Preston player charged

26 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I appreciate that the plural of anecdote is not data but I witnessed a similar assault a few years ago where a bloke was walking down some stairs into a pub when one from a following gaggle of women grabbed his backside. He just about kept his balance on the stairs but the women all thought it was hilarious. Nothing was done as a result.

I think this tells us several things:-

Firstly, this sort of behaviour would rightly not be tolerated today. Even if the person who is assaulted is reluctant to press charges, there are people around who will fight the corner for them and - more importantly - others who might be frightened to come forward, too

Secondly, it probably highlights the way many (mainly) women were treated on a regular basis back in the day and, as a result, why we have a "no tolerance" approach to sexual assault these days.

Thirdly, sexual assault is often about power (which is why the behaviour is often, although not always, a man acting upon a woman). He does it because he thinks he can extract a favour from the woman. (c.f. The actions of a certain president of a large North American country).

I'm not sure of the circumstances of the alleged assault on Saturday (although I suspect that many on here are close to the mark in that it was possibly an attempted provocation), but our attitudes have thankfully changed which is why the full force of the EFL and police should address this serious matter with vigour.

And charge Windass with GBH while they are at it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I appreciate that the plural of anecdote is not data but I witnessed a similar assault a few years ago where a bloke was walking down some stairs into a pub when one from a following gaggle of women grabbed his backside. He just about kept his balance on the stairs but the women all thought it was hilarious. Nothing was done as a result.

I think this tells us several things:-

Firstly, this sort of behaviour would rightly not be tolerated today. Even if the person who is assaulted is reluctant to press charges, there are people around who will fight the corner for them and - more importantly - others who might be frightened to come forward, too

Secondly, it probably highlights the way many (mainly) women were treated on a regular basis back in the day and, as a result, why we have a "no tolerance" approach to sexual assault these days.

Thirdly, sexual assault is often about power (which is why the behaviour is often, although not always, a man acting upon a woman). He does it because he thinks he can extract a favour from the woman. (c.f. The actions of a certain president of a large North American country).

I'm not sure of the circumstances of the alleged assault on Saturday (although I suspect that many on here are close to the mark in that it was possibly an attempted provocation), but our attitudes have thankfully changed which is why the full force of the EFL and police should address this serious matter with vigour.

Tell me , which "offence" was worst , Windass drop kicking a player in the head or the Preston player tickling Patterson`s balls ? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Tell me , which "offence" was worst , Windass drop kicking a player in the head or the Preston player tickling Patterson`s balls ? 

He didn’t drop kick him in the head, he went to flick the ball over his head with no intention to hurt the player. Part of the game you could say. 
whilst that muppet intentionally went and harassed Patterson. Wether it was shithousery or because he’s a sexual predator. Either way he And one need reprimanding. 

5 minutes ago, Half time Bovril said:

He didn’t drop kick him in the head, he went to flick the ball over his head with no intention to hurt the player. 

don't think Fisher had any intention to hurt the player either..........................maybe trying to pleasure him lol

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Its just tactics to wind up opposition players. Its nothing new. 

Jimmy - every corner to the near post, Micky - you snarl at their centre forward, Johnny - you run in behind their back line....oh yeah and Darnell - you tickle the big blokes rounduns and ass. Right we all set? Have a good game lads!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Which pub was that? Sounds like my kind of night out

Not every touch of someone else is sexual assault.

I wouldn’t classify this incident as sexual assault as it’s not for gratification but to obtain a sporting advantage (cheating).. but Fisher is doing something that can see him in court charged with it if the other player decides to take it that way. It’s foolish 

Wouldn't that be for the victim to decide rather than the perpetrator?

4 hours ago, the monk said:

And charge Windass with GBH while they are at it 

Can you not see the difference between a foul, where Windass never intended to hirt, and someone grabbing someones tackle to get a reaction that could result in a sending off. Jesus Christ have a word with yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Can you not see the difference between a foul, where Windass never intended to hirt, and someone grabbing someones tackle to get a reaction that could result in a sending off. Jesus Christ have a word with yourself.

Well I posted on Saturday on two separate occasions that I thought Windass left his foot in deliberately 

But perhaps you ought to have fully read the post I was replying to in which the poster was saying this crime should be dealt with the full force of the EFL and the Police and with vigour

Hence my sarcastic reply about him being charged with GBH ,which seems to have flown over your arrogant bonce 

5 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

It's quite clear Windass chickened out of the header, but rather than pull out of the challenge all together, he then raised his foot instead knowing the Preston player was going in with the header.    The intention was there, and the result was that a man at a place of work was kicked violently in the chest by another worker from a different company.  Is that acceptable in your workplace?    It's not acceptable in mine.

Even if there was no intention, HSE would be called and the site owner would have to file a "near miss" incident in their safety records.  Has that been done?   Has Windass received a verbal disciplinary with HR?  Been banned from site at Preston?  Maybe PPE should be provided, it's a workplace after all.

When are the cops being called?  Was it attempted murder?  If Windass hit his head, it could have been very serious.   Let's get the cops involved every time a foul takes place on the pitch (a workplace, where workers have rights).    Alternatively, it's a sport, ia contact sport at that and there are rules which are to be obeyed.  When they're not obeyed, they are dealt with by the authority of those rules. 

When did Wednesday fans become absolute ******** ******* demanding a "see you in court" type reaction?    

Next up on Owlstalk: Should Lewis Hamilton be Charged for Speeding?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Half time Bovril said:

He didn’t drop kick him in the head, he went to flick the ball over his head with no intention to hurt the player. Part of the game you could say. 
whilst that muppet intentionally went and harassed Patterson. Wether it was shithousery or because he’s a sexual predator. Either way he And one need reprimanding. 

Sexual predator? Have a word with yourself mate. It was standard sheitehousery, happens all the time, just this time the camera saw it. Its no different to a player standing on the keepers feet to stop him moving. Just gamesmanship. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Manwë said:

It's quite clear Windass chickened out of the header, but rather than pull out of the challenge all together, he then raised his foot instead knowing the Preston player was going in with the header.    The intention was there, and the result was that a man at a place of work was kicked violently in the chest by another worker from a different company.  Is that acceptable in your workplace?    It's not acceptable in mine.

Even if there was no intention, HSE would be called and the site owner would have to file a "near miss" incident in their safety records.  Has that been done?   Has Windass received a verbal disciplinary with HR?  Been banned from site at Preston?  Maybe PPE should be provided, it's a workplace after all.

When are the cops being called?  Was it attempted murder?  If Windass hit his head, it could have been very serious.   Let's get the cops involved every time a foul takes place on the pitch (a workplace, where workers have rights).    Alternatively, it's a sport, ia contact sport at that and there are rules which are to be obeyed.  When they're not obeyed, they are dealt with by the authority of those rules. 

When did Wednesday fans become absolute ******** ******* demanding a "see you in court" type reaction?    

Society. Someones gotta be blamed for everything. .

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sexual predator? Have a word with yourself mate. It was standard sheitehousery, happens all the time, just this time the camera saw it. Its no different to a player standing on the keepers feet to stop him moving. Just gamesmanship. 

Thankfully, there's nothing 'standard' about grabbing another person's genitals without their permission, at least as far as most people are concerned.

The reaction from the majority of people to this incident should tell you that there's a world of difference between standing on someone's feet and grabbing their todger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

It was hardly a drop kick to the head.

When playing football foul tackles are part and parcel of the game, even intentional fouls are to be expected. I've never gone on to the pitch expecting to have my genitals fondled, you don't seem to have much of an issue with it.

The 2 rugby codes appear to have dealt with this kind of thing accordingly recently, given what players have been able to get away with in rugby scrums in the past, you would expect the football authorities to take a similar dim view as it shows the game in a bad light.  

The FA have charged the player and rightly so, it would be interesting to see what sort of explanation he offers up! 

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Well I posted on Saturday on two separate occasions that I thought Windass left his foot in deliberately 

But perhaps you ought to have fully read the post I was replying to in which the poster was saying this crime should be dealt with the full force of the EFL and the Police and with vigour

Hence my sarcastic reply about him being charged with GBH ,which seems to have flown over your arrogant bonce 

Yep, straight over my arrogance with vigour although I didnt see your earlier post, had I then I would probably recognised the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

I’m sorry, I dont recall asking for him toappear in court but to suggest it was just workplace banter is a joke.  There is a hige difference in fouling a player and handl8ng a players meat and two veg to try to get him to knock you out and get sent off. People saying it was nothing are the ones withnthe problem. If that had been me I would have flattened him and had to be dragged away. Whichever way you look atnit, it is not acceptable on a football field.

• Like 1

What Fisher did was wrong, presumably trying to either distract Paterson to gain an advantage or to get a reaction and thereby possibly get him penalised or sent off.

It was captured on camera and he will now be disciplined and rightly so........................but.....................

Looking at some of the comments on here you would think he was trying to steal the crown jewels.

:ph34r: pun intended

• Like 1