SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Only links I’ve seen are for wilks , purrington and cadden but nothing in last few days suggests we’re close to any . 

could be an out of the blue transfer that comes through . Because we signed 5 early we’re not in a bad place and not playing catch up . 3-4 more signings should be enough . 

13 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

My mates a season ticket holder at FGR, and he's always absolutely raved about Cadden...says he has a wand of a left foot! Great in dead ball situations, and comfortably says he's their best player...but, he's very slow.

Cheers that’s interesting if we are trying to sign him.

Pace as a wing back seems a requirement but I guess if he’s astute with his positional sense and has a great delivery that may cancel our the lack of pace.

Probably sign for Oxford now

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

very decent players for this level. Shame they are getting taken over. 

not sure they can afford those players tbh.

Also look like points deductions for illegal player payments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10961729/Derby-County-face-points-deduction-season.html

Edited by Doctor Duran

21 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

not sure they can afford those players tbh.

Also look like points deductions for illegal player payments

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10961729/Derby-County-face-points-deduction-season.html

Not sure they will be docked points TBH, suggestion is that as it was paid to administrators and not directly dispersed wouldn't accrue a penalty. That's up to EFL to decide though as it is very murky.

Re players, lots of those were lined up when the Kirchner deal was going through. Not sure they will be paying the same kind of wages now, although desperate for numbers and may need to whether they can afford it or not. 

If EFL ratify a load of new signings on big wages after the issues Derby have had for the last 10 months or so, beggars belief. 

46 minutes ago, striker said:

Not sure they will be docked points TBH, suggestion is that as it was paid to administrators and not directly dispersed wouldn't accrue a penalty. That's up to EFL to decide though as it is very murky.

Re players, lots of those were lined up when the Kirchner deal was going through. Not sure they will be paying the same kind of wages now, although desperate for numbers and may need to whether they can afford it or not. 

If EFL ratify a load of new signings on big wages after the issues Derby have had for the last 10 months or so, beggars belief. 

Definitely

Pretty sure they'll have to operate under some transfer restrictions. Can't imagine they'll be allowed to spend transfer fees

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TbagMcgraw said:

My mates a season ticket holder at FGR, and he's always absolutely raved about Cadden...says he has a wand of a left foot! Great in dead ball situations, and comfortably says he's their best player...but, he's very slow.

I've been hoping for Cadden but if pace is an issue then not sure it will work for us. We need WB's who can get up and down all day.

Still need another WB or two through the door surely. We are way too reliant on Hunt and Marv in those areas right now.

• Like 1

Not saying Fifa is never wrong but it’s generally a decent source and it has cadden as having 86 pace for a bronze card which is very quick . Not sure how they could be so wrong if he’s apparently slow . Videos I’ve seen he doesn’t look slow either so not sure on that one 

12 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

More news outlets picking up on the Kyle Joseph links between us and Portsmouth it's saying ..

You mean the likes of Alex Miller etc, have read all yesterdays football pages online and found out another Journo has linked us with a player (Walesonline)! We could all do their job!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Owl in Manc said:

You mean the likes of Alex Miller etc, have read all yesterdays football pages online and found out another Journo has linked us with a player (Walesonline)! We could all do their job!

Of course my follow up to this sort of comment is - why don’t you then ? If it’s that easy , just do it and earn yourself some more money.

10 minutes ago, Owl in Manc said:

They write some good stuff but I don’t like when it’s a copy and paste article in relation to something someone else has wrote. Rotherham Advertiser did 2 great interviews with Smith & Ihiekwe and you had to pay 0.20p to read each one. The next day the Sheffield Star has taken all the quotes and done their own article on someone else’s interview. 

Last week they wrote 2 stories on articles based off a Twitter account that took me 20 minutes to realise was fake and found the original user of the profile photo. 

• Like 3

Think a left wing back is actually one of our priorities before the season starts. That's no slight on Johnson, he's been superb for us. But in every position if we play 3-5-2 we have decent cover all over the pitch apart from left wing back and arguably the back 3. Up top we have 4 options for a front 2, centre mid we have 5 options for 3 places, right wing back we have Hunt and Palmer. Centre back maybe 4 or 5 options if you include Brennan. Left wing back i think we need cover, Johnson is a fit boy but towards the end of the season he looked dead on his feet. Cadden looks to fit the bill, as would that Purrington lad from Charlton. Be happy with either of them to back up Johnson

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Of course my follow up to this sort of comment is - why don’t you then ? If it’s that easy , just do it and earn yourself some more money.

I think from the outside it's a closed shop, to work for someone like the Star you'd need a university degree etc, then you look at the work @FootballTyper does, he's  got a good reliable source and puts out good information and content.

Yesterday it was "i believe the kit launch is imminent" after seeing a photo online of a box of SWFC kit at the depop.
Now the Kyle Joseph link.

Another one this season was "breaking" the news of a signing when Att had already followed them on instagram which is our modern day confirmation
In Jan they put a name out there and within a few hours they said it wasn't true and he signed for a team down the pyramid, basically contradicted themselves within a few hours after breaking it.

The Star lads i think are a bit more out of the loop nowadays since Chansiri took over.

They didn't know anything about Smith and Iheikwie it was Rob Staton who broke that about them signing, pretty sure @FootballTyper broke about Iheikwie at first.