Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

Got to hand it to Monk, consistently producing some of the most clueless performances in our entire history,  the longest spell without scoring more than 1 goal at home, the longest spell without a home win, the lowest home points haul and some proper drubbings to teams like Blackburn and Luton.

With a record like that, let’s give him more time ... I’m sure we’d all congratulate him for the lowest number of points in a Championship season so we better not interrupt his mission......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I voted to back him.

I wanted him gone back in March, but with the club backing him with new players and coaching staff, I said I'd judge him after 10 games this season and I stand by that. 2 wins from our next 3 matches and we're right back on track.

But, that was an absolute abomination of a performance today, against a Luton side who barely looked better than League 1 standard. We were totally devoid of any creativity - even more lacking than usual. I haven't been that angry following a match for a long time.

From day one I believed we'd get out of trouble. For the first time this season I now have serious doubts.

• Like 2

That’s it for me, I’ve supported him as much as anyone could but the performance was awful.  And to be frank, I don’t want to pay £10 to watch that standard of football anymore. 
Love the owls, don’t like supporting them these days 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Looking at the "who's online" bit, there are certainly a few pigs around at the moment. I'm sure they'll have voted, I wonder which way... 

They'll be the ten percent who voted Monk in FFS. They know we are probably down if he stays. 
For me, nothing less than two wins out of two should save his skin now, but really DC ought to pull the trigger and get someone like Cook in. He’s got tactical nous and also passion in spades. Gets himself sent to the stands a couple of times a season and really looks like he cares, unlike Monk I’m afraid who has less life in him than a tin of Andrews. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but who?

I am struggling to think of any (that aren't the usual tin foil hat brigade suggestions)

lol

I have already nailed my colours to the mast with Paul Cook...............left Wigan, Chesterfield and Portsmouth in a far better state than he found them , plays attacking football and has an eye for a player............i know you arent convinced and you can pick holes in anyones CV / record but the fact remains we NEED a change .

Lee Johnson is available who was the best thing since sliced bread a year ago..................Nigel Pearson and David Wagner are available , both won promotion from this division..........like i say you could go on and on but we NEED a change and heaven knows we arent an attractive proposition at the moment so maybe even a punt on a young up and comer like Ryan Lowe...............but for every Chris Wilder there are 2 or 3 Paul Hursts.

Its a horrible situation but something NEEDS to change.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

If he's that good why did Chansiri - the most loyal chairman of them all - sack him, boot him out, and kick him out onto the street?

You say loyal chairman, many would say clueless. 

• Like 1

Just now, sheriwozgod said:

I have already nailed my colours to the mast with Paul Cook...............left Wigan, Chesterfield and Portsmouth in a far better state than he found them 

He left Wigan when they got relegated from the Championship to the first division and then went into administration

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I think he has to go but tbh idk.

We don't have the luxury of giving him time.

On the flip side, we'd have to get someone in who is versatile and can do whatever works with this squad successfully.

Only managers who spring to mind are Mick Mccarthy or big Sam, maybe Holloway at a push, but what's the likelihood they'd take the job?

Incredibly low, so I think we have to back him, not that our opinion matters when we're so detached from events at the club

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He left Wigan when they got relegated from the Championship to the first division and then went into administration

lol

Are you alright?

I think everyone's patience is near the end.

He needs to demonstrate he has a plan other than keeping it tight and hoping for a 1-0. 

We're not good enough to do this, and I'd rather get relegated fighting than passively slipping out of the league.

• Like 2