Preston player charged

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I’ve seen another video of him doing it to someone else at a corner in a different game, so it’s clearly not an isolated incident. He’s right to be charged and the FA should make an example of it. I’m pretty sure that this kind of thing goes on often at corners with players doing anything to try and gain some sort of small advantage over the opponent. To stamp it out of the game you need to take action.

However I think the context is everything.

He’s probably not doing it for sexual gratification, it’s merely a dirty habit he has to try and give him an advantage on the pitch. Comparisons to touching someone up in the street or at the office are different in that someone’s incentive for doing that would probably be sexual in nature. He’s leaving himself open though to a court case because I’d imagine it could get that far if Paterson wanted to press charges.

As it is I think most players would view this differently in that they’ll see it as an annoyance in the game but they wouldn’t want to see the other pro lose their job or be put on the sex offenders register for that. I think he’ll get a lengthy ban and fine and that will be the end of it 

It’s probably a bit like Suarez and the biting. A horrible habit that he will keep doing until he does it one time to many and gets blatantly caught. 
imagine though if this type of thing escalates and someone combines Suarez’s habit with Fisher’s habit!

The horror! 😱😱

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

That's OK then is it 

Tell that to victims of sexual assault then 

For gods sake. It was a bit of football shithousery that happens all the time. Dirty tricks. Stop over reacting. 

• Like 3

Just now, S36 OWL said:

For gods sake. It was a bit of football shithousery that happens all the time. Dirty tricks. Stop over reacting. 

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

It’s probably a bit like Suarez and the biting. A horrible habit that he will keep doing until he does it one time to many and gets blatantly caught. 
imagine though if this type of thing escalates and someone combines Suarez’s habit with Fisher’s habit!

The horror! 😱😱

What’s wrong with massaging shoulders?

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

I'm sorry but your wrong 

100% wrong to defend this 

Doesn't matter where it occurred 

Fisher touched paterson with out his consent 

He did but that doesn’t automatically make it sexual assault.. depends how Paterson sees it. If he wanted to I’m sure he could press charges and Fisher would be in big trouble not just with the FA

It happens a lot in the game so I would think the players would have a different view of this 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

He did but that doesn’t automatically make it sexual assault.. depends how Paterson sees it. If he wanted to I’m sure he could press charges and Fisher would be in big trouble not just with the FA

It happens a lot in the game so I would think the players would have a different view of this 

Still doesn't make it right 

People defending this is shocking 

• Like 1

I know Ive made a few light hearted comments about this and I am kind of between the two ends of the argument on this. But I suppose for me a good test is the ‘pub test’. Just try walking into a pub in Sheffield and grabbing someone by the bell and see what happens. 
in truth some would laugh it off, some would kick your head in and some would call the cops. 
if it could be proved you had done it you would be arrested. 
Please don’t put this to the test though. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I know Ive made a few light hearted comments about this and I am kind of between the two ends of the argument on this. But I suppose for me a good test is the ‘pub test’. Just try walking into a pub in Sheffield and grabbing someone by the bell and see what happens. 
in truth some would laugh it off, some would kick your head in and some would call the cops. 

I think it depends what pub you’re in. If they’re all wearing leather caps and dancing to the Village People, I think you’re safe.

• Haha 4

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

If someone did that to me in a pub I’d probably lash out at them and probably give them what would be regarded as homophobic abuse. The context is different though because in that case it’s out of the blue and someone is either doing it for perverted reasons (so deserve whatever happens to them) or they’re doing it to instigate a scrap. So it’s going to end in violence or police involvement or someone sheepishly being made to look foolish and just taking it.

Paterson knows he’s not trying to w*nk him off, just get a reaction out of him to get another red card. Hence id have thought he won’t be sat at home right now feeling like he’s a rape victim or something. But if he is then by all means take it further than just the FA