RETAINED LIST

2 minutes ago, I Love Coffee said:

This is the first stage of the squad being refreshed, the manager knows his plans and we have to trust that the players he has lined up will improve us.

Very bold move letting Hutch go - outstanding performer all season. On the face of it leaves us with Iorfa, exciting Brennan and the sub standard Palmer.

To see Hutch go and Palmer still be at the club (yes I know his contract wasn't up) is a staggering set of affairs.

What’s Liam Palmer got to do with owt ? 

So that's 4 new CB's needed?

Dean and Storey comming back do you think?.

Berihino gone to make way for a new young fast forward?

I still rate Wildsmith before Dawson but,could end up with a new keeper comming in?

Hunt will resign.

NML is wise to try and keep as Shidipo gone.

Fingers crossed Luongo resigns but,injuries weren't kind to him last season,maybe go younger and fitter?

UTO

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

So that's 4 new CB's needed?

Dean and Storey comming back do you think?.

Berihino gone to make way for a new young fast forward?

I still rate Wildsmith before Dawson but,could end up with a new keeper comming in?

Hunt will resign.

NML is wise to try and keep as Shidipo gone.

Fingers crossed Luongo resigns but,injuries weren't kind to him last season,maybe go younger and fitter?

UTO

Dean and Gibson will be Wednesday players by the end of the summer.  Not a chance of Storey returning.

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Dean and Gibson will be Wednesday players by the end of the summer.  Not a chance of Storey returning.

But what both did either show to merit deals? Spent more time on the sidelines! 

Could do with signing players who can stay fit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Total crap as usual! Keep Wildsmith but get rid of Hutch. Ridiculous.

Not sure why people are so surprised about Wildsmith. It's not like there are a load of decent keepers out there just happy to sit on the bench at a league 1 club. It wouldn't be easy to find a better back up at this level.

Dawson has just played a full season of games he will want to be a starter either here or elsewhere.

• Like 3

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

But what both did either show to merit deals? Spent more time on the sidelines! 

Could do with signing players who can stay fit. 

It’s not my decision. I’m just starting what’s happening.

43 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I’m talking about our retained list. We never get it right. Why are we getting rid of Hutch when we only have an unfit Iorfa on our books? Why are we keeping Wildsmith when it’s obvious for 3 years that he hasn’t been good enough? 

We may well not be keeping Wildsmith. They are offers. If you were Wildsmith why would you sign. Probably be 3rd choice. If he has sense he will decline and look for a new club. The contract offer just means the club are happy for him to stay.

• Like 1