RETAINED LIST

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

Isn`t Gibson out of contract ?...........as for the other two , I think it would have to be on loan again.....unless Brum are prepared to let Dean leave on a free.

I mean the player wages as well as the price of buying a player etc mate

Owlstalk Shop

NML is only a poor decision if we keep the 3-5-2 system, he ain’t no wing back 

Regrettably it’s probably the right time to let Hutchinson go,  Wildsmith and Luongo won’t sign

Just now, Screen Door Slams said:

Yeah.......................I know this won`t be popular but taking everything into consideration,  I`m not sure I would have offered Luongo another deal

I agree, I can live with all the other decisions but unless  Loungo is on a much reduced wage, he should have been released. Although his playing time picked up un the second half if the season, his last few games he was running on empty.

Let's trust in the manager to get suitable replacements for the others.

• Like 2

Interesting. Thought Hutchinson had another year in him, but have to respect Moore's decision.  

Berahino leaving suggests some incomings up front, which is good news. 

Pleased we've offered contracts to Hunt, Mendez-Laing and Luongo, but whether they stay is another matter, down to the players.

The most surprising one is Wildsmith, I thought he'd be a cert to be released. To me this suggests Dawson to be loaned out or sold and will be in the market for another BPF type signing, with Wildsmith the back up option on the bench. Of course, I could be wrong, but my initial thoughts.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, UpGrahamHydesSleeve said:

I don’t know - Chansiri said he would be willing to listen to offers for players, and Exeter want Dawson, so could bring in a bother keeper still

Exeter can't get anywhere near Dawson's wages, they have a wage cap of something like 3k a week there. He'd have to take an enormous wage cut. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

cannot see Wildsmith staying, know again he wont get many games

He won’t,  he’ll be off 

Dawson won’t be here either in my opinion 

9 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

The wording of that would suggest that we are not looking to bring back Dean, Gibson, Storey either.

I wouldn't read anything into that. They will have just grouped all the loanees together. Possibly might sign Dean now Hutchinson and Dunkley have been released .

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Exeter can't get anywhere near Dawson's wages, they have a wage cap of something like 3k a week there. He'd have to take an enormous wage cut. 

Correct. Others reportedly interested though and a good time to sell (if that's what we want to do) based on last season at Exeter.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Hutch was having errors creep in

Take off the hutch tinted specs for a second and realise that it's the right time for him to go

You know, I think this is probably right. He was a little off the mark and positioning was not always the best. 

• Like 1

Anyone disappointed about Dunkley going are insane,  He’s nowhere near fit enough and hasn’t been in his entire time at the club

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Agreed. Sunderland game to one side, he was faultless most of the season for me. 

Was at fault for Wimbledon's goal at home too, stood there with his hand up like an absolutely melon. Got a deserved clip round the ear from Dean. 

What's confusing is Hutch is the perfect defender for how Moore wants to play, nobody looked more confident playing out from the back than him. I guess we'll have to see who he brings in. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Am I being stupid or when it says 'contract offers' does that mean the players have accepted them? Or they still have the option to leave? 

You’re being stupid. They haven’t accepted or they would have said they’d signed new deals. 

They (and their agents) will be waiting to see what other offers they get before making a decision. 

That’s how the world works. 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Anyone disappointed about Dunkley going are insane,  He’s nowhere near fit enough and hasn’t been in his entire time at the club

Not fit enough and not good enough either. 

Thank God this will be the end of the Dunkley threads, I might go and get some cans. 

• Haha 1