Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

It’s the worst SWFC team I’ve watched for a long time!

Hoof it to Paterson! Send Flint up for goal kicks! Players playing out of position! Are we really that bad! We’ve no confidence, no creativity and no clue! 

I’ve said it in another thread - he has his coaching team now and mostly his own players so what are the excuses now?! 

Fact is that Bruce had near enough the same players as him in the previous season and Bruce did good job. Monk comes in, started well and then nosedives saying we need a clear out.

1 win at home in 16!!! 

Unfortunately i can’t see us stopping up with him! Put a Warnock, big Mick, Pearson or Cook in charge of these players and we’d be fine (not saying these would come to us).

Unfortunately DC won’t do anything as he knows it’s his c@ck ups which had put us in the position of -12, and the position where no decent player or manager will come to us! 

• Like 1

I've been willing to give monk a chance this season but enough's enough. We're going backwards. The footballs boring and his tactics and formations are horrific. It's just hoofball. He needs to be gone n quick before we're to far gone to pull it back. 

• Like 4

Guest LondonOwl313

Can't believe there are 54 people on here who want him to stay tbh... today does seem to be a tipping point of sorts as I've noticed quite a few posters (naming no names) who have tried to be positive about it despite the weight of the evidence and now they've turned on him.

Game by game performances

Cardiff good

Watford good

Bristol city bad

QPR bad

Birmingham good

Brentford bad

Luton bad

3 good 4 bad.  Unfortunately the 4 bad have come in the last 5.....I'm starting to waiver but still just about behind him. Next 3 games will make my mind up...I think 10 league games is a fair assessment for me. 

• Like 3

My biggest fear in all this is DC not knowing how incompetent the bloke he appointed is 

He’s cooped away in Thailand and just backed his manager with a new backroom team and a range of new players 

We will definitely leave it too late to sack him, that’s if we actually do 

Scary times 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
56 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

Game by game performances

Cardiff good

Watford good

Bristol city bad

QPR bad

Birmingham good

Brentford bad

Luton bad

3 good 4 bad.  Unfortunately the 4 bad have come in the last 5.....I'm starting to waiver but still just about behind him. Next 3 games will make my mind up...I think 10 league games is a fair assessment for me. 

The last 4 games have all been very samey... I wouldn't say any of them were good performances, we haven't really looked like scoring or creating much in any of them. The only difference is against QPR we got the break, defended for half an hour and folded at the end. Against Birmingham we got the break with a soft penalty then held on for half an hour. Didn't capitulate against Brentford but never troubled them either. Today the break went the other way and we can't come back once behind as we never score.

It reminds me a bit of last season before Xmas with the only difference being we had a quality striker in Fletcher. What happened after that is the defensive solidity dried up and we started taking heavy beatings. The same will happen this season if we persist not scoring or creating as eventually confidence will fade and the defence will feel the pressure and start making mistakes

With our home form this past year, our away form which is actually pretty good, won't even be enough to keep us up. Our next two games are both away both are winnable like Luton should have been and so-called 6 pointers. It feels inevitable what will happen when the pressure is on. 

On the basis of the home form this year and ever since Monk has been here, that is reason enough to axe him.

That's even without factoring in the dire football especially at home; ultra defensive tactics even at home, setting up in a shape that doesn't even suit the players we have and the lack of goals, etc. 

I really wanted to buy-in to building positivity and a siege mentality and saving our season but for our run of home form alone over the last calendar year he has to go. That’s before you look at other factors too. The results at Hillsborough are completely unacceptable and inexcusable. We will be in big trouble on and off the pitch if it is allowed to continue.

• Like 2

This season started off positive, new players, better performances. But yesterday was very much normal service resumed. I know the injuries are mounting up (already!) and we’re missing some big players, but we were just crap from start to finish. It smacks of something when our best cross of the whole game came from a centre half! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carbone said:

So many injuries, can’t believe Carlos has gotten us into this mess :rolleyes:

When 3 of your signings are the terribly injury-prone Brown, the just-back-from-groin surgery Marriott, and Dunkley with a broken leg, I don’t think we can pretend that we are having bad luck with injury.

• Like 2

I voted monk out. I voted that, as I want my club to do well. I don’t want to be playing league one football next year. I want to see us playing premiership football, and going on cup runs. Like my old man did, that unfortunately I can’t remember. 

I do, however, think he will be here for the long run and take us down to league one with his book of excuses at the ready. 

Monk said in his post match press conference that he will be working with players every day to make them better. (Not a word for word quote, but it was among those lines). I would love to see what he actually does in training, because to me it looks like he’s making them worse. 

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't know why people think it validates their  opinion to tell us what their mates think too

lol

For what it worth my mate says he's doing great and we should keep him....he says only thing us blades have to laugh about.

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Can't believe there are 54 people on here who want him to stay tbh... today does seem to be a tipping point of sorts as I've noticed quite a few posters (naming no names) who have tried to be positive about it despite the weight of the evidence and now they've turned on him.

55👍