Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

If he arriving in Sheffield to agree terms how’s that work? Surely we’d already agreed terms with West Brom? It’s a loan not a full transfer? Unless wba will only pay a certain amount and we have to make up % I’d difference ? Any one know how it works??

I think it was one of those panic deals where the selling club have you over the barrel, you're in a promotion scrap they've got what you're after and you pay over the odds, Madine for 6 million was another example. 

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if we’ll still have an interest in Sanderson, now that Monk has decided to play Harris on his correct side? We also have Palmer, Odubajo and Urhoghide, who play there, plus Iorfa who could. 
The left side looks more of a priority to me, especially as Monk sees Reach as more of a central option

You’re probably right. We may not even have interest in any fullbacks now. Palmer came on for Penney and has covered there before. Harris can play left or right too.

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

No way will Brown be earning anything like 50k per week.  He’s a Championship journeyman FFS.

Probably on a similar deal to the one Hector was on. Not sure about journeyman, both Brown and Hector are very good at this level

Just now, bladeshater said:

I bet he got a big pay increase on wba promotion

Yeah, that's probably it. I could see a 100% increase say from 25k a week to 50k for the promotion but not 50k in the Champ. And it'd be ridiculous for him pr his agent to think they could get anywhere near 50k a week at this level. 

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

No way will Brown be earning anything like 50k per week.  He’s a Championship journeyman FFS.

Well my source is a top bloke who is often seen on TV but if you're part of the management you must know best :tango:🖕

Just now, Mick70 said:

Hector looked shakey yesterday just shows the jump in class 

Agree, I think both Hector and Brown might find Premier League football a step too far. You never know though, they are as good as some of the United players who held their own in that division

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

If he arriving in Sheffield to agree terms how’s that work? Surely we’d already agreed terms with West Brom? It’s a loan not a full transfer? Unless wba will only pay a certain amount and we have to make up % I’d difference ? Any one know how it works??

Well, they probably have agreed some terms if he's meeting up. It's just likely that the journos are a few days behind as they always are. It's pretty much impossible to be up to date with the deal unless you are the agent or player themselves. All this most likely occurred midweek. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Agree, I think both Hector and Brown might find Premier League football a step too far. You never know though, they are as good as some of the United players who held their own in that division

Really think if we have a good season brown might stay? Sometimes a player needs to feel settled ? We ob won’t be going up but brown very much like hector and quite a few others very good at this level then don’t look anywhere near good enough for the jump above?

13 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

On a  serious note, don't forget when he signed his contract at Chelsea 3 or 4 yrs ago he was a top prospect his 1st loan was at Brighton I think, they will have paid a lot more for his loan than what we have because his career has not panned out like Chelsea hoped it would. 

Edited by gizowl