SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

When you get to that age, I think you've pretty much got to prove yourself season after season. 

If Gregory starts this season in good form and is banging in goals, then slap a new deal in front of him. 

It's not in our interests imo to be tying ourselves down to multiple year deals for blokes in their mid 30s. 

Couldn’t agree more.

Unfortunately you’re running year to year from about 32/33. Players don’t get fitter and better into their 30s so as much as I like Gregory I’d hold off and like you say if if he’s scoring and still being a key player post Christmas I’d then possibly look into extending until 2024. 

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Couldn’t agree more.

Unfortunately you’re running year to year from about 32/33. Players don’t get fitter and better into their 30s so as much as I like Gregory I’d hold off and like you say if if he’s scoring and still being a key player post Christmas I’d then possibly look into extending until 2024. 

Quite. 

You hear many players say in their 30s that it suddenly just goes and that they're done. 

Given our recent history, it would be very silly imo to be offering multiple year deals to the more senior players.

Honestly, if someone in the Championship is willing to cough up to say a  million (and he wants out), then you let him go. Good player, but we need to get used to the idea of wheeling and dealing, refreshing our squad. 

Does makes you wonder about the sort of markets, talent pools some Championship teams are operating in this season. I rate Gregory, but I'm not sure I'd be exactly thrilled if he was a top target and we were in the Champ. 

• Like 3

Just now, SiJ said:

Quite. 

You hear many players say in their 30s that it suddenly just goes and that they're done. 

Given our recent history, it would be very silly imo to be offering multiple year deals to the more senior players.

Honestly, if someone in the Championship is willing to cough up to say a  million (and he wants out), then you let him go. Good player, but we need to get used to the idea of wheeling and dealing, refreshing our squad. 

Does makes you wonder about the sort of markets, talent pools some Championship teams are operating in this season. I rate Gregory, but I'm not sure I'd be exactly thrilled if he was a top target and we were in the Champ. 

You certainly wouldn’t want to be putting cash down on a player who turns 34 in just over a months time. 

Middlesbrough supporters response to being linked with Gregory wasn’t exactly excitement. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Shrewsbury Town have pulled off the statement free transfer signing of former Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan central defender Chey Dunkley.

Cracking signing for Shrewsbury.

Good move for Dunkley. Stays in League One. Two (plus one) year deal. Close to home.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

Not all clauses are profit based. Some, potentially this one, are a percentage on future sale. Liverpool put a lot of the latter in.

We won’t know until it happens. If it’s 20% on a sale then great. If it’s 20% on profit then oh well.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/07/ings-ward-brewster-alberto-liverpool-transfer-contracts/amp/

I bet Liverpool can’t wait for the 37p and one-fifth of a Kit Kat Chunky they’ll get when the Pigs sell Brewster lol

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

I dont think sell on clauses work like that it is usually x% of anything paid over and above what you paid.

Putting in to practice, you are getting him cheaper than what we think he is worth and want a slice of the pie if you make money on him in the future.

I think one of the local journalist's reported a few weeks back that it was a straight 20% of the sale and not on the profit.

1 hour ago, Swfcsi said:

This could have legs I've seen the Rotherham fans that are saying it ,I'm no ITK but I did take a picture as proof 

L_-fvI7TzVNGffwedmVcF0hJRXr3gOlQMlcGy2UcL3w.png

8 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I've definitely seen them two in Thrybergh 

Nah it's those twin sisters that live at Canklow.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, SUAOwl said:

Well, at least the people on here complaining about us signing *too many* quality strikers will be happy. 🙄

Does anybody remember the cryptic message between Wils and Josh Windass??? Either Instagram or twitter or summat? 

• Like 1

Reportedly Wilks wants to come, now up to Hull.

Their comments remind me a little of DC early doors when valuing players, a little naïve,  but their prerogative as he is under contract. 

I think we all knew £200k was cheap, maybe a deal to be done somewhere between that and £400k.

I would like us to move on to other options though if they are messing about. Ideally we'd want players in and to have a run out this weekend or vs Harrogate before we go to Portugal. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, striker said:

Reportedly Wilks wants to come, now up to Hull.

Their comments remind me a little of DC early doors when valuing players, a little naïve,  but their prerogative as he is under contract. 

I think we all knew £200k was cheap, maybe a deal to be done somewhere between that and £400k.

I would like us to move on to other options though if they are messing about. Ideally we'd want players in and to have a run out this weekend or vs Harrogate before we go to Portugal. 

Agree apart from if you already agreed a price then seller wants to up? For first time in a few yrs we can dictate wot we pay? Wills is a good player and I’d like him here but you negotiate before shaking hands on a done deal ?