Preston player charged

3 minutes ago, Trevorhg said:

This is, hopefully, just the first step!  The next authority to become involved should be the Police.  It appears that a criminal offence has taken place which, in the workplace, would usually result in the loss of employment. 

If the FA find that the player has committed an offence, which appears likely from the video footage available, then the player should be subject to be a specific long term ban with the additional penalty to the Club of having the result overturned.  Until such time as radical action is taken by the FA against both players and clubs, players will continue, with the encouragement of their myopic managers, to employ these antics to gain advantage illegally.  Referees continue to show they are incapable of controlling games and clubs should be shown that they will not benefit from these sort of tactics by dramatic, retrospective action.

I don’t think Paterson is going to wait t to press charges for someone touching his winky some how 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Trevorhg said:

This is, hopefully, just the first step!  The next authority to become involved should be the Police.  It appears that a criminal offence has taken place which, in the workplace, would usually result in the loss of employment. 

If the FA find that the player has committed an offence, which appears likely from the video footage available, then the player should be subject to be a specific long term ban with the additional penalty to the Club of having the result overturned.  Until such time as radical action is taken by the FA against both players and clubs, players will continue, with the encouragement of their myopic managers, to employ these antics to gain advantage illegally.  Referees continue to show they are incapable of controlling games and clubs should be shown that they will not benefit from these sort of tactics by dramatic, retrospective action.

The only fair and reasonable punishment for this heinous crime is a 12 point deduction imho.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Trevorhg said:

Good grief.  Just get on with the game 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It's clearly up to paterson if he wants to press charges 

The club should support him in what decision he decides 

The FA, EFL however should really take this seriously, no waywill the player be sacked but at the very least

the Preston player should be slapped with a massive game ban and fine 

This shouldn't be tolerated 

If this happened in any other place of work, the person would be dismassed instantly. 

• Like 5

Just now, Sticky Micky said:

It's clearly up to paterson if he wants to press charges 

The club should support him in what decision he decides 

The FA, EFL however should really take this seriously, no waywill the player be sacked but at the very least

the Preston player should be slapped with a massive game ban and fine 

This shouldn't be tolerated 

If this happened in any other place of work, the person would be dismassed instantly. 

Have a day off .... as if Patterson will care less 

• Like 4

I can of course only guess at his motivation.

I assumed it was to try and get some kind of retaliation that would have seen us down to 9 men but maybe he just saw what a beefcake Paterson is and just couldn’t help himself. 
Either way it’s easy to categorise it as sexual assault at a push and serious foul play at best. 
All in all at least Paterson has come out of it well. 
If someone had done that to me it would have been a reflex head but I’m afraid. Then I would have been in trouble. 
I’m glad Paterson kept his cool anyway, however hard it was. 

• Haha 3