Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?  

602 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - Back Him Or Sack Him?

• BACK him - Monk is the Man!
    • SACK him - Time to go - Monk OUT

I have to be honest today has finally done it for me, I've backed Monk for far too long, unfortunately I just don't see it working out for him here, we didn't even remotely look threatening against a side, who let's be honest, will be lower mid/relegation material and thats the worry. We are getting a good result every so often and it just seems to buy Monk more time and realistically papering the cracks.

I will say though, that the mess we are witnessing on the field, is just the tip of the iceberg as to the real problem at this club.

Year upon year this club seems to enjoy knocking the enthusiasm out of its supporters.

55 minutes ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

What would people's honest reactions be to Carlos returning? 

Should never have left because let’s be honest no body as come close to matching his achievements here since?

• Like 1

I think people are too quick to forget the championship is an unpredictable league, we have a mediocre squad, we have key players Iorfa, Lees, Luongo and Brown out, we have a new look squad that will take time to gel.

From 7 games we have made up 4 points on the team in 21st. On this form that means we are on target to be about level with them after 21 games of a 46 game season. 

The Championship is unpredictable but all I know is its far too early to panic. We are better on the road and things will look a whole lot brighter if we win the next couple.

I'm not saying I'd be opposed to someone like Cookie coming in but there is every danger we get someone worse than Monk if we sack him. All I know is not the time to panic. Another 7 or 8 games will give us a better idea of where we are.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

They went down despite everything Cook did..................not because of it !!

Yeah, think Owlstalk should take up politics with disingenuous replies like that. Forgot to mention that Wigan got a 12 point deduction having been comfortably safe, plus dodgy goings on behind the scenes. 

Guest Bulgaria
54 minutes ago, Alan said:

Over 90% out. I wish this could actually have any impact but unfortunately I think Chansiri not being able to physically see and hear the opinions of the fans on match days will buy him about 5-6 extra games, by which point we will be way too adrift.

Not much suprises me with DC but I would be incredibly surprised if he didn't know how fans felt right now, especially from social media.

Love to be able to give a manager time to build his team and make his mark but we are still chopping and changing and the end product on the park hasn’t even looked like improving. Monk gives me no confidence he knows what he’s doing now and is just winging it in my opinion. 

If anyone else had the home record we have I would be peeing myself, It’s just not good enough and shows no signs of getting better despite different personnel in the back room and on the pitch. He is out of his depth at the minute and sinking fast, we needed to come out fighting at home and he just plays not to concede without any threat going forward. I understand the tactic away if you are going to be under the kosh but at home against Luton you need to be going out for the win.

On another note Bannan needs to be replaced in January, he is just way too negative and slows down play to walking pace. He has a good pass on him but this is negated by the constant dropping deep and slow play. Maybe it’s managers instructions but it infuriates me watching him.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

The poll is a indication at least - but who’s interested in the poll results ?

Just us?

the club?

no one?

Poll means nothing other then knowing if the majority feel the same or not. 

Hell you can have 20,000 fans in the stadium shouting for the manager to go and it doesn't happen. 

Will all depend on compensation due for sacking him, who's available and how Chansiri feels about it. 

But we need something to happen now whilst we still have time. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I think people are too quick to forget the championship is an unpredictable league, we have a mediocre squad, we have key players Iorfa, Lees, Luongo and Brown out, we have a new look squad that will take time to gel.

From 7 games we have made up 4 points on the team in 21st. On this form that means we are on target to be about level with them after 21 games of a 46 game season. 

The Championship is unpredictable but all I know is its far too early to panic. We are better on the road and things will look a whole lot brighter if we win the next couple.

I'm not saying I'd be opposed to someone like Cookie coming in but there is every danger we get someone worse than Monk if we sack him. All I know is not the time to panic. Another 7 or 8 games will give us a better idea of where we are.

who is worse than Monk lol Answers on a postage stamp 

• Haha 2

I wanted him gone at the end of last season after witnessing a string of performances that were as bad as anything I can remember. Tactically he was outhought nearly every weak and seemed way  out of his depth,  also his man management skills left a lot to be desired.

With that in mind I was dissapointed when he was allowed to bring in his own staff as now DC has backed himself into a corner and I can't see him pulling the trigger this season.

I think we are stuck with him and hope that we get enough points to stay up.

• Like 1

He should have gone before the lockdown, failing that at the end of the season. However when he was given his own coaching staff & cleared some of the deadwood I was willing to give him a chance.  

Given our predicament with the points deduction I was encouraged by the recruitment this summer & hoped Monk was going to turn our fortunes around.

Sadly it's now evident that Monk has learned nothing from last season, yes we've got injuries (what team doesn't) but we have no discernible playing system, players are asked to perform in unfamiliar positions or positions they're uncomfortable with. Reasonable standard players are looking poor & devoid of confidence.

If we're going to overcome the points deduction DC needs to act now, but he won't, he'll just keep burying his head in the sand like he does with everything else & leave the decision too late.

• Like 3

One of the things that strikes me about Mr Monk is his selection of a team. Dawson in goal seems to drop a clanger every game, but not dropped? Moses selected as one of three defenders, liability in his own penalty area, why not Palmer? Pelupessy in midfield, has he had one decent game in a Wednesday shirt? Reach and Harris on the wrong wings? It’s entirely arse about face all over the pitch....would anyone on here want to play in this kind of set up? I’m sure we’ve all seen/been part of better organised Sunday league teams than the shambles down at Hillsborough at present.

• Like 2