Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

He should never have been backed at the end of last season as I think most of us knew things weren’t going to change. He’s a one trick pony. 23 championship home games he’s been in charge at Hillsborough and despite the lack of goals and wins etc., does he change things. He can’t because he doesn’t know how to.  The reason he’s still in a job is because of the pandemic. Football is played as scheduled, crowds are in grounds, he gets sacked pure and simple. Very p!$$ed off tonight that this 🤡 is still Manager of swfc.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Reluctantly pressed the go button. We could easily win the next two games and everything would appear better but we flatter to deceive too often and have done for too long. I know we only have to achieve 21st and we only have to grind out wins and draws to do that but we constantly change tack. Things like Harris and Reach play well on their natural sides and have some attacking threat so it changes the next game. Unfathomable.

1 hour ago, slow83 said:

Without fans in the ground, how do we make Chansiri pull the trigger? Seriously 

He wouldn't pull it anyway , he's never at the matches and doesn't understand the concept of following an English football club , he's gone far enough with the club now , sell up and do one please 

• Like 1

Truly awful! 

He talks about giving fans a team we’re proud about! 

- Yes I’m proud of 1 win in 16 at home

- I’m proud that we look tactically inept

- proud we just hoof the ball upto Paterson and hope it lands to another player! 

You’ve cleared out the deadwood, brought these players in, brought in coaching staff and we look just as bad! Time to go son! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

He should never have been backed at the end of last season as I think most of us knew things weren’t going to change. He’s a one trick pony. 23 championship home games he’s been in charge at Hillsborough and despite the lack of goals and wins etc., does he change things. He can’t because he doesn’t know how to.  The reason he’s still in a job is because of the pandemic. Football is played as scheduled, crowds are in grounds, he gets sacked pure and simple. Very p!$$ed off tonight that this 🤡 is still Manager of swfc.

He's still in charge because of one thing .....Chansiri !!

Over 90% out. I wish this could actually have any impact but unfortunately I think Chansiri not being able to physically see and hear the opinions of the fans on match days will buy him about 5-6 extra games, by which point we will be way too adrift.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

If he's that good why did Chansiri - the most loyal chairman of them all - sack him, boot him out, and kick him out onto the street?

He did that too late - and no one can say Carlos didn't have a good crack at it before then. 

Also, I'm not convinced that we even sacked him, given the move he had lined up to Swansea

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Fair point

I think similar to last time would happen if Carlos came back, but with diminished returns due to the finances. It would see a similar 3 season cycle where he would be sacked again. But If he kept us up who cares... most important season in a long time.