RETAINED LIST

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He's well paid here though isn't he, when you bear in mind we're in League One I don't see how he'd get a deal close to the one he has here. Wildsmith being offered a new deal makes me think the plan might be to give Dawson a go as number one next season.

Maybe. I've no idea what he's on, just what Exeter said about being beyond them. Another loan wouldn't surprise  me, being our number 1 next season would. 

I'm not against Dawson BTW,  would love him to succeed with us, but I've not seen that quality in him and not convinced one good season in L2 bridges that gap. Fantastic if so, but being a realist, dont see it. 

• Like 1

I'm chilled with all really but we're basically having to start once again with a new team ish, remembering we didn't start playing until a few months into the season, we cannot afford time for them to gel and understand Moore's way of playing.

Need to do something different and quicker this summer.

• Like 1

Think luongo will and Wildsmith will turn us down 

luongo for a better move 

wildsmith for more regular playing time 

hunt will sign on back of being reassured we are going to be making the signings to improve us 

Mendez-Laing depends on what offers are sniffing about for him 

Generally thought hutch would get at least another year 

he could arguably be put as a player of the season he was consistent through out again 

maybe it’s just cone down to lowering the average age I also know he can be a strong character ( not saying a bad egg ) 

• Like 1

Realising Dunkley and Hutch with Gibson, Dean and Storey returning to their clubs !!!!

Doesn’t that leave us with only Brennan as a recognised CB? (When Iorfa signed he was a right-back)

Hopefully a very busy summer in the transfer market or we can look forward to a back 3 of Palmer, Iorfa and Johnson

093956A0-6D02-4066-A84F-DF87F855F19F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hutch was having errors creep in

Take off the hutch tinted specs for a second and realise that it's the right time for him to go

I thought his legs were going a bit towards the end of the season. Maybe just too many games taking their toll.

If we are letting him go hopefully we are getting Dean and Gibson back or at least we have quality replacements already lined up.

• Like 1

Guest I Love Coffee

This is the first stage of the squad being refreshed, the manager knows his plans and we have to trust that the players he has lined up will improve us.

Very bold move letting Hutch go - outstanding performer all season. On the face of it leaves us with Iorfa, exciting Brennan and the sub standard Palmer.

To see Hutch go and Palmer still be at the club (yes I know his contract wasn't up) is a staggering set of affairs.

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Bigger picture. Replace Hutchinson with Dean and it’s a good move. I also think we are trying to lower the average age of the squad. 

Replacing a 32 year old with a 31 year old is a funny way of lowering the age of the squad…

But, yeah I think Dean would be a good replacement. If he can stay bloody fit. 

• Like 1

Hutchinson - can only think age and injuries have counted against him.

Dunkley - injuries plus being uncomfortable when in possession. The right call.

Berahino - genuinely surprised.

Wildsmith - surprised at this offer. If he wants play regular football. He has to move.

NML - will have better offers.

Luongo - see above.

Hunt - The only player I expect to re-sign.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hutch was having errors creep in

Take off the hutch tinted specs for a second and realise that it's the right time for him to go

Exactly, we need to put sentiments to one side, too many times we have resigned players that should have been moved. 

Sam has been a fantastic player for us no doubt but very much right time to move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Maybe. I've no idea what he's on, just what Exeter said about being beyond them. Another loan wouldn't surprise  me, being our number 1 next season would. 

I'm not against Dawson BTW,  would love him to succeed with us, but I've not seen that quality in him and not convinced one good season in L2 bridges that gap. Fantastic if so, but being a realist, dont see it. 

Another loan would make sense if Moore has decided Dawson doesn't have a future here. It's all speculation of course, but Dawson signed a long term contract in The Championship and is reportedly on around 9 grand a week and realistically he's not going to get that with a downwards move. When you consider Peacock-Farrell being here last year and Wildsmith too, we must have been spending an enormous amount of money on goalkeepers for a League One club.

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Think luongo will and Wildsmith will turn us down 

luongo for a better move 

wildsmith for more regular playing time 

hunt will sign on back of being reassured we are going to be making the signings to improve us 

Mendez-Laing depends on what offers are sniffing about for him 

Generally thought hutch would get at least another year 

he could arguably be put as a player of the season he was consistent through out again 

maybe it’s just cone down to lowering the average age I also know he can be a strong character ( not saying a bad egg ) 

I'll be surprised if Luongo doesn't return to Australia.