Preston player charged

24 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

He grabbed him by the nuts FFS, he didn't kill him and eat his intestines. 

It's not the grabbing his nuts that is the worst part bad though that is. It's the deliberate attempt to provoke a reaction from Paterson to get him sent off.

Really it needs a ban for the actual assault and then an additional ban for the deliberate provocation and ungentlemany conduct.

If Paterson hadn't kept his cool he would have been sent off and got a lengthy ban just because that pillock thought he could try it on. They need to make an example of hin and the club. They are at it all the time. It is club policy to wind the opposition up.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If someone did that to me in a pub I’d probably lash out at them and probably give them what would be regarded as homophobic abuse. The context is different though because in that case it’s out of the blue and someone is either doing it for perverted reasons (so deserve whatever happens to them) or they’re doing it to instigate a scrap. So it’s going to end in violence or police involvement or someone sheepishly being made to look foolish and just taking it.

Paterson knows he’s not trying to w*nk him off, just get a reaction out of him to get another red card. Hence id have thought he won’t be sat at home right now feeling like he’s a rape victim or something. But if he is then by all means take it further than just the FA

Not disagreeing totally but I would say the grabbing of Paterson was out of the blue. I know there have been a few instances of it recently in sport but I haven’t ever seen it in any match I’ve ever watched or played in so would say this was pretty much out of the blue. 
The problem is the ‘it wansnt a rape’ argument is a very tricky one to navigate.

I am nearly 50 so am from a bygone era. My sons both had ‘consent’ lessons at school recently and their generation would very much see what happened as sexual assault if Paterson feels it is. 
What we think doesn’t matter that much any more. What you or I may or may not see as reasonable isn’t really of any consequence. Times have changed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

Not sure, just before the action looked like they were in cahoots.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If someone did that to me in a pub I’d probably lash out at them and probably give them what would be regarded as homophobic abuse. The context is different though because in that case it’s out of the blue and someone is either doing it for perverted reasons (so deserve whatever happens to them) or they’re doing it to instigate a scrap. So it’s going to end in violence or police involvement or someone sheepishly being made to look foolish and just taking it.

Paterson knows he’s not trying to w*nk him off, just get a reaction out of him to get another red card. Hence id have thought he won’t be sat at home right now feeling like he’s a rape victim or something. But if he is then by all means take it further than just the FA

The 3rd option for your scenario is 'oh come on mate, I was just trying to distract you so I could get to the bar before you!' 

Still happy with that? Still think it's ok? Laugh it off? Or respond in the same way way that Paterson did, which must have taken incredible self restraint. He comes out of this with a lot of credit. 

Probably best if everyone says 'Lets just not grab each others nadgers unless we're all ok with it'. He needs banning for 10 games at least, it's messed up. Kids see a player diving what do they do - dive. Kids see a player doing doing that - 'oh it's ok, it's shithousery, happens all the time. WTF. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Not disagreeing totally but I would say the grabbing of Paterson was out of the blue. I know there have been a few instances of it recently in sport but I haven’t ever seen it in any match I’ve ever watched or played in so would say this was pretty much out of the blue. 
The problem is the ‘it wansnt a rape’ argument is a very tricky one to navigate.

I am nearly 50 so am from a bygone era. My sons both had ‘consent’ lessons at school recently and their generation would very much see what happened as sexual assault if Paterson feels it is. 
What we think doesn’t matter that much any more. What you or I may or may not see as reasonable isn’t really of any consequence. Times have changed. 

Looks like he does it regularly though.. and I bet he’s not the only pro to initiate ‘tactics’ like this 

0B674395-2CCF-42DE-BFC6-39FCCF32ABF3.png

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I think it depends what pub you’re in. If they’re all wearing leather caps and dancing to the Village People, I think you’re safe.

Are you sure?

Depends what your persuasion is I suppose!

:pulis:

Guest Bulgaria

Yes, the bloke deserves a ban, and it's not nice but this is the funniest thread.

Some of the comments on here have given me the proper giggles.

41 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

And I would imagine caused him a fair bit of embarrassment now it's all over social media.