Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

If Zohore is on £50k a week and still has three years to run on his contract, then I can’t see him coming here unless West Brom are prepared to fill the boot of his car with cash before he leaves......

The only way it can happen is wba pay a good part of his wages

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The only way it can happen is wba pay a good part of his wages

You have to look at it from their point of view.

If he doesn’t fit in with their plans then it’s better than having him twiddling his thumbs, maintaining fitness, potentially increasing future value and getting a chunk of his wages paid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

You have to look at it from their point of view.

If he doesn’t fit in with their plans then it’s better than having him twiddling his thumbs, maintaining fitness, potentially increasing future value and getting a chunk of his wages paid.

Exactly   they know full well they've paid well over the odds probably alot of the cost was provisional on promotion, realistically he's not premiership quality so get him out to play regular football keep fit and at some point on a permanent deal where they can recoup some of their outlay. 

If it was an option, I think we could find better than Zohore on the continent, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if we land him. At least it’s a targeted signing, and he has a lot of the attributes Monk is looking for, unlike some of the other signings, like Rhodes and Winnall for example. 

Edited by gurujuan

16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't particularly want a player on 50k a week, he will have no hunger and he reportedly plays like that anyway, go for someone else

I live in Walsall and have a few mates that are West Brom season ticket holders and none of them have anything positive to say about Zohore.

I stated that he hadn’t impressed me that much at Cardiff or West Brom and this is the response from one of them...

“Can only agree. He might be the type of player however who would work better in a two - which we have never afforded him a chance in so doing. For a big, tall chap he does need to learn how to use his body mass to a better effect. The potential is there - it just needs to be coaxed out of him......step in Gary Monk 🤔

However, they all agreed that they also hadn’t got a good word for Jacob Murphy either during his time with them and that he looked a totally different player during his time at Wednesday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds a big risk to me, unless he Is prepared to come here on a salary in line with our current budget. 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I live in Walsall and have a few mates that are West Brom season ticket holders and none of them have anything positive to say about Zohore.

I stated that he hadn’t impressed me that much at Cardiff or West Brom and this is the response from one of them...

“Can only agree. He might be the type of player however who would work better in a two - which we have never afforded him a chance in so doing. For a big, tall chap he does need to learn how to use his body mass to a better effect. The potential is there - it just needs to be coaxed out of him......step in Gary Monk 🤔

However, they all agreed that they also hadn’t got a good word for Jacob Murphy either during his time with them and that he looked a totally different player during his time at Wednesday 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sounds a big risk to me, unless he Is prepared to come here on a salary in line with our current budget. 🤔

Exactly this.  I agreed with the WBA lads who post on here and warned us about Murphy for the first half of last season.  He was shiiiite and extremely frustrating but really did turn it around.

Players go stale, need new ideas and fresh challenges.  Whoever thought that the useless piece of shiiiite that was Leon Clarke would do what he did against us for United?

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

If he comes it suggests the complete opposite.

Be quite easy for him to turn up to training every day, throw it off, never play and take his money at WBA.

See what your saying and IF he has that attitude (obviously we don't know yet) I don't want him anywhere near our club.

Edited by Ray Von shabba