Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Glasgow Times reporting that Derby County and Nottingham Forest target Jacob Murphy wants to join Rangers on loan from Newcastle United this summer.

That’s actually a better move for him For us, he was mainly used as a bits and pieces player, albeit, at times a very effective one Don’t think he sees his immediate future as a wing back

Daily Mail report that striker Kenneth Zohore will hold talks over a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday on Monday.

Manager Slaven Bilic is prepared to let the £8million signing from Cardiff City leave with the Dane failing to have the desired impact at the Hawthorns.

Zohore had interest from Italy and Turkey also but is open to joining Garry Monk at Hillsborough if terms can be agreed.

4 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Zahore 50k a week wages holding up the deal 

I think Izzy is on similar at Chelski but we're only paying 20%, I think this move wouldn't be possible if we were expected to pay the full amount, not just us but for any championship club. 

9 minutes ago, Craig enock said:

Zahore 50k a week wages holding up the deal 

I hope we have other options lined up. Although I like the idea of Zohore, it’s such a key position, that I don’t want us to be playing a waiting game until the end of the window.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I bet he’s not on that much but wages will be an issue for sure and WBA might want a fee.

I think if we were miles apart with WBA as to what we're expected to pay it would be pointless him coming up for talks, all that can be sorted without having to travel. 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I hope we have other options lined up. Although I like the idea of Zohore, it’s such a key position, that I don’t want us to be playing a waiting game until the end of the window.

Absolutely if we have a pay cap in place we have to stick to it, otherwise we will go back to the unrest we have had in the past ie. Nando and Hoops with the Executive box.

10 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

If we add Zohore, Sanderson and another forward we have had a bloody good window. 

Shame we won't get  Garner/Field to replace Pelupussy and couldn't shift Westwood, and Odubajo and Reach but one of the better windows in the past 4 or 5 years 

Energy and industry we are playing with Reach and Odubajo will be required. 

It is possible another defensive midfield player will be required too and although Pelu is not great may have to do a job unless we get another in.

8 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

If we add Zohore, Sanderson and another forward we have had a bloody good window. 

Shame we won't get  Garner/Field to replace Pelupussy and couldn't shift Westwood, and Odubajo and Reach but one of the better windows in the past 4 or 5 years 

I wonder if we’ll still have an interest in Sanderson, now that Monk has decided to play Harris on his correct side? We also have Palmer, Odubajo and Urhoghide, who play there, plus Iorfa who could. 
The left side looks more of a priority to me, especially as Monk sees Reach as more of a central option

• Like 1

Just now, 83owl said:

If he signed for £8m then £50k a week probably isn’t far off.

Cardiff and West Brom are not known as great payers but forwards are expensive. If he is on £50,000 a week it is way too much for a player of his talent.

15 minutes ago, gizowl said:

I think Izzy is on similar at Chelski but we're only paying 20%, I think this move wouldn't be possible if we were expected to pay the full amount, not just us but for any championship club. 

I know these lads aren't on peanuts but I'd be shocked if they were on 50k or anywhere near. More like half that I reckon. Maybe less than half. 

31 minutes ago, gizowl said:

No way will Brown be earning anything like 50k per week.  He’s a Championship journeyman FFS.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if we’ll still have an interest in Sanderson, now that Monk has decided to play Harris on his correct side? We also have Palmer, Odubajo and Urhoghide, who play there, plus Iorfa who could. 
The left side looks more of a priority to me, especially as Monk sees Reach as more of a central option

I really hope we are in for Sanderson as a RWB, RB and CB he has a lot of potential. Would also allow Urgohide to be loaded out or used as a central right sided defensive cover for Iorfa. 

Then Harris/Odubajo can be used on the left. Hopefully Zohore and one other Fwd in means Monk will revert to Reach as LWB too, and the article last week will just be a bit of kidology