SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 hours ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Wales online reporting we are in for Swansea striker Kyle Joseph

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-news-sheffield-24332181

I’d be very happy with this. Looks like he’s available on a full transfer. Portsmouth have been sniffing round for a while but if we could nip him and get him I think it’s worth the gamble. He’s young and not proven but it’s exactly the type of chance we need to be taking on a young promising players. 

• Like 1

After the news of us being the worst run club in Europe financially, is it wise to go chasing a player over the odds? Yes 200k did seem a steal, but anything north of 500k would start to worry me a bit, based on the news from yesterday. There's got to be hundreds of players out of contract, and hundreds of players available for loans from Prem sides, i wouldn't go chasing a signing that will demand a fee if it's dangerous territory. 

Just now, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

wouldnt be a bad signing . They just lost roose to Aberdeen so don’t think they have a keeper . 

wildsmith a steady keeper and would do a job for most sides

Yes, good move for him.

They're obviously desperate, I don't mean that in a derogatory way to Wildsmith, what I mean he is likely to get games, which is what he needs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

wouldnt be a bad signing . They just lost roose to Aberdeen so don’t think they have a keeper . 

wildsmith a steady keeper and would do a job for most sides

Goes to show how much Derby are struggling when they are looking at our 3rd choice keeper who we have just released 

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Goes to show how much Derby are struggling when they are looking at our 3rd choice keeper who we have just released 

Like us last year, needs must to an extent.

Assume they are restricted to frees and likely a wage cap, also a few weeks behind everyone else in terms of recruitment.

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

would be gutted to lose Gregory . No mention of sides in for him though so no concerns at present.  Think he will stay anyway we had a few sides linked at the start of the window didn’t we and he stayed . Sheffield lad and all that 

56 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

After the news of us being the worst run club in Europe financially, is it wise to go chasing a player over the odds? Yes 200k did seem a steal, but anything north of 500k would start to worry me a bit, based on the news from yesterday. There's got to be hundreds of players out of contract, and hundreds of players available for loans from Prem sides, i wouldn't go chasing a signing that will demand a fee if it's dangerous territory. 

Where were you when we signed JR?

11 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Gee willikers  we haven't spent owt on incoming transfers yet ffs 🙄 

Would you rather spend money we don't have?

In every other walk of life getting a good deal or a freebie is considered excellent but some football fans for some reason want their club to spend millions they haven't got. It's very odd 

• Like 1

I'd surprised if Gregory leaves, but given we've signed Smith, and potentially look close to signing Wilks, from the club's perspective, at the right price, there might be a deal to be done.

Given his form last season, you can see why he'd attract interest, and the opportunity to get around the £1m mark (which I think would be a fair price for a 33 year old), might be too much for Wednesday to turn down (and represent a affordable gamble for many Championship clubs). It presents an opportunity to reinvest in potentially a younger striker who could represent a sell on value later down the line.

Like others have said, I'm not sure Gregory would be particularly keen on leaving...but everybody has their price.

• Like 1