Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

10 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

I’m going to stick my head above the parapet and say that I’m one of them.

I want to see whether results improve with Brown and Luongo back before I join the Monk Out brigade

Brown and Luongo will be in and out of team all season. So when they are out do we just take the rubbish performances, losses and lack of effort? 

Secondly all teams playing same amount of games and EVERY team in the Championship will have injuries to key players Using injuries as an excuse to keep Monk in is a farce to me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back him. The squad is a midtable one without the injuries. A different manager will still have the same injuries to deal with. Other than this Saturday, the performances have been quite good. If we get good results against Rotherham and Wycombe, I think we will turn a corner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^
You get hassle free access to the website if you agree with Neil. If you don’t then you get pestered to make contributions and bombarded with pop up granny dating ads.

I want to subscribe but only on the proviso he can’t delete your posts just because he disagrees with them. Or, when your beating him in a discussion....bang, thread gone!! lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^
You get hassle free access to the website if you agree with Neil. If you don’t then you get pestered to make contributions and bombarded with pop up granny dating ads.

Ads on here are specific to what your online searchers are😁😁you filthy animal

6 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^

I've had more yellow cards than Hutchinson 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

A fink e needs to go. What do you fink?

A fort long an ard about it.

Furrowly disappointing.

But as he says, we know what we need to do, we need to get our heads down and work hard to put it right, look, yeah you know, the lads are as disappointed about it as I am, but football is football and I know one fing, and that’s that these players won’t let me down, and secondly they’ll be up for it against Rovverum.

Got to beat Rotherham and Wycombe to continue, if we don't win these two games I think player confidence in staying up would be crushed. If you can't beat these two, you don't deserve to stay up. Not too bothered about the Brentford result (being honest I didn't expect us to win that), the Luton result was a bad one.

The problem for me, is the names being mentioned to replace Monk if we did get rid are just terrifying, some names being put forward makes me think there are more closet pigs fans floating around on here than I thought.

20 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It's pretty dire football to watch, but if we sack Monk who comes in?

Usual names banded around........one being Paul Cooke? No thanks.

Change isn't always for the better in football.

I'd give him the next two games. Two poor performances like this week and he has to go.

Why not?

6 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Back him. The squad is a midtable one without the injuries. A different manager will still have the same injuries to deal with. Other than this Saturday, the performances have been quite good. If we get good results against Rotherham and Wycombe, I think we will turn a corner. 

Have they?

Your standards must be incredibly low.

The first game was an effective away performance against a side who are proving to be rubbish at home this season. The Watford game was good 1st half, we barely had a touch in their half in the second 45 minutes. 

Bristol was good first half, awful second half and never looked like getting a result once we conceded. QPR, dire, Luton, ditto. Brentford, good effort levels but no shots on target in the 60 minutes after we went 2-1 down. 

Birmingham, best 1st half of the season, usual last 25 minutes trying to sit on a lead against a poor side. 

Only Rotherham & Wycombe have had less shots on target than us. If that is as a result of us performing well I'm not looking forward to any under par performances we might produce! 

Great shout from Gurujuan:

A closer inspection of those 50 people might be quite revealing, and among those there will be a few that know he’s not up to it, but are fearful of change.

I suspect that many support local rivals too and must be desperate for us to keep Monk.

Remember Monk was fired by Swnasea, fired by Boro and fired by Brum.

And hopefully shortly fired buy us.

• Like 3