Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

The problem with playing a big target man is that you tend to go long , more importantly too much depends on him winning and holding up the ball but even if he wins it often the quality of the ball is poor.

Of course you need the ball to stick when it goes forward but you are better off with strong players who can run the channels and stretch a defence rather than someone who spends 90 mins with their back to goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Reading have a fair set of strikers don’t they The commentators were eulogising about Joao’s performance yesterday, but they also have Meite, Puscas, Baldock plus another three strikers in their squad

Could be one of this seasons potential surprise packages or dark horses along with the likes of QPR. Hopefully we will surprise the division too. However, I strongly believe the teams that go up will all be parachute payment clubs. 

2 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Hooper heading back to UK, scored 8 in 21 games 🤓😁

Signing for Kerala Blasters 

chasing the money, fair play to him , not sure he’s fit enough for the championship anymore 

50 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Joao will get injured again soon. Or loose another tooth. 

I really liked Joao. I do wonder if he will look back on his career and think he could have done more though. I remember Carlos saying he started to believe his own hype when he got the Portugal cap, or something along those lines.

Seemed to pick up injuries too. But on his day he was unplayable and he did have a decent goals return for us.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I really liked Joao. I do wonder if he will look back on his career and think he could have done more though. I remember Carlos saying he started to believe his own hype when he got the Portugal cap, or something along those lines.

Seemed to pick up injuries too. But on his day he was unplayable and he did have a decent goals return for us.

Spot on that. He was very good when we battered a decent Arsenal side in the League Cup and had a few other games where he was absolutely razor sharp... unfortunately he had plenty of others where you didn’t even know he was on the pitch. Physically and technically he has all the attributes to make it in the top flight — just seems to be one of those players who has everything except the right mentality to consistently play at the very highest level 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I really think our midfield at the minute with Brown, Bannan and Luongo, may be the best we’ve seen at S6 for a while

To add someone with the potential that Garners got, would be a fantastic bit of business for the club , I also think Alex Hunt is capable of making a contribution this season and would be interesting to see if we would consider loaning him out if we do add to the squad, looks to be rated highly at the club 

And fizz 👍🏻

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

but also goes to show, that even if you don’t fulfil that talent, buying a player with those attributes, will generally be a decent investment There will always be sides who will take a chance on a player like that. I think Joao is the only time in recent history when we have invested in someone like that, clubs like Brentford do it all the time, and no surprise, despite indifferent form, we made a decent profit. Lessons to be learned.

Lessons to be learned.. why are we always 20 years behind the curve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1