RETAINED LIST

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Replacing a 32 year old with a 31 year old is a funny way of lowering the age of the squad…

But, yeah I think Dean would be a good replacement. If he can stay bloody fit. 

Dean is 30.

He's almost exactly two years younger than Hutchinson, and hasn't had a career played by injury like Sam has. 

There should be a good few years left in him yet.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Exeter can't get anywhere near Dawson's wages, they have a wage cap of something like 3k a week there. He'd have to take an enormous wage cut. 

Dawson probably realises that he has to take one if he wants to have a career. Still young for a keeper and unfortunately needs to have a fresh start elsewhere. He would not survive his first mistake here.

I think this news can put to bed the idea that we are going to be splashing the cash.

In fact it probably says we haven't got a pot to ******** in and are on a cost cutting exercise.

Surely if money wasn't tight we would have offered Hutch a new deal, it just doesn't make any sense unless it's down to cost cutting.

I have a feeling we might loose a few more players to 'undisclosed fees' before the season starts, only to be replaced by players released from other Division 1 and 2 clubs, worrying times ahead.

Really don't understand the outcry from some over Hutchinson.

He's missed 18 games this season, and made mistakes in the games he has played.

Another one coming towards the end of his career, his fitness levels will only get worse.

Very sensible from the club, now replace him with some young and hungry talent that can play all season and defend set pieces.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

I bet the contracts offered are on reduced terms to all.

I wonder who is under contract we may be looking to offload too, given comments by Chansiri.

Brown and Sow need shifting from the contracted players

I’d also look to shift Patterson as well

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, markg said:

Shame about berahino. Thought he looked well worth another year 

Could it be that We would have offered new deal if we got promoted as his demands might be too high for us while We are in League One ?!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dean is 30.

He's almost exactly two years younger than Hutchinson, and hasn't had a career played by injury like Sam has. 

There should be a good few years left in him yet.

He is 31 before the new season starts and only managed 6 games for us in his time here.

A two year age gap is not reducing the overall age of the squad.

lol

Edited by SallyCinnamon

4 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Change of formation maybe? Hutch would struggle in a back 4.

I wouldn't be against it, but just doesn't suit us. We performed much better 352 and would be foolish to change. 

Now we have a way of playing, let's recruit to that and strengthen, not try to embed another new formation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Could it be that We would have offered new deal if we got promoted as his demands might be too high for us while We are in League One ?!

Yeah I guess that’s possible. 
I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at a championship club 

Giving Wildsmith a new contract is ridiculous and I think we should all be worried about going with Dawson and Wildsmith as our 2 keepers next season. I want top 2 next season but the keeper situation concerns me. 

I would’ve given hutch a new contract as well. As it stands, we need too many centre halves now. Hutch is a leader and is more than good enough for us. I want to reduce the age of the squad but we also need some experience as well. 

Dunkley and Berahino decisions are correct. 

• Like 2