Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't particularly want a player on 50k a week, he will have no hunger and he reportedly plays like that anyway, go for someone else

I can’t see us even being involved in talks at that level. Most of our signings seem to be estimated around 10-15k pw as a first team player, perhaps higher if an exceptional signing. But a jump to that kind of money would undo everything and disrupt the squad. Also with reduced income no one will pay it. 

One thing I have learned from speaking to people who have been ITK is that the numbers for wages and fees put in the press are almost entirely guesswork.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he is arriving for talks that to me sounds like either we have agreed a fee and it’s his wages to be agreed( with our new budget ) he must be in our range? Or it’s a loan where wba have agreed a % of his wages ( 50%) arguments sss as me and now we have to sort a deal with him where we pay a % of what’s left? So in theory he could be taking a pay cut to come here ? I mate of my brother worked in Brum yrs ago and knew Roger Johnson he took a big pay cut to come to us on loan under Dave Jones because he wanted to play ? We paid half his wages and he stood to other half ? 

49 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Cardiff fans said Zohore never won a header for them in all his time playing. 

Nobody has anything good to say about him from what I’ve seen. Really don’t want another waster on big money and an ego to match 

Edited by shez owl
  • Like 1

controversial but With the money suggested surely we can get Wickham on a loan with a view to permanent isn’t he in his last year? 

that said there’s no way club is paying 8million ( as wba didn’t ) and that we would pay 50k a week 

probably not even coming for talks on Monday too 

but I 100% trust our recruitment this year the think the players have been excellent and the team spirit has been a huge transformation 

Cardiff looked very poor yesterday is that a testimony to our workmanlike winning attitude I hope so 

Zohore would be an excellent signing 

8 minutes ago, fpowl said:

controversial but With the money suggested surely we can get Wickham on a loan with a view to permanent isn’t he in his last year? 

Wickham can’t stay fit,  yeah he’s a good fit personality wise and would love to come back but I think it would be a massive gamble for us to take with his fitness record ,  did look sharp towards the end of last season but yet again he’s injured and would be starting from scratch 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Zohore, Garner and another wing back option would be ideal.  Hopefully yesterday’s positive start helps players choose us despite how the table looks 

A valid point, keep the positive start going and transfer targets will look at us in a different light.

26 minutes ago, fpowl said:

that said there’s no way club is paying 8million ( as wba didn’t ) and that we would pay 50k a week 

but I 100% trust our recruitment this year the think the players have been excellent and the team spirit has been a huge transformation 

Cardiff looked very poor yesterday is that a testimony to our workmanlike winning attitude I hope so 

Looking on WBA Forum they didn't pay 8m, that's including add ons

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Zohore, Garner and another wing back option would be ideal.  Hopefully yesterday’s positive start helps players choose us despite how the table looks 

I really think our midfield at the minute with Brown, Bannan and Luongo, may be the best we’ve seen at S6 for a while

To add someone with the potential that Garners got, would be a fantastic bit of business for the club , I also think Alex Hunt is capable of making a contribution this season and would be interesting to see if we would consider loaning him out if we do add to the squad, looks to be rated highly at the club 

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally think Kachunga is the replacement for Da Cruz. Already he looks a better player than him! 

Don’t think there was much to debate on that one even before seeing Kachunga, anyone who seen a bit of him at Huddersfield would’ve seen he’s a better player than Da Cruz ,  who i don’t think was a terrible player ..and we lost nowt having a look at him , but not championship standard 

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Why would we want Wickham back 

• Like 3