SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

8 minutes ago, punkyhorrors said:

He been told he can go as well that he not really in there plans for next season come from a hull mate of mine they all thought it was done and dusted too 

Not really in their interest to have an unsettled player on their books that has no place in their squad. They must have agreed a fee before letting the player discuss terms with us. Sounds like this lot of owners as bad as their last lot.

So to summerise Wilks if he produces the form at Barnsley and Hull in league one could score double figure goals and assists, helping us to promotion and giving the club £6-7m more in tv money and solidarity payments from being in the championship.

But instead we are currently haggling over a few hundred k, makes complete sense when DC is involved in the deal.

Wilks record in league one seasons, full stats

18/19 55 games, 16 goals, 12 assists

20/21 50 games, 22 goals, 9 assists.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Not sure on this one........speak to a Hull fan through work and I asked him about Wilks , his synopsis was ;

Good player on his day who would do well at league 1 level , but can be a bit bertie big bo***ks with his attitude.

If his attitude is bad then what think it will be now if he thought the deal was done 

• Like 2

Don’t think we will throw the baby out with the bath water 

on this

and it seems like wilks is destined to leave hull and they are just making this public in this way to drive the price up 

question Is how long do we leave it? 
how much do we value wilks or what are we willing to pay?

how much do hull want?

my guess is if no bids come in wilks will be with us for bit far off what’s been offered 

and if wilks really wants to come here. He might not be interested in even speaking to anyone else 

his agent will deal with that if other teams show their interest in him

• Like 1

Wilks is a good player at this level but as I said in another thread, I think we weee starting to collect one too many strikers so I wouldn’t be too bothered if he didn’t sign.

Gregory, Windass, Smith and Paterson are all capable of hitting over 15 goals each at this level given the game time.

17 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Not sure on this one........speak to a Hull fan through work and I asked him about Wilks , his synopsis was ;

Good player on his day who would do well at league 1 level , but can be a bit bertie big bo***ks with his attitude.

My Dingle mates say exactly the same tbf

1 minute ago, Johnny Concrete said:

What I don't understand is how can we have spoken to Wilks and agreed personal terms, if a fee hasn't yet been agreed?

seems like it's the way it's going at the minute, plenty of high profile deals this summer have been done like this.

Crazy really

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

Wales online reporting we are in for Swansea striker Kyle Joseph

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-news-sheffield-24332181

This will please those wanting to sign youth 

personally I don’t know anything about him apart from what I’ve just read in that link 

but I trust in our recruiting and it looks like a position I expected us to sign ( as well as wilks ) another wide forward but can also play wingback 

moore kind of player 

plus he doesn’t need to be registered as part of squad due to his age 

Be interesting to see if this is a loan with him having a lengthy contract still and him being recalled last year and making 10 appearances, it doesn’t sound cheap to sign permanently 

16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Wilks is a good player at this level but as I said in another thread, I think we weee starting to collect one too many strikers so I wouldn’t be too bothered if he didn’t sign.

Gregory, Windass, Smith and Paterson are all capable of hitting over 15 goals each at this level given the game time.

I think we will add two more strikes/ forwards to our current 4 

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

just don't feel paterson as a striker. Rather have Wilkes

• Like 2