Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

If Chansiri decides to pull the trigger. One thing he can’t do this time is leave it weeks and weeks for an appointment. 

It took him too long mid season in replacing Carvalhal with Luhukay. Took too long replacing Luhukay with Bruce and it was ridiculous how long we took to replace Bruce with Monk. 

When the trigger is pulled we need to know already who is taking the job no matter how ruthless that is.

We can’t waste time this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, poite said:

There's 50 of us now! 🙂

...of THEM, I mean THEM 😬

Bizarre. Even taking last season out of the equation - which is a ridiculous notion but still,

• We have a midfielder regarded as a very good passer of the ball at this level but play less short passes than the majority of teams
  • we have no target man physical striker but play more long balls than the majority of teams
  • we play a formation with 3 CB's and play a wing back as one of them when we have a CB and a more defensive minded full-back on the bench
  • we play a winger as a wing-back and give him more defensive responsibility than he has ever had in his career
  • we play the left sided player on the right and the right sided player on the left repeatedly despite this sowing little sign of being effective
  • we have had less shots on target as a result of our tactics than nearly every team in the division
  • we have resorted to putting our CB in right midfield from goal kicks so he can try and flick it on then trundle back to CB
  • we haven't scored more than one goal in any of our last 17 home games

50 people think the manager is the right man to continue with this.

I'd love to know why. 

If we had produced a performance as bad as today last season Monk would have been proclaiming things need to change at the club and all that jazz he use to say after a defeat last season. Can’t really use that excuse now can he. He’s got rid of players, made his own signings, got his coaches in and we still produce something like that. That first half today imo was worse than anything we produced last season. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bizarre. Even taking last season out of the equation - which is a ridiculous notion but still,

• We have a midfielder regarded as a very good passer of the ball at this level but play less short passes than the majority of teams
  • we have no target man physical striker but play more long balls than the majority of teams
  • we play a formation with 3 CB's and play a wing back as one of them when we have a CB and a more defensive minded full-back on the bench
  • we play a winger as a wing-back and give him more defensive responsibility than he has ever had in his career
  • we play the left sided player on the right and the right sided player on the left repeatedly despite this sowing little sign of being effective
  • we have had less shots on target as a result of our tactics than nearly every team in the division
  • we have resorted to putting our CB in right midfield from goal kicks so he can try and flick it on then trundle back to CB

I'd love to know why. 

Not going to disagree with any of what you have said. 

My stance is this. Should we sack monk now? No

But ask me again after the next two games 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 0114 said:

If Chansiri decides to pull the trigger. One thing he can’t do this time is leave it weeks and weeks for an appointment. 

It took him too long mid season in replacing Carvalhal with Luhukay. Took too long replacing Luhukay with Bruce and it was ridiculous how long we took to replace Bruce with Monk. 

When the trigger is pulled we need to know already who is taking the job no matter how ruthless that is.

We can’t waste time this season. 

Plenty of managers out of work who would be an improvement. 

If we’re going to make a change then the new manager has to be given time during the next international break (after the Millwall game) to work with the players before the hectic winter period starts 

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd love to know why. 

That's Sack him then? 😂

Edited by Rhubarb n Custard

18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd love to know why. 

This ^^^^ - tactical ineptitude. Had the opportunity to resource (within typical Championship constraints)  and has failed to build a squad around his notion that 5-3-2 is the best formation. Reach summed it up when he mentioned he was not happy playing out of his natural position. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The fact of the matter is that Monk will not be sacked not after fetching in his team of 'experts'.  

The other consideration is that most managers who are ambitious will steer well clear of Wednesday at the moment.

So at best we will get a manager who is no better than Monk.

That is the simple reality of it.

well we can't get a worse one  lol 

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd love to know why. 

perhaps it's Knee jerk and they don't know either, or 50 Niels  😂🙂😉

• Haha 1

I’ve never done this before but I feel like just giving the Rotherham game a miss, no watching, listening, checking the scores and twitter on my phone every few seconds to see how we are doing. I just feel like for that couple of hours doing something completely different. Will probably change my mind by the day of the game but I feel so deflated with everything about this club at the minute. 

Daley Thompson, Tessa Sanderson and Steve Cram are all round at Seb Coe's house for tea.

Steve brought the fish, Tessa brought the chips, Daley brought the mushy peas and Seb provided the salt and vinegar.

Suddenly there is a knock at the door so Seb gets up to answer. "Who is it?", asks everyone in unison - "It's Fatima wi t'bread."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I’ve never done this before but I feel like just giving the Rotherham game a miss, no watching, listening, checking the scores and twitter on my phone every few seconds to see how we are doing. I just feel like for that couple of hours doing something completely different. Will probably change my mind by the day of the game but I feel so deflated with everything about this club at the minute. 

If we go a goal down I can't watch it and switch off and watch crap on the telly. Today I switched off at half time, I could see the goal coming it was only a question of when. 

It was still a stab in the heart when I saw the result. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Daley Thompson, Tessa Sanderson and Steve Cram are all round at Seb Coe's house for tea.

Steve brought the fish, Tessa brought the chips, Daley brought the mushy peas and Seb provided the salt and vinegar.

Suddenly there is a knock at the door so Seb gets up to answer. "Who is it?", asks everyone in unison - "It's Fatima wi t'bread."

At last he brings something of worth to the table.

I'm gonna nick that.