Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

44 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Just seen some of Ipswich v Wigan. Like the look of the young Wigan left winger, Solomon-Otabor, very fast direct  and displayed good passing ability. IMO worth looking at.

They’ve only just signed him last week

Interesting seeing views on what we want, arguments can be made for about 5 players.

We need another centre back preferably a left sided one., judging on games this season.

If Loungo is not available replacement at moment is Pelupessy and that is no real replacement so in ideal world another defensive midfield is required.

Although we have a few wing backs we have only one left footer (if Reach not used in this role) and think this is an issue, so I can understand argument for another left wingback.

Clearly at least one short up front. Although a player good in air would be useful the way we play pace is more importnat. If Windass injured it would impact us. Having a pacey striker requires other team to defend deeper and it allows the likes of Rhodes to play nearer opponents goal where he is more effective.

42 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I wonder whether Monk may try and loan out a couple of the younger players to get them regular game time. Might free up space for some incoming loans. 

good idea. Let’s loan out young Westwood.

These days whenever I read that a team is signing some highly rated player I just think back to how the pigs got promoted with Clarke, McGoldrick and Sharp as their strike force.  At the end of the day it can be the team unit you create that gets you promoted not just whether you can sign star players.  Here’s hoping anyway 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

These days whenever I read that a team is signing some highly rated player I just think back to how the pigs got promoted with Clarke, McGoldrick and Sharp as their strike force.  At the end of the day it can be the team unit you create that gets you promoted not just whether you can sign star players.  Here’s hoping anyway 

100% this.

Mainly Sharp and Mcgoldrick. Neither one a target man. Neither one a “focal point”. Neither one particularly quick.  

Clever, hardworking tenacious strikers playing in an actual TEAM. 

People are often way too focused on single attributes.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

100% this.

Mainly Sharp and Mcgoldrick. Neither one a target man. Neither one a “focal point”. Neither one particularly quick.  

Clever, hardworking tenacious strikers playing in an actual TEAM. 

People are often way too focused on single attributes.

We had that in the first year under Carlos, clever mobile strikers, then we signed Fletcher, and our obsession with looking for a big man, has made us more limited