Preston player charged

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Oh God, S36s I'm a reyt bloke me routine has now extended to people grabbing other's genitalia.

Methinks someone's in denial.

Once the penny drops that having your kn*b fondled every time you get a set piece really isn't par for the course, there's going to be some serious time spent on the psychiatrist's couch, followed by a hefty lawsuit winging its way to the Penistone and Stocksbridge Sunday League Association.

• Haha 1

TP on Darnell Fisher incident: "What he did was ridiculous.

"It's something that shouldn't happen in professional sport."

What the lad did was ridiculous. Did he do it for Callum to react? That’s the only reason I can think why he did it.

It’s something that should not happen in professional football and fingers crossed we won’t see it again.

Callum has been a shining light in the two games that we have played and I’m big fan of him.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Still not received any punishment so presumably he could be available to play tomorrow? What is it with the FA and sorting stuff like this out? Player gets cited in Rugby Union and it's sorted in a couple of days and they get a ban

• Like 1

3 match ban. Seems a bit light to me.

Some on here didn't even feel it was worth reporting, seemingly not having a problem with being touched up on a football pitch. Probably a sign of not getting enough attention at home in that department.

lol

3 hours ago, darra said:

Still not received any punishment so presumably he could be available to play tomorrow?

Don't mind being the first.

If the roles were reversed, 12 match ban, £50k fine. SWFC under investigation and a mention in the house of commons by virtue signalling mp's.

Preston North End - Official club statement:

"Preston North End defender Darnell Fisher has had his charge of violent conduct found proven by an independent FA Commission.

The Lilywhites’ No.2 was charged with the offence after cameras captured an incident between himself and Sheffield Wednesday forward Callum Paterson that official David Webb informed the commission he did not witness.

After being given until Wednesday at 6pm to respond to the charge, the club and player provided evidence to The FA of many previous occurrences within the game where no charge had been brought and an analysis of the violent conduct description within the Laws of the Game.

The three-man panel, however, decided the charge was proven and the player will now miss the games against Watford, AFC Bournemouth and Wycombe Wanderers.

As part of the club’s submission, it also explained that it had dealt with the matter internally, including making it absolutely clear to the player that he had a responsibility to the public perception of the game and to his club and that a repeat of the incident would not be tolerated."

Notice they couldn't even bring themselves to mention what the offence was. 

Notice the defence to the effect that 'well, everyone else does it' - No they don't!

Also notice that last sentence; it's all about the perception. i.e. In future don't get caught doing it!

PNE... Nobs!  😡