Preston player charged

22 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

should have been a 10 match ban

if patterson did it ,then it would have been 10games . the world is completely nuts , why cant everything be equal regards punishment ,same regards who works on tv sport etc but lets not go there. 

13 minutes ago, morganowl said:

if patterson did it ,then it would have been 10games . the world is completely nuts , why cant everything be equal regards punishment ,same regards who works on tv sport etc but lets not go there. 

Paterson would’ve got a 8-10 game ban if that was done to Fisher. 100%

• Like 1

Definitely got off lightly compared to the rugby player. Different shaped balls I suppose! 

Seriously though, outrageous that Preston contested the charge. Hopefully we will have normal crowds at S6 when the dirty little twwatt shows up in the return match. 

• Thanks 1

A three match ban for twice touching another man's genitals on the football pitch makes it seem like sexual assault is just a normal part of the game.

That's utterly embarrassing from the FA.

When you consider Forestieri was banned for twice as long for something he supposedly said, despite being acquitted in a court of law and the decision resting on the balance of probabilities alone, it just gets worse, doesn't it?

Our game is run by incompetents. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A three match ban for twice touching another man's genitals on the football pitch makes it seem like sexual assault is just a normal part of the game.

When you consider Forestieri was banned for twice as long for something he supposedly said, despite being acquitted in a court of law and the decision resting on the balance of probabilities alone, it just gets worse, doesn't it?

Totally. I'm just sat here shaking my head in the knowledge the CP would have received a longer ban if he'd given him the belting he deserved......

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morepork said:

Totally. I'm just sat here shaking my head in the knowledge the CP would have received a longer ban if he'd given him the belting he deserved......

At least all the footballing perverts know what they'll get if they fancy a quick fondle now. What a precedent to set, eh!?

:duntmatter:

I just hope fans don't forget Fisher's indiscretion by the time they're finally allowed back in stadiums...

15 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

Definitely got off lightly compared to the rugby player. Different shaped balls I suppose! 

Seriously though, outrageous that Preston contested the charge. Hopefully we will have normal crowds at S6 when the dirty little twwatt shows up in the return match. 

Preston under Alex Neil are a horrible side.

They will literally do anything to try and get an opposition player sent off.

Pearson, Fisher and the like can f right off.

16 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Caught fully on camera as well, what a joke. 

I know regular assault and similar offences are not treated the same on a football pitch, but it's not in the heat of the moment or retaliation, it's so ridiculous. In any other line of work you're looking at being sacked, and probably a police charge. 

The FA, EFL, UEFA, FIFA are all a joke - embarrassing themselves as usual. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

If I’m reading the Preston club statement correctly it seems to me they tried to get him off the charge, but failed. Which is astonishing given the video evidence and it being shown live where we all saw it happen.  Not sure that sends out the right message to a younger generation of supporters.

They don't care about the right message. There philosophy is all about winding up the opposition and shithousery to try to gain an advantage. They supported him because he's carying out club policy.

The fact they backed him will encourage their players to carry on.