Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

On 26/10/2020 at 15:16, Andrew6666 said:

Got to beat Rotherham and Wycombe to continue, if we don't win these two games I think player confidence in staying up would be crushed. If you can't beat these two, you don't deserve to stay up. Not too bothered about the Brentford result (being honest I didn't expect us to win that), the Luton result was a bad one.

The problem for me, is the names being mentioned to replace Monk if we did get rid are just terrifying, some names being put forward makes me think there are more closet pigs fans floating around on here than I thought.

I have no idea what names are being mentioned but i honestly think there are not many that could do as bad of a job as Monk is.

Depends on how Stuffing boy wants to go with a replacement does he go big and pay someone or go proven - my theory is he'll give it to Bullen see if he can do it this time  lol 

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I have no idea what names are being mentioned but i honestly think there are not many that could do as bad of a job as Monk is.

Depends on how Stuffing boy wants to go with a replacement does he go big and pay someone or go proven - my theory is he'll give it to Bullen see if he can do it this time  lol 

I’ve seen Carlos’ old assistant Bruno Lage mentioned as a possible replacement. This wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I hope not Bullen again, cant understand why he's still at the club now. 

• Like 2

On 26/10/2020 at 10:09, WalthamOwl said:

I think if we fail to get 4 or 6 points from the next 2 games there will be a lot more people saying sack him. 

Have to agree with this, I'm certainly one of those. At this point I'm still willing to give him the benefit if the doubt as there will be dips in form throughout a season but if we can't get results against Rovrum and Wycombe then that's a massive indicator for the rest of the season under Monk.

He's said on a couple of occasions already this season that it's about how you respond to defeats/bad performances so if we don't get improved results in the next 2 then he's on very thin ice by his own logic.

The next 2 games are absolutely huge for the rest of the season.

On 25/10/2020 at 21:00, torryowl said:

i'm one ....he's our manager  and when he 's gone i'll back the next one as well .......

Why are you backing him though?

Clapping and saying better luck next time Garry every time he serves up what we have witnessed - 25 points from 31 games - won't change the fact he is incapable of getting it right consistently. 

Blind faith is not going to change our results or performances. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Why are you backing him though?

Clapping and saying better luck next time Garry every time he serves up what we have witnessed - 25 points from 31 games - won't change the fact he is incapable of getting it right consistently. 

Blind faith is not going to change our results or performances. 

because he's our  manager and while he is i'll continue to back him ....i back the players as well  even though there current form  is  dire ......whether that makes me a happy clapper i know not but i dont feel happy with the current situation but me  withdrawing my support wont improve anything . 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

because he's our  manager and while he is i'll continue to back him ....i back the players as well  even though there current form  is  dire ......whether that makes me a happy clapper i know not but i dont feel happy with the current situation but me  withdrawing my support wont improve anything . 

Very few who don't want Monk are withdrawing their support and just like you back the team every time they take the field. Unfortunately under this manager it is very much more in hope rather than expectation. 

3 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Very few who don't want Monk are withdrawing their support and just like you back the team every time they take the field. Unfortunately under this manager it is very much more in hope rather than expectation. 

they back the team ?.........we have a 12 page thread were they annihilate the goalie . poor old joey is the most despised player since chris morris .....jack marriott is in "the send him back already group ".......theres others , reach ,bannan, young dele is copping some as well if thats backing the team then i dont want to be around when they turn on them . 

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

they back the team ?.........we have a 12 page thread were they annihilate the goalie . poor old joey is the most despised player since chris morris .....jack marriott is in "the send him back already group ".......theres others , reach ,bannan, young dele is copping some as well if thats backing the team then i dont want to be around when they turn on them . 

Most if not all hope for better.

We have played 31 matches since Christmas and have won 5 of them, the players aren't going to get much praise on that basis. Some of it is too much but if the performances warranted regular praise they would get it. 

The fans got blamed by some for the 'toxic' atmosphere when fans were allowed in. Since then we have played 9 home games behind closed doors and have won none of them. Fans react to what they see and sadly what we have seen for 10 months has been mostly garbage. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Most if not all hope for better.

We have played 31 matches since Christmas and have won 5 of them, the players aren't going to get much praise on that basis. Some of it is too much but if the performances warranted regular praise they would get it. 

The fans got blamed by some for the 'toxic' atmosphere when fans were allowed in. Since then we have played 9 home games behind closed doors and have won none of them. Fans react to what they see and sadly what we have seen for 10 months has been mostly garbage. 

you dont think that when we are as bad as we are  then  thats the time to get behind them ........its easy being a fan of a good team thats doing well but a struggling  team thats decimated by injuries and now suspensions  not quite so much it seems ......ive seen us a lot worse than this and what support we had never poured the scorn and abuse that todays lot do . 

10 hours ago, torryowl said:

you dont think that when we are as bad as we are  then  thats the time to get behind them ........its easy being a fan of a good team thats doing well but a struggling  team thats decimated by injuries and now suspensions  not quite so much it seems ......ive seen us a lot worse than this and what support we had never poured the scorn and abuse that todays lot do . 

How do you suggest we do that?

On here there are positive threads and supporters, myself included do try to get behind the team during matches but you cannot ignore the results and performances. The positive threads on here at the start of the season belied the fact we had picked up 17 points from 23 games in the 2nd half of last season with way too many abject hammerings.

If we were allowed in the ground I would be at Hillsborough on Tuesday evening and would be willing the team on, I've never booed a Wednesday player during a game. We continue to put our season ticket money towards watching games online and hope that we will see something resembling a cohesive team display. 

25 points from 31 games is unacceptable. The only time I have seen us perform as badly as this was in 2003-04. You say you have seen a lot worse, which I presume is the mid-70's which was the only time results have been as bad at a lower level. At that time attendances were down to 10,000 or less at times so in the absence of the internet as an outlet for frustrations at that time it seems supporters abandoned the team in numbers.