SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

50 minutes ago, striker said:

Reportedly Wilks wants to come, now up to Hull.

Their comments remind me a little of DC early doors when valuing players, a little naïve,  but their prerogative as he is under contract. 

I think we all knew £200k was cheap, maybe a deal to be done somewhere between that and £400k.

I would like us to move on to other options though if they are messing about. Ideally we'd want players in and to have a run out this weekend or vs Harrogate before we go to Portugal. 

£200,000 did seem stupidly cheap.

It does look like Hull undervalued him and saw the reaction over the weekend which has led to the goalposts being moved. 

I think it will still get done myself. I don’t think you’ll find someone of his age with 2 very good goal scoring seasons at this level for under £1m. However I wouldn’t be fussed if Wednesday did walk away from the deal now. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Agree apart from if you already agreed a price then seller wants to up? For first time in a few yrs we can dictate wot we pay? Wills is a good player and I’d like him here but you negotiate before shaking hands on a done deal ? 

Agree 100%. 

Depends how much we want the player. Do we cut our nose off to spite our face, or suck it up and get the deal done. 

Personally, I'd tell Hull to go f**k themselves on principle, but that's one of many reasons why I'd be a terrible football club owner. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree 100%. 

Depends how much we want the player. Do we cut our nose off to spite our face, or suck it up and get the deal done. 

Personally, I'd tell Hull to go f**k themselves on principle, but that's one of many reasons why I'd be a terrible football club owner. 

Actually had DC taken that approach to transfers when quoted prices for some of the players he's bought, he'd have been a better owner and we'd have less of a financial problem.

• Like 1

Realistically, we need:

At least one CB

One LWB/LB

At least one wide attacker (winger/forward)

From there, it's just about cherry picking the market, maybe adding another striker in, more midfield cover and another centre-back but only of the best quality. Loans can fill most of these.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Season coming round fast and still a lot of work to be done in regards new signings. Things seem to have gone a bit quiet on rumours etc. 

We have actually signed five players for the first team and a number of younger players have been given contracts. Good going IMO.

We always sign a player or two without advance warning too, so I think lots of work going on in background.

Still think we need 2 centre backs minimum myself. One to play in the middle of a 3, someone experienced. Another who can play LCB, although I think this is a tough role to recruit due to demand. I had a look through a few who could be available and it’s not littered with options. Here’s a few that caught my eye. 

Naby Sarr - Huddersfield 

6ft 6, left footed, French CB has just been released by Huddersfield. At 28 years old he has made 100 Championship appearances. Won promotion from L1 with Charlton during 18/19. Fits the sort of profile we are after. Possible Championship interest maybe. 

Akin Famewo - Norwich

Highly rated at Luton he was snapped up by Norwich in 2019 for an undisclosed fee. Left footed CB who impressed on loan playing 37 times for Charlton in L1 during 21/22 & 22 times in 20/21. Charlton had the option to make the transfer permanent but have not taken up the option to the surprise of Charlton supporters. 

Hayden Roberts - Brighton

Left footed CB, linked during Jan 2022. Previously been on loan at Rochdale in L1 during 20/21. Played EFL cup James during 21/22 for Brighton whilst also appearing on the bench numerous times but yet to make PL debut.

Jordan Thorniley - Blackpool

Former Wednesday man is now 25. Played 21 times on loan at Oxford during 21/22 before being recalled by Blackpool due to injuries and also the possibility on being included in a deal for Cameron Brannigan that fell through. He did go on to make 13 Championship appearances after the recall but now is left with 12 months left on his contract. Also played 19 times during the Blackpool’s L1 promotion during 20/21.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Still think we need 2 centre backs minimum myself. One to play in the middle of a 3, someone experienced. Another who can play LCB, although I think this is a tough role to recruit due to demand. I had a look through a few who could be available and it’s not littered with options. Here’s a few that caught my eye. 

Naby Sarr - Huddersfield 

6ft 6, left footed, French CB has just been released by Huddersfield. At 28 years old he has made 100 Championship appearances. Won promotion from L1 with Charlton during 18/19. Fits the sort of profile we are after. Possible Championship interest maybe. 

Akin Famewo - Norwich

Highly rated at Luton he was snapped up by Norwich in 2019 for an undisclosed fee. Left footed CB who impressed on loan playing 37 times for Charlton in L1 during 21/22 & 22 times in 20/21. Charlton had the option to make the transfer permanent but have not taken up the option to the surprise of Charlton supporters. 

Hayden Roberts - Brighton

Left footed CB, linked during Jan 2022. Previously been on loan at Rochdale in L1 during 20/21. Played EFL cup James during 21/22 for Brighton whilst also appearing on the bench numerous times but yet to make PL debut.

Jordan Thorniley - Blackpool

Former Wednesday man is now 25. Played 21 times on loan at Oxford during 21/22 before being recalled by Blackpool due to injuries and also the possibility on being included in a deal for Cameron Brannigan that fell through. He did go on to make 13 Championship appearances after the recall but now is left with 12 months left on his contract. Also played 19 times during the Blackpool’s L1 promotion during 20/21.

I’d be very shocked if we weren’t in for Roberts should he be available.

I would like us to go back in for Gibson but would have liked him in early for a full pre season. 

After that we need another CB. 2 wing backs and an attacker and that’s if we sign Wilks.

We also need to get moving on the outs front aswell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Season coming round fast and still a lot of work to be done in regards new signings. Things seem to have gone a bit quiet on rumours etc. 

Waltham having his annual pre season 

breakdown 

• Haha 3

Not sure if it’s already been posted in here because I can’t be bothered going back through the pages, but apparently Alfie Mawson is close to signing for Wycombe? Be a hell of a signing for league 1. Can’t imagine he’d be on much cash there either? Feel like we’ve missed a trick, would be our best centre back by a mile 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I’d be very shocked if we weren’t in for Roberts should he be available.

I would like us to go back in for Gibson but would have liked him in early for a full pre season. 

After that we need another CB. 2 wing backs and an attacker and that’s if we sign Wilks.

We also need to get moving on the outs front aswell. 

I’d like Gibson as well. From what little we saw of him you could see there was a player there. 

Be interesting to see if he turns down a new deal at Everton. If he does sign a new deal he just ends up on loan in L1 again, when he may as well just find a permanent club.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Not sure if it’s already been posted in here because I can’t be bothered going back through the pages, but apparently Alfie Mawson is close to signing for Wycombe? Be a hell of a signing for league 1. Can’t imagine he’d be on much cash there either? Feel like we’ve missed a trick, would be our best centre back by a mile 

If we wanted him we would have got him !! Better players are already in and coming in ! #uto 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Good luck Sam 

would be an excellent move for him. Hope he gets a deal. Still don’t think we should have let him go, definitely still had something to offer, leaving and possibly getting a deal in the league above shows that. 

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I suggested Mawson about a month ago in this thread but was laughed at, there was no chance he would drop to League 1.

• Like 2