thankfully changed which is why the full force of the EFL and police should address this serious matter with vigour.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I'm not sure of the circumstances of the alleged assault on Saturday (although I suspect that many on here are close to the mark in that it was possibly an attempted provocation), but our attitudes have thankfully changed which is why the full force of the EFL and police should address this serious matter with vigour.

giphy-downsized-large (1).gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Thanks for this one mate. As per your advice I just Googled ‘men touching other other men’s todgers’ to see if you were right. 
Fellow Owlstalkers- do not, I repeat do not do this!

unless this is your bag. In which case carry on - I’m not here to judge. 

Your advertisements on here are going to be interesting for the fore seeable 😲

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I appreciate that the plural of anecdote is not data but I witnessed a similar assault a few years ago where a bloke was walking down some stairs into a pub when one from a following gaggle of women grabbed his backside. He just about kept his balance on the stairs but the women all thought it was hilarious. Nothing was done as a result.

I think this tells us several things:-

Firstly, this sort of behaviour would rightly not be tolerated today. Even if the person who is assaulted is reluctant to press charges, there are people around who will fight the corner for them and - more importantly - others who might be frightened to come forward, too

Secondly, it probably highlights the way many (mainly) women were treated on a regular basis back in the day and, as a result, why we have a "no tolerance" approach to sexual assault these days.

Thirdly, sexual assault is often about power (which is why the behaviour is often, although not always, a man acting upon a woman). He does it because he thinks he can extract a favour from the woman. (c.f. The actions of a certain president of a large North American country).

Which pub was that? Sounds like my kind of night out

Not every touch of someone else is sexual assault.

I wouldn’t classify this incident as sexual assault as it’s not for gratification but to obtain a sporting advantage (cheating).. but Fisher is doing something that can see him in court charged with it if the other player decides to take it that way. It’s foolish