Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 hours ago, JOHNHARKES said:

As much as I love Iorfa and no way want to sell if £10m plus comes in you have to sell unfortunately. 

That money reinvested wisely in the team would change our prospects greatly for the better.

Murphy would be a buy and there must be a lot of other good deals to be had in the £1m -£2m range this year. I'm not talking about splashing the cash but sound players at the right price that strengthen our weaker positions and that are the right age to sell on in the future.

It wouldn’t make any sense to sell Iorfa. If staying in this division will be as difficult as some make out, then keeping Iorfa might just make the difference. There are players we could afford to lose, even if we might not want to, but the likes of Iorfa and Bannan, no way

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

It wouldn’t make any sense to sell Iorfa. If staying in this division will be as difficult as some make out, then keeping Iorfa might just make the difference. There are players we could afford to lose, even if we might not want to, but the likes of Iorfa and Bannan, no way

I get what you are saying but, beggars can't be chooses I'm afraid. We have to consider any bids coming in to stay withing PSS or FFP (whatever it is called these days). As mentioned many times over, we should have accepted bids previously and didn't and that is why we started on minus 12.

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

There's hundreds of center Half's in the world Bournemouth could sign so let's start a thread on everyone of them then

Carlos has assessed them all.

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

There's hundreds of center Half's in the world Bournemouth could sign so let's start a thread on everyone of them then

sorry mate.. didn't realize my musings about Bournemouth's transfer policy would antagonize you so much..

Also start a new thread for each one or just keep it in the rumours thread ?

And whilst your right about hundreds of CH's - but not many in Championship at the age they are looking at with experience and potential..   but hey ho.. we can all be idiots.

Sounds as if Wolves want to sell reported Wednesday target, Dion Sanderson, as he’s been left out of their first team, and U23 squads. Not sure if that is good news for us or not, as we probably wanted a loan deal. Huddersfield and Forest apparently interested

37 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Isn't Bannan out of contract next year? If we don't sell him this year he's another one who will walk for free and the club will get grief over. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

sorry mate.. didn't realize my musings about Bournemouth's transfer policy would antagonize you so much..

Also start a new thread for each one or just keep it in the rumours thread ?

And whilst your right about hundreds of CH's - but not many in Championship at the age they are looking at with experience and potential..   but hey ho.. we can all be idiots.

So you know Bournemouth are looking at championship center Half's of a certain age with experience and potential or really you know nothing and just presume

• Like 1

Just now, bladeshater said:

So you know Bournemouth are looking at championship center Half's of a certain age with experience and potential or really you know nothing and just presume

considering they just had a £5m bid for Preston's Ben Davies turned down and now say they are turning to there attention to other targets.. then there is a good chance they are looking at a championship CH around the 25 yr old mark.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nut said:

Isn't Bannan out of contract next year? If we don't sell him this year he's another one who will walk for free and the club will get grief over. 

If he keeps us up, we either offer him an extension, or we let him go, as we have had excellent value out of him. I’m in agreement that in the past we’ve held on to certain players too long, or actually, more pertinently, bought them at the wrong age. I say that because, if you are signing players aged 27-28, as we did, it’s unrealistic that they will have much resale value, unless you offload them straight away. 
While I think Bannan and Iorfa are too important for us to consider bids for, someone like Reach is not. 
Don’t really understand Monk’s stance on this one.