Preston player charged

14 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I expected a stiffer punishment

lol

Seriously though, by calling it violent conduct and giving him a 3 game ban it's basically been dealt with no differently than van Aken's sending off against Luton.

Surely if they wanted to ensure the players get the message that this sort of thing is wrong then they ought to be a braver and call it out for what it is.

After all, the most sinister thing about it all was the absence of any overt violence about it all. He just nonchalantly laid his hands on his groin as though he'd done it many times before and knew he'd get away with it.

• Like 3

Should be way more than a 3 match ban and to say it was "violent conduct" is also laughable. Should have been a longer ban, fine and he should have been shamed with more accurate terminology. A point should have been made to put him and other players off doing it in the future. 

No doubt PNE will be pissed off they're losing him for 3 games. Still, it's just a straight red ban though. 

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Made me laugh when it says Preston provided other examples of players doing the same who went unpunished.

Like that would exclude him from punishment!

Yes most of them were Preston players....lol

1 hour ago, Key said:

Preston North End - Official club statement:

"Preston North End defender Darnell Fisher has had his charge of violent conduct found proven by an independent FA Commission.

The Lilywhites’ No.2 was charged with the offence after cameras captured an incident between himself and Sheffield Wednesday forward Callum Paterson that official David Webb informed the commission he did not witness.

After being given until Wednesday at 6pm to respond to the charge, the club and player provided evidence to The FA of many previous occurrences within the game where no charge had been brought and an analysis of the violent conduct description within the Laws of the Game.

The three-man panel, however, decided the charge was proven and the player will now miss the games against Watford, AFC Bournemouth and Wycombe Wanderers.

As part of the club’s submission, it also explained that it had dealt with the matter internally, including making it absolutely clear to the player that he had a responsibility to the public perception of the game and to his club and that a repeat of the incident would not be tolerated."

Notice they couldn't even bring themselves to mention what the offence was. 

Notice the defence to the effect that 'well, everyone else does it' - No they don't!

Also notice that last sentence; it's all about the perception. i.e. In future don't get caught doing it!

PNE... Nobs!  😡

Which bit of his "offence" was violent?  He had a quick feel of Patersons Knob. How's that classed as violent. 

Just now, darra said:

According to the report, I read Fisher denied doing it. As he committed the offence twice surely he should get 6 matches as it's two incidents of "violent conduct"

Plus three more for blatantly denying the accusation.

If I’m reading the Preston club statement correctly it seems to me they tried to get him off the charge, but failed. Which is astonishing given the video evidence and it being shown live where we all saw it happen.  Not sure that sends out the right message to a younger generation of supporters.

• Like 1