RETAINED LIST

1 hour ago, owlsdreamer said:

Forget about any promotion challenge next season if he does

I bet you can't wait to jump on his back after just one mistake, just like any other goalkeeper there's certain to be one or two mistakes that might cost us a goal. 

Peacock-Farrell made a few last season, the one at Ipswich was horrific. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You said yourself that Gillingham away was "not a match suited to him", though. 

Clearly Moore thought the same and went with Paterson alongside Gregory.

I don't see the issue.

It was not just this one match where he was marginalised.

Am only saying that it was almost as if the hat trick had not happened. Rhodes had the same treatment from Monk after a hat trick at Forest . What more did Monk want from a striker? Running back and fighting for the ball in midfield no doubt! I really thought Rhodes was launched for us in that match.

By all means make him only a sub away at Gillingham but before bringing him back in the starting eleven vs MK Dons, we had Paterson in his place then N M-L tried upfront instead. (He missed one match playing for Burundi) .

See the post on here from Holmowl showing the front two over that period.

Am not saying any more than it looked odd management to make him marginal for a month after the hat trick, as it’s a notable feat  for any striker. 

There's a real prospect of Dawson going on to play at a higher level than the Championship.

My worry is we give him away for close to £nowt, he does really well at Exeter, they then sell him for a few £m to a Champ side, Exeter use that money to outdo us in the market gaining promotion before we do, and then Dawson takes another step upwards, Exeter get 20% of the latest fee (much higher) and cement themselves in the Championship while we're still wondering why Wildsmith won't shave off that awful facial hair for the upcoming game against Forest Green Ramblers in League Two.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, victorturner said:

It was not just this one match where he was marginalised.

Am only saying that it was almost as if the hat trick had not happened. Rhodes had the same treatment from Monk after a hat trick at Forest . What more did Monk want from a striker? Running back and fighting for the ball in midfield no doubt! I really thought Rhodes was launched for us in that match.

By all means make him only a sub away at Gillingham but before bringing him back in the starting eleven vs MK Dons, we had Paterson in his place then N M-L tried upfront instead. (He missed one match playing for Burundi) .

See the post on here from Holmowl showing the front two over that period.

Am not saying any more than it looked odd management to make him marginal for a month after the hat trick, as it’s a notable feat  for any striker. 

Moore works with the players every day in training; gets to speak to them; hears input from the medical team re: injuries, fitness levels etc...

Berahino did well to get a hattrick against Cambridge, but no professional football manager is going to overlook all the other info. they're party to because of a performance in one match - they've got to manage a squad through game after game and try to maximise the points tally over the course of a season.

He improved no end after a few months of working on his fitness, but even then Berahino blew very hot and cold during his time here - some games his tight control in and around the penalty area paid dividends; in others he was largely peripheral.

As you said, certain games just didn't seem to suit him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Manwë said:

There's a real prospect of Dawson going on to play at a higher level than the Championship.

My worry is we give him away for close to £nowt, he does really well at Exeter, they then sell him for a few £m to a Champ side, Exeter use that money to outdo us in the market gaining promotion before we do, and then Dawson takes another step upwards, Exeter get 20% of the latest fee (much higher) and cement themselves in the Championship while we're still wondering why Wildsmith won't shave off that awful facial hair for the upcoming game against Forest Green Ramblers in League Two.

Cheer up mate.  An overactive negative imagination will cause clinical depression.

On 24/05/2022 at 14:01, Manwë said:

Worry is we give him away for nowt.?

Lets all chip in to make sure he isn’t here next year