SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

12 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Really? All footballer players are motivated entirely by money and nothing else? 

Just robots driven by their bank balance with no concern for anything else.

No footballer has ever considered their family when they make a move and whether it suits them?

No footballer has ever considered the city they would be moving too and whether they want to live there?

No footballer has ever considered the club set up and training facilities?

No footballer has ever considered the manager and coaching staff and whether the move would be good for their career?

No footballer has ever considered whether the club is competitive and whether they might win things if they moved there?

No footballer has ever considered the fan base and whay they might be like to play in front of?

Is thay seriously what you think?

Im sure players consider all these things and more, but its always about the money on offer, sometimes its worth the move above all other considerations, sometimes its not. 

Pretty sure Oscar said the same when he went to China, accepted he was missing out on a lot, but the money offered was too good to turn down. 

Dont think he would have gone for a 1000 per week rise not worth it, but for a league 1 player different ball game. 

I get what your saying if offers are pretty much the same then a player might take a slightly lower wage for other factors. 

Strange how it was supposedly a done deal on Friday according to reports. Can't believe Wilks was given permission to speak to us before a fee was agreed between the clubs. Have Hull decided to up their asking price? If so, I'd fully understand us pulling out of the deal. 

3 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Someone raised a fair point that now the Hull chairmans made this public then DC probs won’t wanna play ball.

So yes the deals probably dead 

Based on the fact that Hull are saying the deal is very close to completion! 

Cant see that bothering DC, its very different when clubs do their bidding for our players through the media.

42 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Really? All footballer players are motivated entirely by money and nothing else? 

Just robots driven by their bank balance with no concern for anything else.

No footballer has ever considered their family when they make a move and whether it suits them?

No footballer has ever considered the city they would be moving too and whether they want to live there?

No footballer has ever considered the club set up and training facilities?

No footballer has ever considered the manager and coaching staff and whether the move would be good for their career?

No footballer has ever considered whether the club is competitive and whether they might win things if they moved there?

No footballer has ever considered the fan base and whay they might be like to play in front of?

Is thay seriously what you think?

Of course they consider them things, but not as much as they consider who’s providing the most lucrative long term contract 

Odd exception I’ll give you that, but on the whole I 100% believe it’s about money,  Malik Wilks will go to whoever pays Hull the most money and whoever offers him the biggest salary 

Same as managers,  money money money 

Remember when Zodiac Chairman Tony Xia was at Villa and pulled the plugged on Joe Bennett signing for us for free after we’d beat them first game of the season. 

Seems like something similar. He’s probably realised we were getting a relative steal. 

He's under contract with Hull so we wouldn't have been able to talk to him without their agreement in the first place. That would suggest a ballpark fee must have been at least  discussed. IMO Mr C is not budging on the fee and they're just trying to make it as public as possible to flush out any other interest.

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I said last week that DC was not playing ball with Hulls transfer fee demands 

Clubs do not allow their players to speak to other clubs if a deal has not been agreed, ordinarily.

I think Hull have upped their demands.  Could understand it if DC says no to that if an agreement had already been reached. A pity as the player wants to come but we should not be held to ransom.

Not the kind of comment DC will like as he will take it as disrepect to be fair so i can understand if dc not wanting to keep going and player wants to come and be hear as if look who they are linked with wilks might not get in that team 

Wilks is a player I'd like us to sign, even with a slightly increased offer, value for money  IMO.

Hull's comments don't sit right with me though, sounds like they are moving the goalposts in the deal. 

Expect it will get done as an undisclosed fee.

Edited by striker

Sounds like Hull have moved the goal posts then. 

Not sure I’d be willing to deal with people who do business that way, clearly didn’t value their player correctly. It was obvious to most fans that £200,000 was a steal.